Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obscure Mutants

Default Obscure Mutants

Which obscure mutants would you like to see and learn more about?

My pick: I recently learned about Unveil, which is what prompted this thread, and find her utterly fascinating. She could easily be resurrected.

She can release and transform into psychotropic mists, making her insubstantial while her substance can connect the minds and emotions of other people, unlock repressed memories, conceal the physical presence of people and shield minds from detection or manipulation. She can also transport herself and others through long distances with her mists.

Obscure Mutants, are you referring to black people?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Obscure Mutants, are you referring to black people?
    Um, WAT? 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Um, WAT? ��
    Because if so, I find it very problematic to use the word "obscure" to refer to black people, even if your intuition wasn't that.

Because if so, I find it very problematic to use the word "obscure" to refer to black people, even if your intuition wasn't that.
    I find it problematic that 1) you seem to be assuming I am referring to black people as “obscure,” which also truly boggles my mind, and, as a result, 2) you also seem to be assuming my race, which is also problematic.

Let’s be clear, this thread has nothing to do with race and everything to do with interesting characters that have been created, used sparingly, and rarely heard from again. I suggest you rethink what you asked me.

BANNED

I'd love to see Kiden Nixon and her group from NYX again. I think the last time they've appeared in anything was the X-23 one-shot, and there's some interesting powers in there.

I find it problematic that 1) you seem to be assuming I am referring to black people as “obscure,” which also truly boggles my mind, and, as a result, 2) you also seem to be assuming my race, which is also problematic.

Let’s be clear, this thread has nothing to do with race and everything to do with interesting characters that have been created, used sparingly, and rarely heard from again. I suggest you rethink what you asked me.
    You didn't specify, before I thought they were dark mutants, but when I got to it I saw it, and no, I never tried to guess what their race is.

You didn't specify, before I thought they were dark mutants, but when I got to it I saw it, and no, I never tried to guess what their race is.
    No, I didn’t specify race(s), which is precisely the point.

Tantra needs a comeback.

Currently depowered, he was able to manipulate emotions like making people fall in love with a tree. I wonder if he still looks like an elephant.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Santa Claus.
    "Cable was right!"

No, I didn’t specify race(s), which is precisely the point.
    So that's why I asked you a question, at the time I didn't understand, lol. Strange to call forgotten or unknown mutants obscure

Ultimate Member

Bora, seven foot tall Russian mutant with wind powers, first seen in an issue of Moon Knight. She was taken away to join Xavier's school in her first introduction, but then not really ever seemed to show up in an X-property, AFAIK.

Link, a telekinetic from the Dazzler/Beast 'Beauty & the Beast' mini-series.

The Press Gang, mutant Genoshans.

And yes, Unveil!

Sketch! I hate that she was never used, AFAIK, past one issue.

Also Kali, who fought Gambit and Rogue for one issue in the late 90s. I know she died, but with Krakoa she could be resurrected.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 08-09-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So that's why I asked you a question, at the time I didn't understand, lol. Strange to call forgotten or unknown mutants obscure
    It's literally part of the definition of the word

OBSCURE:
    relatively unknown: such as
    a: REMOTE, SECLUDED - "an obscure village"
    b: not prominent or famous - "an obscure poet"

For me I would throw Gailyn and Joey Bailey into the mix as I think it's time they are brought into the X-fold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Bora, seven foot tall Russian mutant with wind powers, first seen in an issue of Moon Knight. She was taken away to join Xavier's school in her first introduction, but then not really ever seemed to show up in an X-property, AFAIK.

Link, a telekinetic from the Dazzler/Beast 'Beauty & the Beast' mini-series.

The Press Gang, mutant Genoshans.

And yes, Unveil!
    Strange how none of the Press Gang were invited to and or resurrected on Krakoa.