Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Hickman moving on to......substack?

with the news that Tynion is moving over to substack and ending his Batman run, Hickman has now revealed he will be making content over there under his 3 worlds, 3 moons imprint.

https://3w3m.substack.com/p/three-worlds-three-moons

there are a few paste tense sentences in this piece giving the sense that maybe his time is already over at the X-Office.

The most telling is "I’m really not interested anymore in replicating the assembly-line structure of how those [marvel] books are made."

It really feels like he is ready to move on, wouldnt blame him. I have a feeling if things shake out like i think they will covid-19 will look like a birthday party for the big two.

If he did move on from marvel and this current x-men story how would you all feel about the story? Would it matter or not that Hickman's story was being completed by other writers?
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

I haven't really read his specific series beyond House of X/Power of X. So i'm cool with other writers finishing his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    …"I’m really not interested anymore in replicating the assembly-line structure of how those [marvel] books are made."
    Chiiile…

BANNED

I guess you don't give someone else the flagship if you are sticking around.

Wow.

I wonder who gets to be Head of X now.

There should always be a Head of X. Marvel should maintain a semblance of cohesiveness in the line as a standard.

Wow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    with the news that Tynion is moving over to substack and ending his Batman run, Hickman has now revealed he will be making content over there under his 3 worlds, 3 moons imprint.

https://3w3m.substack.com/p/three-worlds-three-moons

there are a few paste tense sentences in this piece giving the sense that maybe his time is already over at the X-Office.

The most telling is "I’m really not interested anymore in replicating the assembly-line structure of how those [marvel] books are made."

It really feels like he is ready to move on, wouldnt blame him. I have a feeling if things shake out like i think they will covid-19 will look like a birthday party for the big two.

If he did move on from marvel and this current x-men story how would you all feel about the story? Would it matter or not that Hickman's story was being completed by other writers?
    Hmmmm sad but happy for him to go onto other projects that give him joy.... Grateful for what he has done with the xproperty and giving mutants in general an active role in their destiny.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It already seems that the individual writers are already taking greater responsibility for the direction of their own books...with HiX-Man focusing on his initial HoX/PoX plots.

I'm still living in the moment and enjoying this Krakoa Era, for however long it lasts. When HiX-Man moves on (as is inevitable) I will still be lauding over everything I've enjoyed this era.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

If this is true, it's understandable but also sad.

I felt when HOX/POX started that this was going to be a five year run leading to a big finish a la his runs on AVENGERS/NEW AVENGERS.

If Hickman leaves after Inferno, he'd still have done one of the best X-Men runs of all time, contributed at least one all-time instant classic story - HOX/POX, and a few landmark single issues (the "Davos" one, the Crucible) and basically have no bad issues to his name.

So my mood will be "don't cry because it's over, be glad it happened" and if it turns out Hickman is going to continue to do an epic five year long run, then I will treat each issue like it's his last.

If Hickman steps away it's a failing of Marvel editorial for not remunerating talent, not giving them enough of a stake to continue working in licensed stuff, and not doing right in general.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I guess you don't give someone else the flagship if you are sticking around.

Wow.

I wonder who gets to be Head of X now.

There should always be a Head of X. Marvel should maintain a semblance of cohesiveness in the line as a standard.

Wow.
    I guess Duggan is now head of x

He may not be moving on yet, but he sure doesn't seem happy.

Will Inferno be his last hurrah? It seems like it.

That was quick.

Already? Wowwwwww.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    He may not be moving on yet, but he sure doesn't seem happy.
    I like some of the Non-Hickman writers (Duggan especially) but if Hickman leaves, I would certainly not be following the X-Men run. I'd wait for the trades.

Hickman was the engine of the entire era, even for the runs by other writers and I've followed titles and characters I wouldn't have because it would all tie in with his stuff eventually. This doesn't mean that whoever comes after Hickman is doomed to failure or that they would do bad stuff, I'd just wait for the trade that's all.

Still after Claremont, there aren't many writers who do long runs. Grant Morrison for instance did just 41 issues (New X-Men #114-154 and an Annual). Hickman has already turned in more issues than Morrison has (21 issues for X-Men, 12 issues in HOX/POX, the four issues of X of Swords, four issues in New Mutants, the 5 Giant-Size X-Men Shorts).

Maybe that's the way of things.

Happy for him, a little sad for myself as a fan.

I think we'll start to be able to piece together whether Inferno really is the last hurray based on how dense those issues are.

Definitely think Ewing should be the next Head of X. I would really only trust him or him+ a collective of 1-2 of the other best X-writers to keep the momentum going.

I feel like that quote sounds more like he just doesn't intend on applying this kind of structure on his other projects, in other companies. He talks about not wanting to replicate it, which has nothing to do with the state of the original...