Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I actually really like Siegfried right now. He’s so far been a genuinely nice romance option for Diana. Plus it helps he can fight just as good as her with a sword.
    Oh let me be clear: I was being genuine. I like Siegfried. When he's gone, I'm going to miss him.

But Cloonan and Conrad pretty clearly telegraphed his death in the #776.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Overridden with the current Earth 11. All other Earth 11's exist in hypertime. They have debooted Dane back to image below but slightly different backstory.
    Wonder_Man_Earth-11_001.jpg
    Last edited by D.Z; 08-10-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Oh let me be clear: I was being genuine. I like Siegfried. When he's gone, I'm going to miss him.

Oh no doubt you like him I just agreed with everyone saying I didn’t want to thinks about that. But question, isn’t Siegfried technically already dead? I mean he was in Valhalla so...how does that work?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Oh no doubt you like him I just agreed with everyone saying I didn’t want to thinks about that. But question, isn’t Siegfried technically already dead? I mean he was in Valhalla so...how does that work?
    Could be worse.

Could be setting him up to turn evil.

Incredible Member

I mean, Deadman physically touches stuff and gets physically dragged off by Janus despite being...a deadman's spirit lol.

And Diana was basically also dead. I'm gonna chalk up them getting corporeal bodies after leaving the Afterlife to magic since they have bodies once they get back to the Multiverse.

It is kind of a glaring plot hole but, honestly, it could be worse.

First thoughts after a quick read: This was a fun Bronze Age-style slugfest. Really reminded me of a Roy Thomas/John Buscema-era Avengers tale, with melodramatic speeches and the earnest narration.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

I'm gonna miss Siegfriend so much when he inevitably sacrifices himself.
    She met him in the afterlife so I think after he dies he’ll be fine.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I hope the other Earth-11 still exists, which had a different premise from this one, but then does it mean that there are two Earth-11 now? It would make sense with so many universes with Wonder Woman and other male heroes, it doesn't make sense there is only a universe with changed genders, but now I want to read Diana knowing her other male counterpart

The only thing that’s changed really is the “Wonder” counterpart, and you can easily just have Wonderous Man be a Donna counterpart who took over for Dane.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This was a nice improvement from the last issue, paced well, we got some cool moments for Diana and company, and some sweet artwork. The dialogue heavy action wasn't bad, at first glace I thought it was overbearing but the more I reread it the more I felt like it worked. I don't really have a huge negative, all in all its one of those issues that felt like it truly moved the plot and gave us some nice action. Some points to the cool light blue fire effects of the God Scraper. Diana going toe to toe with Janus while holding her weapon hand was sweet, also Diana reopening a closing dimensional portal was double sweet if a bit hard to calculate lol.

The "SJW" stuff was nothing to care about tbh, are "anti-sjw's" even reading Diana?

The child storyline was alright, kind of a light retelling of the Perez origin with some minor changes. Hippolyta was the one to throw the first spear, I guess. Also Themyscira was always on an Island considering Herc and his men came by boat, idk. It was ok, not exactly great. Like its trying to make the reader feel bad for Hippolyta killing some monster trying to harm her sister and its like "you know back in the day that's a very justified reason to kill someone", I know that she wasn't suppose to because of her promise to the Goddesses but, maybe its the art, but I didn't feel that weight to it.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Janus said, “To prove my goodwill, I come bearing a gift. Something your captors kept in what they thought was a secure location.”

His captors are the Justice Guild, so it was Dane’s golden lasso.

Side-note, that purple lasso is weird… Diana said the lasso command her to strip Dane of his title. Not sure how literally we are meant to take that, but it was talking to her last issue…
    Ah, I misread then. Thank you.

Yeah, it would have been nice to see what effect the lasso truly had on Dane.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I mean, Deadman physically touches stuff and gets physically dragged off by Janus despite being...a deadman's spirit lol.

And Diana was basically also dead. I'm gonna chalk up them getting corporeal bodies after leaving the Afterlife to magic since they have bodies once they get back to the Multiverse.

It is kind of a glaring plot hole but, honestly, it could be worse.
    Maybe some changeling magic?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

What a bad issue. Here i was expecting to see a cool fight. But no. Another moment of WW being weak along with her male counterpart. Why nobody seems to be able to write good WW action these days?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The only thing that’s changed really is the “Wonder” counterpart, and you can easily just have Wonderous Man be a Donna counterpart who took over for Dane.
    Not quite, Aquawoman says "your world's Female Amazons", with the bold and all, which would imply that this Earth-11 has male Amazons. That doesn't line up with the below from Morrison's GL run:

Last edited by Hypo; 08-10-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Not quite, Aquawoman says "your world's Female Amazons", with the bold and all, which would imply that this Earth-11 has male Amazons. That doesn't line up with the below from Morrison's GL run:

Which is double weird because in Countdown Presents the Search for Ray Palmer Superwoman and Batwoman the Amazon’s of Earth-11 are all male.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-10-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Which is double weird because in Countdown (which Morrison also wrote) the Amazon’s of Earth-11 are all male.
    Morrison didn't write Countdown and they weren't really involved with it in any way, was a Didio championed project presumably meant to piggyback on the expected sales from Final Crisis.

Here's an old interview where Morrison talks about the continuity problems between Countdown, Final Crisis and Death of the New Gods, boils down to:
    To reiterate, hopefully for the last time, when we started work on Final Crisis, J.G. and I had no idea what was going to happen in Countdown or Death Of The New Gods because neither of those books existed at that point. The Countdown writers were later asked to ‘seed’ material from Final Crisis and in some cases, probably due to the pressure of filling the pages of a weekly book, that seeding amounted to entire plotlines veering off in directions I had never envisaged, anticipated or planned for in Final Crisis.
    Last edited by Hypo; 08-10-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Morrison didn't write Countdown and he wasn't really involved with it in any way, was a Didio championed project presumably meant to piggyback on the expected sales from Final Crisis.

Here's an old interview where Morrison talks about the continuity problems between Countdown and Final Crisis: https://web.archive.org/web/20110604...risonFC01.html
    Yeah I had a brain fart.