Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot about him. But actually he looks pretty much like Wonderous Man, so you could still have Donald become Wonderous Man. But ultimately it’s just the kind of continuity error nobody but us nerds care about.
    What continuity error?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I mean, Wonder Woman is a literal social justice warrior, so...
    Every single time I read "keep politics and SJW/woke BS out of my Wonder Woman" I have to laugh. Have these people READ an actual Wonder Woman comic?
    Heck, have they read an actual mainstream superhero comic book???

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Every single time I read "keep politics and SJW/woke BS out of my Wonder Woman" I have to laugh. Have these people READ an actual Wonder Woman comic?
    Obviously not.

Incredible Member

On comicbookroundup, I found a user review for the issue from someone called Abrakadabra:

"The only good thing about is the fact we are closing to the end. And Emanuela Lupacchino art.

It was cringeworthy, so boring and predictable. Throwing this men are bad in every issue gets just that cringworthy. Doesnt matter if its a satyr, elf king, Thor or ofcourse Wonder Man. Diana needs to throw some one liner about patriarchy in every issue. If the stories were at least connected and frankly better you may overlooked. The writer in under the heel of his gf co writer and its shown here. Just get her to earth. Disconnect from DC universe, fighting some villain no one cares for. Thats why it sales around 25k. Again. If all that you have going is a hunk and forced down the throat feminism, yeah it suck."

So yeah, I found one of the mythical WW reader's that has a problem with feminism. Haha, what jokes!

Incredible Member

I believe Cloonan and Conrad's approach to men quite balanced in the issue. Seigfried is literally there to be the idealized version of a good man, whereas Dane is the encapsulation of toxicity and entitlement. And they have Siggy fighting him back and calling his views archaic. Then the Justice Guild ask Siggy to join because they need a new, better representation for men. Like, what did they say that was "men are bad"? Did Diana even mention the patriarchy lol? I recall Dane saying down with the matriarchy, but I don't think the word patriarchy is even in the issue. Like, wuuuh?

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    On comicbookroundup, I found a user review for the issue from someone called Abrakadabra:

"The only good thing about is the fact we are closing to the end. And Emanuela Lupacchino art.

It was cringeworthy, so boring and predictable. Throwing this men are bad in every issue gets just that cringworthy. Doesnt matter if its a satyr, elf king, Thor or ofcourse Wonder Man. Diana needs to throw some one liner about patriarchy in every issue. If the stories were at least connected and frankly better you may overlooked. The writer in under the heel of his gf co writer and its shown here. Just get her to earth. Disconnect from DC universe, fighting some villain no one cares for. Thats why it sales around 25k. Again. If all that you have going is a hunk and forced down the throat feminism, yeah it suck."

So yeah, I found one of the mythical WW reader's that has a problem with feminism. Haha, what jokes!
    I think you have it all wrong. I have no problem with feminism. I have no problem with SJW. Which WW is like the original SJW. I have a problem with WW being boring and weak these days. I have a problem with the fact that the so called face of feminism and girl power, feels like a glorified super human and nothing more these days. I have a problem with how Cheetah is treated like garbage that catwoman can beat. That batman can beat. That green arrow can beat. That a nameless dude with a gun can kill. That a 20 seconds under water with an electrical cable can beat etc. I have a problem with the side of DC lore that is supposed to be the representation of girl power having so many underwhelming performances.

That kind of neckbeard meninist should maybe stick to reading Punisher.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I think you have it all wrong. I have no problem with feminism. I have no problem with SJW. Which WW is like the original SJW. I have a problem with WW being boring and weak these days. I have a problem with the fact that the so called face of feminism and girl power, feels like a glorified super human and nothing more these days. I have a problem with how Cheetah is treated like garbage that catwoman can beat. That batman can beat. That green arrow can beat. That a nameless dude with a gun can kill. That a 20 seconds under water with an electrical cable can beat etc. I have a problem with the side of DC lore that is supposed to be the representation of girl power having so many underwhelming performances.
    So is this you that posted that review on comicbookroundup? Because I didn't know that and wasn't looking to embarrass you or anything. We were talking about the kinds of people that don't read the WW book and I found someone that sounds like they really shouldn't be reading WW to begin with lol.

As for the rest of your post, I don't know what that has to do with WW #777 and I'd rather stay on topic.

So is this you that posted that review on comicbookroundup? Because I didn't know that and wasn't looking to embarrass you or anything. We were talking about the kinds of people that don't read the WW book and I found someone that sounds like they really shouldn't be reading WW to begin with lol.

As for the rest of your post, I don't know what that has to do with WW #777 and I'd rather stay on topic.
    No, it wasn't. But you assumed it was me.

No, it wasn't. But you assumed it was me.
    How in the world did you come to that conclusion?

How in the world did you come to that conclusion?
    He said that review sounded like something i would say. I have never said anything afˇgainst feminism.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post

He said that review sounded like something i would say. I have never said anything afˇgainst feminism.
    I'm really starting to suspect you're just trolling us.

I'm really starting to suspect you're just trolling us.
    It turns out i misread his post. Said mythical not mystical. So i apologize
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 08-11-2021 at 08:39 AM.

You misread his comment