Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You misread his comment
    Oh. Then i'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I believe Cloonan and Conrad's approach to men quite balanced in the issue. Seigfried is literally there to be the idealized version of a good man, whereas Dane is the encapsulation of toxicity and entitlement. And they have Siggy fighting him back and calling his views archaic. Then the Justice Guild ask Siggy to join because they need a new, better representation for men. Like, what did they say that was "men are bad"? Did Diana even mention the patriarchy lol? I recall Dane saying down with the matriarchy, but I don't think the word patriarchy is even in the issue. Like, wuuuh?
    This.

And there is also Deadman and even Ratatosk was revealed as a boy in Elfhame. Which makes all three characters of Diana's supporting cast for this current arc men.

Odin too, while chaotic, isn't depicted as bad. Nor have the Greek gods been depicted as horrible deities. Janus male side isn't the big bad, it's the female side.

Some people just can't handle when toxic and entitled behaviour is called out and punished.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm really starting to suspect you're just trolling us.
    To be fair, mystical41 is very zealous when it comes to Wonder Woman as are most of the posters here.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    This.

And there is also Deadman and even Ratatosk was revealed as a boy in Elfhame. Which makes all three characters of Diana's supporting cast for this current arc men.

Odin too, while chaotic, isn't depicted as bad. Nor have the Greek gods been depicted as horrible deities. Janus male side isn't the big bad, it's the female side.
    Some people just can't handle when toxic and entitled behaviour is called out and punished.
    Because they feel reflected. They feel like we are punishing their own behaviors, they feel accused and they don't want to realize what kind of people they are.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    This.

It's so much harder to do this in real life, but comic books have always been a medium of wish fulfillment. Like, if we can't even have Wonder Woman fight off this bullshit in a freaking comic book, where the hell is it appropriate? Boggles me mind.

Also, mystical41 I definitely was not talking about you but apology accepted, mate. Haha, I know you're passionate about WW and I've not gotten the impression you're anti-feminist. Thanks for the laughs though!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Because they feel reflected. They feel like we are punishing their own behaviors, they feel accused and they don't want to realize what kind of people they are.
    This. That should always be a moment of reflection but for so many it becomes a moment where they double down.

Siggy is literally getting fawned over for being masculinity sans toxicity and people are complaining the book is sexist or something?

Bruh. Not five issues ago Diana had herself a slice of Siegcake to universal acclaim (and jealousy) and her primary support figures are dudes, none of which have been servile. The run clearly isn't saying men are a problem, just a specific subset of behaviors.

I am struggling to understand. Everyone's coming across respected so far.

This is why we can't have nice things!
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.