Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Spider-man Spiders Shadow 5

So good, so f*cking good.
    I love this so much.
    MJ and Peter made it out
    Jonah and Brock seem to understand that they have been blaming Spider-man for their own problems
    Reed dies, sad af
    Sue was amazing in this, her push on the heroes and the ending
    Man, the ending:- Sue offers Pete to move past this and join the FF
    Epilogue:-Kingpin is alive but not good, and there is carnage in the future

Only thing is no Black Cat from what I can tell, no closure there.

Extraordinary Member

Oh and Spider-man get's some short but great apperances in DD and America Chavez
    DD:-No words, but seeing tony show respect for Pete is great
    America:-Seems like they are friends(1st issue and then the 5th), I hope we see they them together more

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So good, so f*cking good.
    I love this so much.
    MJ and Peter made it out
    Jonah and Brock seem to understand that they have been blaming Spider-man for their own problems
    Reed dies, sad af
    Sue was amazing in this, her push on the heroes and the ending
    Man, the ending:- Sue offers Pete to move past this and join the FF
    Epilogue:-Kingpin is alive but not good, and there is carnage in the future

Only thing is no Black Cat from what I can tell, no closure there.
    It would be nice if Spencer’s ending can be as nice as this.

BANNED

I have to say this is my least favorite of the stuff Zdarsky’s done with Spider-Man. The first 3 issues were excellent but as soon as the FF became involved it became less interesting. The ending felt like a punch was pulled.

Mind you this is still Zdarsky so it still has interesting stuff and cool character beats.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    It would be nice if Spencer’s ending can be as nice as this.
    Here's hoping.
    Wouldn't matter though because of Beyond though

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I have to say this is my least favorite of the stuff Zdarsky’s done with Spider-Man. The first 3 issues were excellent but as soon as the FF became involved it became less interesting. The ending felt like a punch was pulled.

Mind you this is still Zdarsky so it still has interesting stuff and cool character beats.
    I can see why people don't like it as much but it's still an amazing comic for current standards.

huh a happy ending for Peter wow I didn't expect that. Honestly my only complaint about this series was Black Cat involvement in it. She didnt matter at all. Peter joining the fantastic four replacing Reed is interesting upgrade i guess. Kingpin surviving is kinda strange since they release peter identity due to his "death". Overall its Ok story. Life Story is still my favorite writing if his maybe the sequel will be better.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Here's hoping.
    Wouldn't matter though because of Beyond though
    I will give Beyond a chance but if Marvel takes the Soap Opera approach and put Peter in a coma ( similar to “Will the baby live or die”?) then I will bail until Peter and MJ return

It was a more bittersweet ending than an outright happy one, but it wasn't as down as I thought it would be. Nice callback to the first What If with Peter joining the FF.

(I wonder what the plan is for this new What If format. Will they do sequels?)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Wasn't bad. Shame about Reed not making it, and Kingpin in the epilogue getting his hands on the symbiote . . . reminded me somewhat of Marvel's hypothetical 100th anniversary comics, particularly the one starring Spider-Man that saw him fighting Kingpin with a technologically enhanced Venom symbiote.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

I will give Beyond a chance but if Marvel takes the Soap Opera approach and put Peter in a coma ( similar to “Will the baby live or die”?) then I will bail until Peter and MJ return
    They confirmed that Peter won't make it past the 2nd issue already.So Coma or death is confirmed.

Astonishing Member

They confirmed that Peter won't make it past the 2nd issue already.So Coma or death is confirmed.
    Not necessarily. They could simply have Peter take a vacation with MJ. I suggested LA before where he can see Dodgers Stadium ( he is a baseball fan ( Mets)) and the Pacific Ocean.

Extraordinary Member

Not necessarily. They could simply have Peter take a vacation with MJ. I suggested LA before where he can see Dodgers Stadium ( he is a baseball fan ( Mets)) and the Pacific Ocean.
    They say 2 Spiders swing in and one swings out and it's by a threat and it's fatal.And the covers and other stuff are clear indications.

I don't think fatal is a vacation, guess we'll wait and see.

Astonishing Member

They say 2 Spiders swing in and one swings out and it's by a threat and it's fatal.And the covers and other stuff are clear indications.

I don't think fatal is a vacation, guess we'll wait and see.
    The problems with both are as follows: 1: Coma: a: It becomes a soap Opera: Will Peter live or die. b: It takes away from Ben. 2: Death. a: You mess with Spencer’s outcome. If Spencer wanted to kill off Peter and have the next writer bring him back, that is one thing, but obviously he did NOT otherwise he would not have had Kindred kill him and bring him back. He would have killed him off in 875 and that would be a wrap. b: Death should be meaningful. Even in Slott’s Superior Peter was away from the book for an extended period of time ( like it or not). Peter dying and returning for Amazing 900 strikes me as a cheap stunt that is unfair to not only Peter but Ben as well. Think about it: If Amazing is going to be 3 times a month and that means 8 months to 900 ( not enough time to develop Ben Reilly to the best he can be).

Extraordinary Member

The problems with both are as follows: 1: Coma: a: It becomes a soap Opera: Will Peter live or die. b: It takes away from Ben. 2: Death. a: You mess with Spencer’s outcome. If Spencer wanted to kill off Peter and have the next writer bring him back, that is one thing, but obviously he did NOT otherwise he would not have had Kindred kill him and bring him back. He would have killed him off in 875 and that would be a wrap. b: Death should be meaningful. Even in Slott’s Superior Peter was away from the book for an extended period of time ( like it or not). Peter dying and returning for Amazing 900 strikes me as a cheap stunt that is unfair to not only Peter but Ben as well. Think about it: If Amazing is going to be 3 times a month and that means 8 months to 900 ( not enough time to develop Ben Reilly to the best he can be).
    It's marvel, they are killing Doc Strange and Wanda months before MoM.Most of present Marvel is cheap stunts for headline grabs my guy.
    Even big sites already state it won't last lone, 900+ 60th aniversary+ NWH.Marvel won't pass up on that.

And Spencer is f*cked either way, since OMD aftermath isn't the focus, a clone who was used to replace the Spider-marriage is.it's disrespectful as heck.