Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    How many straight romances even have that these days? Why does queer narrative have to be hold to a different standard?
    yes your right queer stories should be crap why ask for something good
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hero talk View Post
    yes so the art of good storyteller should die 2021 does not need good stories
    Romance and views of sex and sexuality have changed. Why let modern narratives be weighed down by archaic views of romance? At least stuff like Bridgerton attempts to update and modernize such trappings.

Incredible Member

yes your right queer stories should be crap why ask for something good
    Your opinion of a good queer story seems to be no queer story.

jane was just an exampal and again in real life people go out on dates to know the other person in romance stories thats rarely the case in fact in romance movies the main character is often in a relationship with someone else when they meet
    there true love
    So that means this can't be? You're holding romance stories to some arbitrary story structure. Stories can be told in countless different ways.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Your opinion of a good queer story seems to be no queer story.
    what do you mean

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    If they all write him as a self-insert character.

Not that I necessarily agree with this point but it is possible lol.
    You really trying to tell me dozens of writers used conspired to use Tim Drake as a self-insert character for decades?
    Even when they killed his mum and his old man and had him tortured by Superman's dad?
    Gimme a break, man.
    "Cable was right!"

Niffleheim

yes so the art of good storyteller should die 2021 does not need good stories
    An Austen story was mostly about property and security that women couldn't own unless they married

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So that means this can't be? You're holding romance stories to some arbitrary story structure. Stories can be told in countless different ways.
    yes and one of those ways is badly

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    An Austen story was mostly about property and security that women couldn't own unless they married
    again jane was just an exampal

Incredible Member

That was because that was how English common law worked in the 1800s. What they called la feme covert or the doctrine of
    coverture. Whatever assets a woman had going into a marriage became immediately controlled by her husband. Unless
    her father didn't trust the new son-in-law, in which case they could try and get around that provision. It wasn't easy. Coverture
    was only gradually repealed over time.

yes and one of those ways is badly
    Yeah, and you only view it as bad because it's not fitting to your arbitrary standards of what a romance story has to be. The story hasn't even had a chance to flesh out and you're already writing it off.

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Fantastic Member

Yeah, and you only view it as bad because it's not fitting to your arbitrary standards of what a romance story has to be. The story hasn't even had a chance to flesh out and you're already writing it off.
    well I've tired to think of something that has drama or surprise but nothing comes to mind do you have any ideas

well I've tired to think of something that has drama or surprise but nothing comes to mind do you have any ideas
    They could go on a date and decide they don't like each other.
    They could go on a date and it ends in disaster.
    They could go on a date and it goes amazing but the relationship burns out fast.
    They could go on a date and decide they want to take it slow, leading to stories of them discovering more about each other and getting closer.
    They could date only for Tim to find out his new boyfriend is holding a secret from him.
    They could date, break up and have his ex become his villain out of spite.

Among countless other ideas. You aren't the one writing the story. Just because you don't have any ideas doesn't mean there aren't any ideas out there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You really trying to tell me dozens of writers used conspired to use Tim Drake as a self-insert character for decades?
    Even when they killed his mum and his old man and had him tortured by Superman's dad?
    Gimme a break, man.
    I'm not the one arguing Tim is a boring character.

However, that poster explained why he feels he is and you're not going to convince him otherwise.

I agree this was done to create some sort of distinction for Tim who has suffered greatly in recent years for many reasons. I'm more curious if you're no longer interested in reading the adventures of Tim Drake because he might be queer/be dating another boy?

Fantastic Member

They could go on a date and decide they don't like each other.
    They could go on a date and it ends in disaster.
    They could go on a date and it goes amazing but the relationship burns out fast.
    They could go on a date and decide they want to take it slow, leading to stories of them discovering more about each other and getting closer.
    They could date only for Tim to find out his new boyfriend is holding a secret from him.
    They could date, break up and have his ex become his villain out of spite.

Among countless other ideas. You aren't the one writing the story. Just because you don't have any ideas doesn't mean there aren't any ideas out there.
    I didn't say I was the one writing the story
    the date will not go badly they will not decide they don't like each other they want to show that tim is bi having them not like each other could put that in to question and they can not leave room for doubt
    date and it goes amazing but the relationship burns out fast it not much a story because there not really losing anything
    if they were going to take it slow I don't think they would have gone on a date the last two could work