Robert James Liguori

The Secret of Chesbro House

My lord, reading a Mignola comic is like having your first cigarette of the day.

A brief nicotine high, adrenaline rush, confrontation with the supernatural.

Chesbro House has it all... Leaving the reader awaiting the next Hellboy adventure.

I like that they are doing these fun Hellboy stories. The Shawn McManus art helped a lot. Loved how he did the ghosts and demon monster.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Robert James Liguori

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I like that they are doing these fun Hellboy stories. The Shawn McManus art helped a lot. Loved how he did the ghosts and demon monster.
    Me too, 'hope to see more of these comics in the future.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It had a nice early Hellboy feel too it, my only criticism was that when they showed the egg being put into her it looked like they took something out of her instead because of the way the panels were laid out.

Robert James Liguori

I guess the paneling is an issue sometimes. Page 192/193 of witchfinder omnibus volume one has a similar issue... Its apparent if you misread the layout.

Quote Originally Posted by hbr View Post
    I guess the paneling is an issue sometimes. Page 192/193 of witchfinder omnibus volume one has a similar issue... Its apparent if you misread the layout.
    Until I saw the egg in her skeletal remains on I think it was the next page I had no idea what was going on.

Robert James Liguori

... And the creature was way bigger than what the egg could enclose. I imagine creative freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by hbr View Post
    ... And the creature was way bigger than what the egg could enclose. I imagine creative freedom.
    I don't mind that at all, I'm just saying that visually what happened wasn't clear. It looked more like they were trying to show some kind of psychic surgery to remove one of her organs rather than implanting something into her.

Robert James Liguori

... As I recall I think I noticed no physical wounds as I too was trying to make sense of the panels.

All-New Member

I don't mind that at all, I'm just saying that visually what happened wasn't clear. It looked more like they were trying to show some kind of psychic surgery to remove one of her organs rather than implanting something into her.

Was slightly confused by the ending. In the flashback where Sarah was imprisoned by her brother, they referred to him as George. Shouldn't it have been Charles?