Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    From Jeff Lemire's newsletter: a sneak peak at Robin and Batman #2:

That's so goddamned perfect! The only flaw I see is that this is only three issues long. I'd love to get these two on a longer run on the main title.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Wait, so is this in continuity, out of continuity, replacing continuity, working alongside continuity, or what?
    Either way, I love the early years stuff for Batman and for Robin, so definitely interested in this, definitely going to check this out.

This. Now I've made no qualms about the fact that I'm against doing a live action Robin in film in a serious/grounded non-campy/comedic film. But if they ever do decide to pull that trigger and go down the Robin origin in modern times live action film route, they're going to need some source material that isn't decades old. Some early modern Dick Robin takes like this is a necessity if that's ever going to happen. Because he sure isn't going out with bare legs or tights in a Hollywood movie.
    That's the bit I absolutely never get about qualms about Robin in a live action film. Other than the Adam West show no live action Batman has given us a comic accurate Batman costume...so why would a modern live action film do a comics accurate Robin costume? It just reads like a strawman to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's the bit I absolutely never get about qualms about Robin in a live action film. Other than the Adam West show no live action Batman has given us a comic accurate Batman costume...so why would a modern live action film do a comics accurate Robin costume? It just reads like a strawman to me.
    Oh, I wasn't suggesting that they would do a comics accurate Robin costume (not counting The Lego Batman Movie) or that his "classic" costume was holding him back - the point of that post was the bulk I spent on him needing origins set closer to our modern times, the last sentence your focused on was 50% joke and 50% saying it's good to give the movie peeps options on what a Robin costume might look like other than ripping of Tim's or Damian's threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Satellite era Justice League? The Teen Titans meeting on the Watchtower? Batman being supportive? Awesome .
    Wow! This just became the series I’m most looking forward to. And what a creative team.

Spectacular Member

This looks fantastic - couldn't be more excited!

I wish we got more "flashback" series like this, covering the other Robins as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    This looks fantastic - couldn't be more excited!

I wish we got more "flashback" series like this, covering the other Robins as well.
    Maybe this will lead to a yearly prestiege series for each Robin...although there's probably only plans for Dick.

Maybe this will lead to a yearly prestiege series for each Robin...although there's probably only plans for Dick.
    That would be awesome!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Wasn't Croc in Robin: Year One too? Or am I thinking of Nightwing: Year One?

Remember when a Robin's rite-of-passage was fighting Two-Face?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

I am so excited for this

Never read Robin: Year One nor Nightwing: Year One, but why the f#@% is young Dick dealing with Croc?!?

Croc was the reason why JASON became Robin originally!

from Detective Comics #526 (May 1983)

Yeah, yeah, I know that's the pre-CoIE version . . .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It's Nightwing Year One

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Never read Robin: Year One nor Nightwing: Year One, but why the f#@% is young Dick dealing with Croc?!?

Croc was the reason why JASON became Robin originally!

from Detective Comics #526 (May 1983)

Yeah, yeah, I know that's the pre-CoIE version . . .
    In Post-Dixon and New 52 he no longer responsible for the Todds death but guest stars whenever Jason becomes Robin which I'm sure is a call back

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    . . . In Post-Dixon and New 52 he no longer responsible for the Todds death but guest stars whenever Jason becomes Robin which I'm sure is a call back
    I know they dropped Croc from being the reason Jason became Robin for the post-CoIE version (when they changed Jason from being a Dick-clone to the anti-Dick), but I find it annoying that they are having young Dick taking on Croc now for this story.

Extraordinary Member

Some more pages:

Extraordinary Member