Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So with this not being Black Label... this is supposed to be new official version of Dick's origin?

As for costume looking a bit like Damian's, maybe thats intentional to kinda bridge first and current Robin?

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...E2%80%99s-ally

Preview pages. Looks like it's supposed to be a proto-Robin costume.

Only fair that a modernized Dick draws from Damian, as Damian's costume was kind of a retrofitting of Dick's costume.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Lemire wrote... New 52 Animal Man. So he's good at family dynamic. Story can be dark and fantastical but with humor.

That's my impression.

Well, at least they didn't bring back the New 52 Robin suit.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Awesome Nguyen back on a Batbook!

Man, do I miss Streets of Gothams.

I would love it if he came back and did a mini with Dini again

I really like that costume. The black pants and mask work.

This looks interesting. We don't get that many Dick as Robin stories anymore, so this might be good. I get we don't get them because Dick isn't Robin and they would rather promote the actual current Robin characters if they are going to write Robin stories, but I still think there is a lot they could do with the Dick and Bruce era of stories in a modern setting. Plus this is a fairly good creative team on it. So I hope it turns out good.

Also as someone that really disliked the New 52 Robin costume for Dick this is a very good modernization of the classic Robin costume. It is basically exactly what I've been saying they should do with it. All you do is change the pants and give him some appropriate boots, but the classic elements of the costume remain. The red vest, the cape, and the gloves. All taken from the original costume. It is very simple changes without trying to make it overly busy and "modern" like the New 52 one.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So with this not being Black Label... this is supposed to be new official version of Dick's origin?

As for costume looking a bit like Damian's, maybe thats intentional to kinda bridge first and current Robin?
    I wanna say it doesn't have Infinite Frontier label but Batman Urban Legends also doesn't but that one's canon, while Seeley's Robins also doesn't have the label and that's set in an unclear time of present continuity with Damian being available to go to a Robins meeting in Dick's new Bludhaven apartment.

I'll wait

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Nguyen? Count me in. And Lemire seems like an interesting choice. I'll definitely check it out.

It seems like a Black Label book without the label, so I don't mind Dick having pants. The description of Dick handling the situation on his own gives me hope for this title.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

Yea, back in January Lemire said he was working on two DC projects, both Black Label - very likely this was one of them given the format. Curious why they decided to drop the Black Label part.

Oh. Yeah. That reminds me. The official origin, shown in Taylor's Nightwing, since he's in charge of the character, shows Dick in flashback wearing the scaly panties. So this would be a non canon Whiteout Black Label lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Lemire wrote... New 52 Animal Man. So he's good at family dynamic. Story can be dark and fantastical but with humor.

That's my impression.
    My main issue with Lemire's work is regarding his voice for the characters. They tend to sound the same sometimes. But he works some very enjoyable stories. I liked his Moon Knight, for example. His Hawkeye, though, not much. I can recommend his owned works too.

Dustin art is a gift to this world*. Daaamn. So, pretty. I wish I could paint and draw like that.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-12-2021 at 01:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh. Yeah. That reminds me. The official origin, shown in Taylor's Nightwing, since he's in charge of the character, shows Dick in flashback wearing the scaly panties. So this would be a non canon Whiteout Black Label lol.
    That. Or we are starting with the retcons due to lack of communication between editors.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-11-2021 at 05:01 PM.

I guess at least this means Tim can keep the green pants all to himself .

Actually, I wonder about Jason's Robin suit now...

Don't they mostly still use Jason's New 52 Robin costume for him?