Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Default Are certain writers too misinformed about WW when they make power ranks?

Like when they compare her to Supergirl and Powergirl. And assume they are stronger. When A) Diana has better feats than them. B)has been called the strongest woman in DC multiple times. C) has been cmpared to Superman too.

Like how come those writers are not aware of things like this?

a WW without using her God Mode beat SG in SG 2011 #17.

WW beats an amped SG during Robinson run in WW Rebirth.

Circe and Zatana calling WW the strongest woman on earth.

WW strongest girl.jpg

WW strongest girl 2.jpg

WW strongest girl 3.jpg
    Also here is Gail Simone, in one of her many twitter posts, responding to somebody's question. Confirming yet again that WW is 100% capable of taking Down Powergirl. And that PG only seemed to have an advantage at first in their fight, because Diana didn't want to fight.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...01211001589762

Here Gail Simone also confirmed Diana was holding back against Green Lantern during his run. Saying that Diana would have won otherwise, and that she beats a Green Lantern 8 out of 10.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...12506938368000

Then we should talk about things like WW beating DC Hercules multiple times. Same Hercules that has proven to be capable of overpowering Supergirl for example. Diana also beat Marvel Hercules in the JL/Avengers Crossover that is canon. And the writer confirmed Hercules was at full power during that event. Later in that Crossover, he was still unable to put her down with the help of other 3 characters attacking her at the same time. She also beats Wonder Man in a test of strength every year when they compete, as stated in that crossover.

She also beat the unstoppable Juggernaut in the canon Crossover Unlimited Access #1.

WW also fought Darkseid one on one. Gave him a run for his money, damaged him and even broke one of his fingers during Robinson Run. So Powergirl putting up a fight against DS one on one is yet another thing Diana has done by herself too.

Oh, And we can Talk about Diana putting down Stranger. Or Diana moving the sun during Black and Gold. Saying she has done it before. And yes Black and Gold is canon.

And it's funny that one of the rankings have Damage so high on the list and the fight with WW was used. Because she didn't lose that fight. And she said after fighting him, thatr she never fought anybody else as strong. Which meeans that Damage should have been ranked Higher than Superman too. Since WW has already fought SM, Darkseid and Doomsday. And according to her experience with Damage, no other fought she ever fought was as strong. Yet that was not taken into consideration when making that list? Don't you love it when certain writers don't try to high their bias?

So how come certain writers automatically assume that WW is below certain characters. When she has done just as good, even better feats and even beat them in one on one battles already? Do some profesional writers have such a lack of information?

Yes, I think you are right, mystical41!

The writers (and even some fans on here) think Diana is weaker than she is and only has superior fighting skills. I think it may be because of bias--they like the other characters better (for some unknown reason) and put down WW.

Even on other sites, some will compare Wonderr Woman to Thing level strength, when Diana clearly beat Marvel Hercules. And you are correct that Diana has beaten Simon (Wonder Man) Williams every year when they arm-wrestle.

Also, didn't Diana take down both Faora and Zod?

To me, Diana is the strongest Woman in DC and Marvel. She truly is Super-Heroine #1!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 06-22-2022 at 06:57 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I just commented in another thread about DC or Marvel needing to create character or title bibles to maintain character history, skills, history and attributes. I have no idea if they do this or not and get that it would be challenging for a multiverse’s worth of characters and stories… but I still think it would be a great and supportive help to changing creative teams.

It’s a lot of thought about as I’m working on my own Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee for my own fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I just commented in another thread about DC or Marvel needing to create character or title bibles to maintain character history, skills, history and attributes. I have no idea if they do this or not and get that it would be challenging for a multiverse’s worth of characters and stories… but I still think it would be a great and supportive help to changing creative teams.

It’s a lot of thought about as I’m working on my own Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee for my own fun.
    The Bible idea is a great idea.

Oh, and don't forget, I already sent in my money for a copy of your WW Bible when it is finished!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

Why does die hard superfan director like patty have dceu ww doing barely Spiderman level sh*t?

Can dceu ww even stop a train like tobey?
    This is beyond just comic writers its dceu dcau etc
    Last edited by Mysterious; 06-25-2022 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Why does die hard superfan director like patty have dceu ww doing barely Spiderman level sh*t?

Can dceu ww even stop a train like tobey?
    This is beyond just comic writers its dceu dcau etc
    I don't know. But this issue didn't start with the dceu. Since new 52 they have beeen nerfing WW.

Fantastic Member

Which versions of Wonder Woman would you say are far stronger than Pre-Crisis Superman?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    Which versions of Wonder Woman would you say are far stronger than Pre-Crisis Superman?
    I think George Perez Wonder Woman was the strongest. Demeter blessed Diana with the strength of planet Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    I don't know, but Pre Crisis Superman is not even the topic being discussed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    I think George Perez Wonder Woman was the strongest. Demeter blessed Diana with the strength of planet Earth.
    But she never showed that strength. Pre Crisis WW however did toss planets around with her strength.

Yea look at how easily she been taken down at times. Not only that but many writers are inconsistency on what can and can't harm her. I mean for example, we have Diana not being harmed by bullets then also being harmed by bullets. We seen her be able to take on magical attacks fine. It's just where should we put her in strongest when writers can never give her a great feat. We seen her struggle to pick up a boat.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea look at how easily she been taken down at times. Not only that but many writers are inconsistency on what can and can't harm her. I mean for example, we have Diana not being harmed by bullets then also being harmed by bullets. We seen her be able to take on magical attacks fine. It's just where should we put her in strongest when writers can never give her a great feat. We seen her struggle to pick up a boat.
    That is Wonder Woman in a nutshell and that is why I want consistency with her powers throughout all the appearances she has. If she has Spidey level strength, then say it and then they can lose a customer when it comes to Wonder Woman. I want good stories that respect her power, if I can't have both, then why should I bother to support her at all?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Like when they compare her to Supergirl and Powergirl. And assume they are stronger. When A) Diana has better feats than them. B)has been called the strongest woman in DC multiple times. C) has been cmpared to Superman too.

Like how come those writers are not aware of things like this?

a WW without using her God Mode beat SG in SG 2011 #17.

WW beats an amped SG during Robinson run in WW Rebirth.

Circe and Zatana calling WW the strongest woman on earth.

WW strongest girl.jpg

WW strongest girl 2.jpg

WW strongest girl 3.jpg
    Also here is Gail Simone, in one of her many twitter posts, responding to somebody's question. Confirming yet again that WW is 100% capable of taking Down Powergirl. And that PG only seemed to have an advantage at first in their fight, because Diana didn't want to fight.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...01211001589762

Here Gail Simone also confirmed Diana was holding back against Green Lantern during his run. Saying that Diana would have won otherwise, and that she beats a Green Lantern 8 out of 10.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...12506938368000

Then we should talk about things like WW beating DC Hercules multiple times. Same Hercules that has proven to be capable of overpowering Supergirl for example. Diana also beat Marvel Hercules in the JL/Avengers Crossover that is canon. And the writer confirmed Hercules was at full power during that event. Later in that Crossover, he was still unable to put her down with the help of other 3 characters attacking her at the same time. She also beats Wonder Man in a test of strength every year when they compete, as stated in that crossover.

She also beat the unstoppable Juggernaut in the canon Crossover Unlimited Access #1.

WW also fought Darkseid one on one. Gave him a run for his money, damaged him and even broke one of his fingers during Robinson Run. So Powergirl putting up a fight against DS one on one is yet another thing Diana has done by herself too.

Oh, And we can Talk about Diana putting down Stranger. Or Diana moving the sun during Black and Gold. Saying she has done it before. And yes Black and Gold is canon.

And it's funny that one of the rankings have Damage so high on the list and the fight with WW was used. Because she didn't lose that fight. And she said after fighting him, thatr she never fought anybody else as strong. Which meeans that Damage should have been ranked Higher than Superman too. Since WW has already fought SM, Darkseid and Doomsday. And according to her experience with Damage, no other fought she ever fought was as strong. Yet that was not taken into consideration when making that list? Don't you love it when certain writers don't try to high their bias?

So how come certain writers automatically assume that WW is below certain characters. When she has done just as good, even better feats and even beat them in one on one battles already? Do some profesional writers have such a lack of information?
    With the internet board posting crowd I have learned not to take them too seriously as not only ARE they largely misinformed they WANT to to be that way. It is the land of moving goalposts if you engage thrm on their "methods" for the ranking.

At the end of the day I just use it as unintentional comedy or entertainment

This was settled, back in the John Byrne run on WW and the Morrison run on JLA. It was settled, by editorial mandate. "Wonder Woman second in power only to Superman." Any rankings list, that doesn't acknowledge that is trash, to be ignored and publicly derided and dismissed.

I think we just have to accept that some casual readers, who think themselves experts, subscribe to the "Kryptonians and anyone, who reminds of us Superman, are second in power to NONE." It's so lazy, as we see it, but, we're outnumbered and out-penned in a world, where anybody can get on social media and type any silly thing, they want - then, label it "Official".

"Kryptonians and Captain Marvel are superior to EVERYONE, especially Wonder Woman." That's what they think they know, and stories written by writers, typically male ones, who just HATE Wonder Woman - they totally do - continue to undermine that editorial mandate, ..if there is such a thing, anymore.

Today's comic editors don't really mandate very much, as in the Stan Lee days. They invite freelance, celebrity writers/artists to do a run, sometimes, after being called or approached by the writer or his representative (agent, mgr, etc). The writer is asked what he or she would like to do, and the writer pitches something. Typically, outside of the WW comic, if the pitch involves Cheshire bidj-slapping Wonder Woman, alternately the daughter of Zeus or the avatar of a Gaia (the Earth), ..the modern editors are fine with it, and I think some of them might even welcome it...

Because there clearly are people in the comic industry, who straight-up HATE Wonder Woman, the way some Americans straight-up hated Secretary Hillary Clinton, in 2016. Too often, we Wonderfans don't account for the unquantifiable, irrational hatred of female authority in our nation and in popular literature, ..in fans and creators, alike. It makes NO sense, and all we can do is trash it, every time we see it.

Look alive, Kangaliers!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-15-2022 at 03:33 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Overall? Absolutely. Nonetheless, power rankings can vary from creator to creator, editor to editor, and certainly fan to fan. I generally subscribe to Byrne's take, but if someone said Supergirl was stronger I wouldn't necessarily say that's factually wrong. IMO Wonder Woman beats Supergirl in a fight at least 8/10.