Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Wonder Woman: Evolution #7 Preview
    Writer: Stephanie Phillips
    Artist: Stefano Raffaele

Last edited by Sebastianne; 05-13-2022 at 02:18 PM.

I really love that cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Wonder Woman: Evolution #7 Preview
    Artist: Stefano Raffaele

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I really love that cover!
    Yes, and it reminds me of an old-time WW cover with mirrors/glass (but not that WW was punching it)...
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The truth is that I have quite enjoyed this issue, and with the series about to end and hoping for a good final resolution, I think it has been quite good.
    The only negative point that it suffers from issue 1 and they could never change is the feeling that everything could go faster and that it could be counted in fewer numbers. I guess a reading from the trade would change that perspective for the better.

I have also noticed that they have changed the artist for the last two issues, which causes a month delay for the last issue of this series. I looked on Twitter and it is really sad the attack that Hawthorne received for the direction he took around how to represent Diana, I don't know if that was the reason for his departure from the mini, but somehow it seems unfair to me.

I think that Hawthorne is still listed for #8? So maybe he just couldn't keep up with monthly schedule.

Either way this series to me is now 50/50 and last issue will either deliver it or not.

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Woman: Evolution #8 Preview
    Artist: Mike Hawthorne

I don't understand what was the point of this mini? Story is not fully resolved and it looks like there should be a sequel, but I haven't seen anything announced and I'm not interested after this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't understand what was the point of this mini? Story is not fully resolved and it looks like there should be a sequel, but I haven't seen anything announced and I'm not interested after this issue.
    Seriously, I didn’t finish it but it was terrible and aimless through the halfway point. Every issue ended with some random cliffhanger that led nowhere, the characterization of Diana was comically bad, and unless things really picked up I don’t think there’s even anything to wrap up because nothing really happened. I also haven’t heard anyone talking about it so idk who’s been reading it or how it didn’t get canceled midway through.

It’s a shame because I’d love to see more out-of-continuity minis and this is just…not it. Hopefully the success of Dead Earth and Historia is enough to show DC that quality is the issue, not the character.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Seriously, I didn’t finish it but it was terrible and aimless through the halfway point. Every issue ended with some random cliffhanger that led nowhere, the characterization of Diana was comically bad, and unless things really picked up I don’t think there’s even anything to wrap up because nothing really happened. I also haven’t heard anyone talking about it so idk who’s been reading it or how it didn’t get canceled midway through.

It’s a shame because I’d love to see more out-of-continuity minis and this is just…not it. Hopefully the success of Dead Earth and Historia is enough to show DC that quality is the issue, not the character.
    This was supposed to be out of continuity?

Astonishing Member

Series was random plot twist after another, only to end on a cliffhanger. I didn't expect much and I was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This was supposed to be out of continuity?
    Yeah, there was an interview thing and it was explained that it would not be in continuity with any of the other Wonder books

I've enjoyed this miniseries but sadly the ending felt like a non-ending, which could have been a redemption story for Vanessa and given us an ending with fireworks and some villain presenting a challenge to Diana came to nothing and as if the story continues.
    That's all, a missed opportunity, with a slow development (which I liked beyond the pace) but that finally ended up being diluted.

so this is out of contuity for sure right?

of its in contuity then what does those nanites bring to Diana, like powers?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Well as I understand those nanites were supposed to basically turn everyone into a version of WW? So who knows what they are supposed to do to real WW.