Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Wonder Woman: Evolution Announced

This November, Wonder Woman will step up and act as Earth's representative in a cosmic trial to decide the fate of humanity. In the upcoming limited series Wonder Woman: Evolution, writer Stephanie Phillips (Harley Quinn) and artist Mike Hawthorne (Deadpool) will tell a story that is a juxtaposition of grand sci-fi and Diana's core humanity.
    Wonder Woman: Evolutions begins with Diana whisked away by a mysterious god-like group of cosmic entities who act as arbiters of this particular DC Universe.

"Their job is to keep all the various planets and species in check – when one gets a little too far out of line and poses a threat, they intervene," Phillips tells Newsarama. "At the moment, they see humanity as posing a potential threat not just to Earth itself, but to the cosmos. The story will explore how they serve to make their decision about humanity and why Diana is the chosen proxy."

Wonder Woman (and humanity) will be judged through a series of challenges that tax her both physically and mentally, along with a final trial.
    Last edited by Hypo; 08-12-2021 at 07:32 AM.

Now the only question is, is this set in its own ever green world or is it part of the main universe?

But I do like Stephanie Phillips so this should be enjoyable.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

A cosmic adventure with Diana? Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Now the only question is, is this set in its own ever green world or is it part of the main universe?

But I do like Stephanie Phillips so this should be enjoyable.
    Sounds like it's set in its own world: "who act as arbiters of this particular DC Universe."

Interesting. I wasn't a fan of Phillips' Sensational WW story but I'll give it a shot.

Not really digging the art on these covers but hopefully that variant means Silver Swan and some other Wonder rogues.

The title is giving me bad Dragonball flashbacks...but I have no complaints about more Diana stories. Hopefully it's good .

I think it might be an Elseworlds but the fact that current Diana is dealing with Gods and a cosmic scale makes me wonder...

Its unfortunate that the preview pages for this are ones focused on a battle. Hopefully these cosmic challenges are a bit more imaginative than just combat situations. With 8 issues in the run, there's lots of opportunity for wacky sci-fi hijinks!

Incredible Member

More Wonder content, yay! I like Phillips and Hawthorne. Though I imagine this is gonna be a grittier book based off the premise and their choice of Hawthorne. Guess his Marvel exclusive is up.

My interest is peaked!!!
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I’ll check out the first issue. Nothing I’ve read from Phillips has blown me away, but mainly being the writer of Harley Quinn doesn’t offer many chances to show me what you can do . A Cosmic WW story sounds interesting at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

From what little details we have, it seems like this could be adapted into an animated movie.

With Silver Swan involved, I’m kinda hopping Diana’s villains are the ones being used as a counter-argument by whoever is judging humanity and Diana. I feel like that would make this more interesting and personal.

(But I’m also not gonna get my hopes high on that regard)
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Nice! The premise remember me the two chapter of the TV series "Judgment from outer space".

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Nice! The premise remember me the two chapter of the TV series "Judgment from outer space".
    Kind of reminds me of the Adjudicator story.

Incredible Member

I find this part of the piece interesting:

Before becoming a comic book writer, Phillips was a competitive Muay Thai fighter and - you guessed it - used Wonder Woman as inspiration - from custom attire to re-reading and re-watching Wonder Woman stories to get in the right mindset.
    I wonder if Phillips's martial arts experience will visibly influence Diana's fighting style in the comic, like maybe identifying specific Thai boxing moves for Hawthorne to draw?

Looking forward to this.