Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
That's the vibe I've gotten as well, but frankly that's been what nearly every writer has said coming onto Diana's book and I've given worse writers a shot for less money. I'm giving this one a try, but we'll see.

I don't get what's so alienating about Wonder Woman that isn't about Harley Quinn, Superman or the like. They're deep, but not complex, and the only way I can ostensibly see someone saying they don't see humanity in Diana is if they never bother to really read her own book since every writer seems to complain the same thing and make their run about humanizing her.

How can this keep happening and nobody succeed? spoilers:
Because they're trying to insert something into a space that's already filled.
end of spoilers

But it's possible this will be a cool sci-fi story anyway and that's what I'm hoping for.
Those writers should stop for a minute and think that maybe, just maybe. Diana doesn't need them to ''humanize'' her. Being ''relatable'' is all subjective after all. And they should think that if they don't get her. Then it's their problem not the character. She has been an icon for 80 years. And she has had enough solo success to prove she can resonate with audiences. As long as ah we guessed it. As long as the writing is good. It is no surprise that the most successful WW projects(Perez, Ruka, Lynda Carter, WW 2017 etc) are all projects where writers cared more to build stories with what Diana's lore already had, rather than trying to reinvent the wheel. So if these writers have issues with her. They should take a look at their writinbg instead of blaming the character.