Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

That really doesn't sound like Wonder Woman. More like Furiosa.

Yeah, not a fan of Diana smoking or being "bad-cop".
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Yyyyyyeah...my enthusiasm for this comic has dropped quite a bit. As fun as the premise seems, the interviews and tweets makes it sound like we're in for a "grumpy Diana needs to learn how to be human" take on the character.

Which is....

Hope I'm wrong or they surprise us.

To be fair, he's just the artist, but he must have the script already, so he would know how Diana is written in the book. And if the Diana being annoyed at boy scouts is a glimpse at her personality, can't say I'm excited.

Diana is at her best when she's enthusiastic and beautifully goofy. Someone who was always told she was the most special girl in the world but still looks for new ways to challenge herself and spreads this self love and enthusiasm to others.

Not the evangelical version written by Perez, not the unamused bossbitch that this book seems to be, and not the reckless barbarian written by Geoff Johns.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-13-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Yyyyyyeah...my enthusiasm for this comic has dropped quite a bit. As fun as the premise seems, the interviews and tweets makes it sound like we're in for a "grumpy Diana needs to learn how to be human" take on the character.

Which is....

Hope I'm wrong or they surprise us.
    Why I had red flags go off when Superman art was shared. He and Bats are the two characters who writers love to use for this plot point.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-13-2021 at 04:08 PM.

The fact is Wonder Woman and Superman just don't complement one another. They're not the same, but they're so similar they have absolutely zero chemistry with each other.
    And that's why we get crap like this where writers try to force contrast between the two, which only misrepresents one or both of them--usually "angry warrior" Diana and/or "country bumpkin" Clark.

They're not chocolate and peanut butter...they're chocolate and dark chocolate.

I personally couldn't disagree with you more, at least in my personal assessment of both those characters.

Superman is all about power and responsibility to me. That's why I encourage the status quo of him just blatantly being a public official as Superman. He's trying to push the system forward. He should be the Justice League representative in the United Nations.

Wonder Woman on the other hand should always be a radical figure with her own movement, creating an alternative society with the amazon ideals. This is the best way to show her actually changing the world.

And this is a very beneficial dynamic for the two of them as teammates. Superman is cautious and all about respecting our institutions, while Diana is eager and all about challenging the world and doing her own thing with her clique.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The art is good but everything about Diana looks like she is just angry and I hate the "tiara". It feels very gladiator to me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I personally couldn't disagree with you more, at least in my personal assessment of both those characters.

Superman is all about power and responsibility to me. That's why I encourage the status quo of him just blatantly being a public official as Superman. He's trying to push the system forward. He should be the Justice League representative in the United Nations.

Wonder Woman on the other hand should always be a radical figure with her own movement, creating an alternative society with the amazon ideals. This is the best way to show her actually changing the world.

And this is a very beneficial dynamic for the two of them as teammates. Superman is cautious and all about respecting our institutions, while Diana is eager and all about challenging the world and doing her own thing with her clique.
    That would require a big political aspect in their shared comics, and don't fits to anything we know about Evolution, and at the barebones they look relative similar:

Both are part of the trinity and premier Justice League members, strongest male and female superhero on the planet even if DC's whaky decisions often contradict that, nearly the same basic power-set, moralic figures who are often connected with the bright sides of DC, get often called gods and have kind of mytholigical themes even if in Superman's case just as metaphor, and so on. They are quite different if someone goes deeper, but many writers don't do that.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Doesn't sound very reassuring.
    Looks like they think of Superman as the funny one. And WW as the serious and ''tough'' one

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Why I had red flags go off when Superman art was shared. He and Bats are the two characters who writers love to use for this plot point.
    If a writer wants to shake things up in these types of stories. Write Diana as the fun one. And the one that teaches Batman and Superman about humanity and morality for a change. Let's see if somebody has the vision to make it happen. But it seems is just easier to do the usual, and say Diana is difficult to write. Well if she is so difficult, have these writers ever thought about saying no to writing her if they find her so difficult?

Extraordinary Member

Incredible Member

The more I read about this comic, the worse it seems to be