Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Hmmm...I've liked a decent amount of what Phillips has written do far so I'm hoping this isn't just going to be a Warrior Woman book but the art so far ain't promising in that regard.
Portion from this interview here she gave seems to suggest not all the trials will be physical ones. Though yeah, it all remains to be seen.

Newsarama: This has shades of classic Greek mythology, but also the various cosmic superhero trials. What are you aiming for here?

Phillips: Personally, I am aiming for an exploration of Wonder Woman via her relationships, specifically to the Justice League, the Amazons, and even to humanity as a whole. I really like this foil as a chance to ask questions about Diana’s priorities, her moral compass, and even her understanding of her own identity and sense of belonging.

I would also say there’s a bit of a Platonic dialogue happening in this book. As Diana is left to think about how she defines failure and success, as well as how she interacts with the many different worlds she’s a part of, she will have different 'guides' for these discussions. I think the people Diana converses with will, at points, be a little surprising to Diana (and readers!), and I’m really excited to see that unfold
Newsarama: What are this challenges that Diana is up against?

Phillips: This is tough to answer without giving too much away, but I will say that the trials are not what Diana expects. She is ready with a sword to face oncoming alien enemies, but there is a lot more to this challenge than Diana was anticipating, and the struggles will take a pretty drastic psychological toll on our hero.