Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Weirdly, I think Simone has said in the past that Diana is tough to write for. But unlike most who say that, despite some other misfires in her run, Diana's characterization was for the most part on point.

I think it helps that even if Simone says Diana is challenging, she doesn't say it a way to blame the character because she clearly loves her.

Yeah, a story where Diana gets all these shocking revelations about her life and family but refuses to let it change her and instead she brings about positive change for others is actually a really dead on take on her.

The fact that he somehow managed it while missing the point of the Amazons as a whole and causing damage to them as characters and a society is really mystifying
    I can believe that she's difficult to write for when you consider she's always borrowed an editor from Superman or the Justice League. If you're struggling with someone who doesn't even like her as your boss (which isn't necessarily true, but given how WW was an assigned book most of the time, I imagine did happen), I can see everything becoming a challenge.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Are we going to have SM lecturing WW about morality again? Or teaching her about humanity and kindness? Let's hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I can believe that she's difficult to write for when you consider she's always borrowed an editor from Superman or the Justice League. If you're struggling with someone who doesn't even like her as your boss (which isn't necessarily true, but given how WW was an assigned book most of the time, I imagine did happen), I can see everything becoming a challenge.
    What are the chances of this ever changing for the better?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Are we going to have SM lecturing WW about morality again? Or teaching her about humanity and kindness? Let's hope not.
    Well some of Phillips interviews have me on hold but I don’t imagine Supes will be in this beyond the first issue (unless idk, flashbacks).

Mighty Member

Oh god, this could be bad.

Collectively people see Superman (or Batman) in a Wonder Woman book and know doom is coming. This is what DC has done. I honestly don't enjoy most of the stories including Trinity members because based on bias, writers always try to have Clark or Bruce one-up each other and Diana basically gets one-upped by both.

Diana always takes a moral or physical L whenever she shares the page with Superman or Batman. Physically they whoop her or need to step in to save her. Morally, her title as an ambassador of peace quickly gets forgotten with Bats and Sups in the picture and she becomes bloodthirsty warrior woman. Since when did an ambassador of peace, someone who has love as one of their main themes need Batman or Superman to remind them that "killing - baaaad, peace - gooood".

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Seeing Superman guest star in this should be cause for excitement, but DC has dropped the ball so much with his and Batman's interactions with her that now it's a sign of potential dread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Oh god, this could be bad.
    Specially because the writer of this suggested she thought of WW more as a symbol than a character. And seems to be looking for her ''human'' side. So i wouldn't be surprised if the ''unrelatable'' amazon Goddess needs the presence of Superman. Who ironically is usually portrayed almost as a Jesus Christ figure(and i guess that doesn't make him ''unrelatable'' in the eyes of many writers), to find 0her ''humanity'' and become ''relatable. Sigh, sigh, sigh.

Also people need to start asking. How much of WW's presence you see when it is batman or superman's anniversary? And how impactful it is if she has ever appeared in their anniversary material. That is another sing to tell us just how much DC cares about her compared to them. Trinity member is a nice fantasy, not a reality.

Also people need to start asking. How much of WW's presence you see when it is batman or superman's anniversary? And how impactful it is if she has ever appeared in their anniversary material. That is another sing to tell us just how much DC cares about her compared to them. Trinity member is a nice fantasy, not a reality.
    Well, there was the Batman ego stroking that went on in the Hal section of the GL anniversary title.

I'm sympathetic since it looks like Superman will be showing up in the King/Shaner story in the 80th anniversary issue but for all we know, Supes might not even be here beyond a few panels/pages. So maybe it's best to wait until the actual first issue is out.

Though yes, we could do with some WW stuff where Bats and Supes are listed under "Sir not appearing in this comic" like how she's a footnote in DKR and not present at all in All-Star. All the more reason to look forward to Historia, which also won't have Joker and Poochie so added bonus.

BANNED

WW was in Superman unchained, also Batman, GL, half JL appeared in the Superman comic. I understand that you would complain if it was Batman, but with Superman, average JL especially Batman and WW appear constantly in the Superman comics.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    WW was in Superman unchained, also Batman, GL, half JL appeared in the Superman comic. I understand that you would complain if it was Batman, but with Superman, average JL especially Batman and WW appear constantly in the Superman comics.
    She doesn't appear that much and when she does, her presence doesn't take away the focus from Superman or Batman. Usually is not the same case when they appear in her material.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She doesn't appear that much and when she does, her presence doesn't take away the focus from Superman or Batman. Usually is not the same case when they appear in her material.
    I'd say the focus is still firmly on her in the Jimenez run, Hikiteia and at least the Rucka written portions of Sacrifice (even the though the rest of it sucked and his plans for the three of them were hijacked).

Problems usually arise for her in stuff that isn't focused on one particular franchise and she interacts with them, like Injustice, DCceased and parts of the the DCEU.

BANNED

It is not known what the role of Superman will be, also WW has much more presence in Superman comics than Superman in WW. If in this case there is a character who gets where they are not called, it is WW, because as I said, his presence in the Superman comics is much greater. but I understand that it may annoy, if you buy a comic of a character, you hope that the star of the comic is that character.