Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    It is not known what the role of Superman will be, also WW has much more presence in Superman comics than Superman in WW. If in this case there is a character who gets where they are not called, it is WW, because as I said, his presence in the Superman comics is much greater.but I understand that it may annoy, if you buy a comic of a character, you hope that the star of the comic is that character.
    Is this a joke, when had Wonder Woman an especially big presence in Superman comics, let alone stole him the spotlight or make him look bad?
    Even in a League of One, a story where Wonder Woman was literally going all Batman on the Justice League still had to include a pointless and downright disrespectful scene like this:

And that's just the tip of the iceberg of why the announcement that Superman will appear in Wonder Woman: Evolution does not sound like a good thing, the only reason why that might be not as bad as in the past is that DC has seemingly changed to a degree, and there is always the chance to get lucky of course.

Eh, she pretty much outthinks Supes in League of One by forcing him to pick between fighting Drakul or saving the League. Not to mention the sucker kick she got in first, so that's a fair trade off imo.

This trope grinds my gears at Superman and Batman's presence than power levels.

Last edited by Gaius; 09-05-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Eh, she pretty much outthinks Supes in League of One by forcing him to pick between fighting Drakul or saving the League. Not to mention the sucker kick she got in first, so that's a fair trade off imo.

This trope grinds my gears at Superman and Batman's presence than power levels.

They are all bad for different reasons. League Of One is bad, because it was a WW story where they have to have WW say she can't beat SM. Isn't she supposed to be on his level? It did not look like that in that fight.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 09-05-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    They are all bad for different reasons. League Of One is bad, because it was a WW story where they have to have WW say she can't beat SM. Isn't she supposed to be on his level? It did not look like that in that fight.
    She outfights and outthinks the entire League in that story. There was also Drakul to deal with, there was no time for a knock down, drag out brawl with Superman.

She outfights and outthinks the entire League in that story. There was also Drakul to deal with, there was no time for a knock down, drag out brawl with Superman.
    But there was time to let the world know WW can't match Superman yet again. And the whole plot was not that good anbd did not make Diana look very smart. She came to conclusions too fast. It was very simplistic.

I also think League of One is a good Wonder Woman story. She does come to conclusions fast, but ut shows how much she cares to sacrifice herself.

Given it’s a fighting tournament with Diana representing Earth for aliens, he’ll either just be a cameo or show up, get wrecked, and she’ll take over as representative. Don’t mind either way, it’s her story not his. Long as she doesn’t use his spine as a weapon I’m a-ok with whatever Steph uses him for
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

How is that a fair trade off, especially letting Wonder Woman announce that she couldn't actually beat Superman in combat, which isn't even just saying that he is physically stronger, but that she is so crazy far beneath Superman that even by catching him off-guard, after having time to plan for that fight, and with the chance to use all her on many occasions shown to be quite effective equpment and technically even others equipment against him, using her skill, taking speed and reflexes into accound, and so on she somhow still couldn't beat him in combat? And that is not even going into how out of character and silly that statement in itself is, why would she even mention that at this point, it just makes anyone else look bad for no reason because she did not told anyone else of the Justice League anything like that and it makes herself look bad for obvious reasons.

And it was just 1 of many examples, because there is no shortage in terrible writing, just to let Superman outshine Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 09-06-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    How is that a fair trade off, especially letting Wonder Woman announce that she couldn't actually beat Superman in combat, which isn't even just saying that he is physically stronger, but that she is so crazy far beneath Superman that even by catching him off-guard, after having time to plan for that fight, and with the chance to use all her equipment against him on many occosions shown to be quite effective equpment and technically even others equipment, using her skill, taking speed and reflexes into accound, and so on she somhow still couldn't beat him in combat? And that is not even going into how out of character and silly that statement in itself is, why would she even mention that at this point, it just makes anyone else look bad for no reason because she did not told anyone else of the Justice League anything like that and it makes herself look bad for obvious reasons.

And it was just 1 of many examples, because there is no shortage in terrible writing, just to let Superman outshine Wonder Woman.
    As far as moments of Superman beating Diana go, League of One is one of the more tolerable ones if only because that isn't her main role in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    How is that a fair trade off, especially letting Wonder Woman announce that she couldn't actually beat Superman in combat, which isn't even just saying that he is physically stronger, but that she is so crazy far beneath Superman that even by catching him off-guard, after having time to plan for that fight, and with the chance to use all her equipment against him on many occosions shown to be quite effective equpment and technically even others equipment, using her skill, taking speed and reflexes into accound, and so on she somhow still couldn't beat him in combat? And that is not even going into how out of character and silly that statement in itself is, why would she even mention that at this point, it just makes anyone else look bad for no reason because she did not told anyone else of the Justice League anything like that and it makes herself look bad for obvious reasons.

Because the book gave them both a moment to sock one another so even with that line it comes off as even to me. It's more in-character and impressive to me that she out-smarted him there than if she could kick his ass.

And no, Superman does not outshine in her in that book.

She also fought and killed a dragon that would have destroyed the entire League, by herself….
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Personlly I always read that line as "I can't beat you because we're evenly matched", not "I can't beat you because you're stronger".

Because the book gave them both a moment to sock one another so even with that line it comes off as even to me. It's more in-character and impressive to me that she out-smarted him there than if she could kick his ass.

And no, Superman does not outshine in her in that book.
    I don't think they had a moment to shock one another. She was totally and easily overpowered by him. And the book made sure to have the time to point it out and have her say iut herself. In that sense superman did outshine her. She said it herself, she can't beat him and he could rescue the others way too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I don't think they had a moment to shock one another. She was totally and easily overpowered by him. And the book made sure to have the time to point it out and have her say iut herself. In that sense superman did outshine her. She said it herself, she can't beat him and he could rescue the others way too fast.

This is the only return offense Superman gets at all.