Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

This read like Dark Ages. I know its the same writer. But that make it even worse
    The Supergirl that was in the comic reminded me of Galatea from Justice Leauge unlimited. Dont know this Amazon combine.
    So far the characterization of everyone that is not fan favorite or the trinity has been depowered or lessen. Because all the characters in issue 2 could not be inprison. I see now reason why the Kingdom of Storm is so feared from this issue. When they have no defenses to these so called aliens. I guess Isabella was whispering in Taylor ears concerning the Jeffersons family. All these children and no mothers or explanation. So I am going to leave my issue on the greyhound and get off the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No it’s because she’s Kal’s sister not his cousin, she’s Jor and Lara’s kid not Zor and Alura’s (least that’s my guess and what it looks like)
    I meant he was referred to as her father by Lois. Doesn't necessarily rule out this Kara being Zor El's daughter that was just adopted when she arrived. Hell, given what we've seen of this version of Jor El, I don't know that we can even rule out her being his and Alura's kid who arrived later. That is very Game of Thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    From what I see in the comments, this will be another story of evil Kryptonians getting beat up by Batman, this writer is supposed to be a Superman fan, thank goodness he's a fan, why else? with fans like this who need villains.
    Well, Batman here is half kryptonian himself, and there's not indication yet that he'd side with anyone except his family so far. Especially considering his family (including his mother and both fathers) have now been killed by "magic" users. Batman and Clark have displayed pretty consistent no killing and good instincts. The worst we've seen of Clark is him being testy about Bruce getting involved in the decision making. And he doesn't yet know Bruce is his half-brother.
    Last edited by Yoda; 12-07-2021 at 05:41 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

As if no kill rule amounts to anything these guys have imprisoned people for no reason and without even giving proper treatment.Geeh!my hero doesn't kill! isn't he precious.He does however cut a guys arm off.Green arrow and the lightning family are right to be afraid of these guys.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    As if no kill rule amounts to anything these guys have imprisoned people for no reason and without even giving proper treatment.Geeh!my hero doesn't kill! isn't he precious.He does however cut a guys arm off.Green arrow and the lightning family are right to be afraid of these guys.
    but thats not why Jefferson did it,

he would have been better off breaking bread and proving meta's were not dangerous, but he started a war instead

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    but thats not why Jefferson did it,

he would have been better off breaking bread and proving meta's were not dangerous, but he started a war instead
    As if fears of these els would just go away cause someone "proves" it.i don't think that's how it works.There wasn't any evidence to begin with that metas where dangerous.Not even an ancedotal event,let alone a statistic.Yet,these guys still went ahead and imprisoned them.I mean,that's a totalitarian step.these guys took it like nothing.Why?cause jor el and bruce el were scared.No amount of proving it would prove it for the els.The magic guys are right to go to war.It's better to die on your feet than live in chains.Also,for all the "talks" of clark about freeing the metas..He basically did nothing while they did the whole thing.Clark is all talk and no action.Not the best character.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-07-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Didn’t metas kill the Waynes? Also the “Green Man” attempted to attack the Els before and failed, and we don’t know how long Jefferson has been trying to kill them, doubt this was the first attempt. There’s reason to be afraid on the Els part. Els are still dicks though for the way they’re locking everyone up, Kal even said as much, but we’ll see if he still believes that after his father was killed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

He did it! Tom Taylor finally included Diana in a book and she wasn't the worst one in it.

This was a huge step down from the first issue for me, and reminds of the indulgences I don't like in a lot of Taylor's non-canon material.

Did we really need Harley making a joke while they interrogate the man who murdered their father who they're keeping in their gulag? Really not the time for a stupid joke about juggling.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Didn’t metas kill the Waynes? Also the “Green Man” attempted to attack the Els before and failed, and we don’t know how long Jefferson has been trying to kill them, doubt this was the first attempt. There’s reason to be afraid on the Els part. Els are still dicks though for the way they’re locking everyone up, Kal even said as much, but we’ll see if he still believes that after his father was killed.
    There is no clear time line on that.Bruce's parents death hasn't been fleshed out.it could have been a retaliation or an accident.The green man's motive hasn't been revealed.It could very well be hal or jon or guy deciding these guys have overstepped.

What i was getting at is that the so called redeeming quality of no kill rule didn't work for me at all.Firmly on the meta human side for now.

DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL #5
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art and cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    Cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    1:25 variant cover by EJIKURE
    $3.99 US | 32 pages |5of 12 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/1/22

Betrayals and assassinations have brought the world to the brink of war! As the Kingdom of Storms andThemysciraprepare for invasion, the Elfamily is reunited at last to mourn their father...but what secrets does Bruce Wayne have that could prove vital to the future of the land?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not surprised Taylors throwing in an IvyxHarley romance, judging by that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not surprised Taylors throwing in an IvyxHarley romance, judging by that cover.
    I think it’s his favorite romance lol

I think it’s his favorite romance lol
    Why does that not surprise me ?

I just realized it but...

spoilers:
    The Green Man is obviously Luthor, isn't he? It would explain why he'd hate the El, and since his ring seems to be able to speak, perhaps he can uses it to convince someone of a prophecy - looking at you Constantine !
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just realized it but...

spoilers:
    The Green Man is obviously Luthor, isn't he? It would explain why he'd hate the El, and since his ring seems to be able to speak, perhaps he can uses it to convince someone of a prophecy - looking at you Constantine !
    end of spoilers
    Wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case, seen some speculation that the Green Man is a take on Kryptonite Man rather than being a GL however.