Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Dark Knights of Steel Maxi Series - By Tom Taylor and Yasmine Putri

Tom Taylor and Yasmin Putri are launching a new 12 issue Elseworld maxi-series that he describes as Game of Thrones/Lord of the Rings/Critical Role. Looks like it will feature "new origins" for Superman and Batman along with Black Lightening and Harley Quinn featured. Fantasy/RPG styled take on the DCU apparently featuring a younger Clark. The EW story is very Batman heavy, but that's probably just marketing. The art shows off a lot of Clark.

https://ew.com/books/batman-new-fant...ghts-of-steel/

I'll buy anything Yasmin Putri draws. Her Supergirl story was gorgeous (also with Taylor) and the interior pages look incredible. And this looks like it's going to be interesting at least.

Last edited by Yoda; 08-12-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Incredible Member

EW's Batman hype is countered by Taylor's Superman hype.

I'm... not the biggest fan of including the Christ imagery in the very cover (this time with Jor-El and Lara framed against colored glass from catholic churches, complete with divine halo around their heads), but the later art for Clark and specially Bruce solo looks really cool. Speaking of which, weird to have stamina be Clark's lowest stat in that chart.

I'm already not the biggest fan of the dynamic set for Clark and Bruce in that unlettered preview.

Overall, looks cool, but I'm not the biggest fan of Taylor, and nothing in this preview makes it look like this book would change my mind.
    Last edited by Quinlan58; 08-12-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Art’s going to be amazing. I’ll admit I’m curious what the set up is here, will Clark be an alien still? Not that happy about Taylor writing Clark but nothing I can do except hope for the best I suppose.

With that title though, and Black Lightning in the picture, I really hope John Henry Irons/Steel shows up. He’d be utterly perfect for a book like this with his basic set up, and it’s killing me that DC isn’t doing anything with him despite his being in S&L.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Art’s going to be amazing. I’ll admit I’m curious what the set up is here, will Clark be an alien still? Not that happy about Taylor writing Clark but nothing I can do except hope for the best I suppose.

With that title though, and Black Lightning in the picture, I really hope John Henry Irons/Steel shows up. He’d be utterly perfect for a book like this with his basic set up, and it’s killing me that DC isn’t doing anything with him despite his being in S&L.
    The description mentions the spaceship landing from a doomed planet, so I assume Clark is still an alien (and that's Jor-El and Lara on the cover?).

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This is interesting..a fanasy with superman?i am in.But,the problem i am certainly no fan of white knights.the garb is gear towards a white knight or prince..So,i don't think i will be into this..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Anyone else remembering Superdemon of Earth-13 from this? You know where Etrigan is sent away from the doomed planet Camelot and becomes the Superman of his world.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Interesting. Will be checking this out!

It sounds fun. It reminded me of one of the Multiverse worlds where everyone is a mage or something...Earth 13?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The description mentions the spaceship landing from a doomed planet, so I assume Clark is still an alien (and that's Jor-El and Lara on the cover?).
    That’s definitely Jor and Lara, only question is in this take are they aliens or a “human” noble house? The spaceship could be Clark’s, but it could also be someone else.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s definitely Jor and Lara, only question is in this take are they aliens or a “human” noble house? The spaceship could be Clark’s, but it could also be someone else.
    I'd bet they all land on Earth and set up a kingdom. That'd play with Clark being a prince here and the S-Shield on his cloak in full display.

My initial impression is that this looks fun. So I'll give it a shot.

Incredible Member

What do you think of Clark's sheet?

Least his Intelligence is pretty high. If Flash is going to be in this I’m not sure why his speed is so high and his stamina is so low though, unless Flash will be higher in both.

Lol would haves his stamina and intelligence higher but cool nonetheless.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    What do you think of Clark's sheet?

It’s not just me who sees that Clark looks exactly like a Disney Prince, am I?