Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Least his Intelligence is pretty high. If Flash is going to be in this I’m not sure why his speed is so high and his stamina is so low though, unless Flash will be higher in both.
    I don't know D&D stats. Is 20 the limit? Then I guess Flash will probably be a 20 to Clark's 19, which explains why their races are so even despite Flash being faster and not always going all out.

I wonder if his stamina is taking into account the effect of Kryptonite or maybe how old he is in this setting?

Typically in DnD, the highest stat you can get starting out is 18, and most races have a +2 racial bonus to one particular stat you can use to knock your total up to 20. But the stats on that cover aren't actual DnD stats, and you'd be hard pressed to get all your numbers as high as Clark's here.

Or, well, those *weren't* DnD stats last I knew. I stopped playing with 4th edition and never returned for 5th (current edition), so maybe they changed things around?

Anyway, this looks like it could be fun.....I do love my high fantasy, DnD, and the DCU. But my standards for fantasy are much higher than they are for superhero comics, so we'll see what the previews look like. I hope it's good, I really want it to be.

Honestly, for me the coolest thing about this announcement is the cover with just Clark, Bruce, and Diana. The artist for that is a gentleman named Wayne Reynolds, one of the most popular artists for DnD and Magic: the Gathering. Just the fact that this guy is doing one of the covers gives the entire series a whole lotta dice-nerd clout.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-12-2021 at 06:12 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I bet clark is gonna use the sword of Superman..
    Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    It’s not just me who sees that Clark looks exactly like a Disney Prince, am I?

Nope! Called it... precisely my concern..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-12-2021 at 09:40 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

The Cover of the second edition, Clark with a Crown!?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

He's a prince, but I think he doesn't want it
    , I'm starting to get curious about this comic.

Incredible Member

I understand why Clark is so often associated with royalty... I'd just prefer him not to be.

Anyway, we got Green Arrow (because how are you going to tell a fantasy medieval story and not use the in-built Robin Hood analogue?), a blond girl in similar clothes to Clark (is that Kara? Or maybe it's Black Canary, since Green Arrow is there), and a dark-skinned, short haired man with a short beard wearing a crown (no idea who he is).

Didn't they show Terrific as a king in issue 1 preview?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Didn't they show Terrific as a king in issue 1 preview?
    Black Lightning is the king.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I understand why Clark is so often associated with royalty... I'd just prefer him not to be.

Anyway, we got Green Arrow (because how are you going to tell a fantasy medieval story and not use the in-built Robin Hood analogue?), a blond girl in similar clothes to Clark (is that Kara? Or maybe it's Black Canary, since Green Arrow is there), and a dark-skinned, short haired man with a short beard wearing a crown (no idea who he is).
    I am gonna love the whole green arrow thing.He's taking on the darkknight with his i fight for the little guy mister ivory tower lone god.Supes is stuck with king,white knight..etc.It's kinda go too now.I would have had clark as a gladiator breaking chains of servitude..But,the public don't see it.That superman is dead atleast for the audiences at large.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-29-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Is the blonde guy supposed to be Barry? He looks like John Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

Guessing Jor-El and Lara are going to bite it (shocker I know).
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post

The Els are basically a noble house so I get why Clark is in this position even if I agree with you. Would’ve rather had Clark be in a King Arthur position myself. Hm wonder if he’ll be going by “Kal” here since he seems to have been raised by his birth parents?

Pretty sure the blonde on the cover is Kara. There was a preview for issue 1 that saw Batman confronting a blonde who was wearing an outfit reminiscent of BC’s Rebrith outfit, so that will be her. That confrontation is also probably why Bats and GA are fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is the blonde guy supposed to be Barry? He looks like John Constantine.
    It’s Constantine.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's DC's GoT so there's probably a king of Westeros (Jefferson?) and kings of their respective lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's DC's GoT so there's probably a king of Westeros (Jefferson?) and kings of their respective lands.
    Maybe the royal houses are formed by metahumans? If so, Wonder Woman is going to be a princess or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Maybe the royal houses are formed by metahumans? If so, Wonder Woman is going to be a princess or something.
    Barbarian Warlord/Red Sonya bootleg more likely given Taylor's track record.

I wonder if bibbo,jimmy and krypto are in this.I hope they are..Lois is going to be a common or i presume who makes clark the error of his way.making him see past naivety and his nobility.