Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wonder if bibbo,jimmy and krypto are in this.I hope they are..Lois is going to be a common or i presume who makes clark the error of his way.making him see past naivety and his nobility.
    I sure hope so. Would love to see Bibbo and Jimmy here too, but I feel they have less of a chance. Maybe we'll get them in some bit parts, as bartender in some canteen frequented by Ollie and company or as Clark's aide / Lois' coworker.

With only 12 issues, I don't see Bibbo or Jimmy getting a lot of panel time, not when Harley Quinn, Green Arrow and Black Canary are around.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! that's a shame..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I checked Taylor’s Instagram and on there he confirmed that the blonde on the cover isn’t Dinah. Gotta be Kara then.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wonder if bibbo,jimmy and krypto are in this.I hope they are..Lois is going to be a common or i presume who makes clark the error of his way.making him see past naivety and his nobility.
    I’m going to be pissed if John Henry Irons isn’t in this. Taylor keeps saying he loves Superman, I want him to prove it by bringing in the lesser known Superfamily members. If freaking Duke is in this (based off of the preview of issue 1), Irons better be in here as well. He makes too much damn sense as a blacksmith in the employ of the Els to not be a part of this.

Bibbo probably not but he could be a tavern keeper who cameos. Krypto probably will be, Jimmy probably will be as well, hopefully as Clark’s page or squire. Lois definitely will be but I have no clue what role she would have, scribe maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Maybe the royal houses are formed by metahumans? If so, Wonder Woman is going to be a princess or something.
    The variant cover with her on it looks very Conan/Red Sonja esque. So not a “proper” princess
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    With only 12 issues, I don't see Bibbo or Jimmy getting a lot of panel time, not when Harley Quinn, Green Arrow and Black Canary are around.
    Lmao, spot on. I’m sure plenty of Gotham Rogues will be present but I doubt any Superman Rogues will be, except for Lex who will of course make sure to let everyone know that he thinks Sir Batman is smarter than him. Ah well I’m still going to check it out so more fool me eh?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think if Taylor is featuring the Batfamily as Bruce's squire's, in the interest of fairness he would do the Superfamily as well.

(Why am I not surprised Taylor would double-down on Warrior Wonder Woman here?).

Lex could be a Littlefinger type.

Krypto will probably be a Direwolf again.

Maybe Aquaman and company will be Targaryen's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think if Taylor is featuring the Batfamily as Bruce's squire's, in the interest of fairness he would do the Superfamily as well.

(Why am I not surprised Taylor would double-down on Warrior Wonder Woman here?).

Lex could be a Littlefinger type.

Krypto will probably be a Direwolf again.

Maybe Aquaman and company will be Targaryen's.
    Was Injustice, DCeased, and the Batman school girl crush not enough of an indicator for you? How many bad Wonder Woman stuff does he have to write?
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-29-2021 at 04:04 PM.

If Irons shows up (and gets a role above cameo), that will make me happy enough to buy the whole series. All I’m saying.

Arthur will undoubtedly be another king of the undersea, if anything he adapts a little too well, I don’t really think he’d be any different in a fantasy setting. Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Cyborg (if he’s a part of this) are the ones who would probably have to change the most. Flash could be an alchemist or magic-based.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hopefully John Henry Irons shows up as a blacksmith or knight in some capacity. Same goes for the rest of the Super Family.

Superman probably will be portrayed as very insecure here. That second cover, him with the crown, makes me think we won't have an assertive Superman on this. We should be ready to see Clark getting a lot of pep talks from Bruce, Alfred, Diana, Lois and whoever else is on this, so, pretty close to the last couple decades in the main universe.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Hopefully John Henry Irons shows up as a blacksmith or knight in some capacity. Same goes for the rest of the Super Family.
    How would you bring Kon into this? The rest are easy (although given how young Bruce & Clark look I don’t think we’ll get Damian and Jon), but Conner is the tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    How would you bring Kon into this? The rest are easy (although given how young Bruce & Clark look I don’t think we’ll get Damian and Jon), but Conner is the tough one.
    It's a fantasy world so rather than a creature of science, he's created via magic by a sorcereress attempting to steal the thrown with a copy. Or something akin to some versions of Morded and Arthur but Kon ends up joining Kai. Could be Circe like in House of El but removing the rape element by using a lock of Kal's hair or blood. There's also tweaking the story and he's just his little brother. Kara would fill the role of the long lost relative so maybe not the last option. The Eradicator could be a type of Merlin like figure bestowing Kal with ancient Kryptonian wisdom. That's off the top of my head.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Since a fair amount of Tom Taylor’s stuff is getting adapted recently and Taylor said he hopes that DKOS will be bigger than DCeased, does anyone else think WB might be looking at DKOS as their replacement for Game of Thrones, especially since the latter basically sh*t the bed and a bunch of its spin-offs were cancelled? WB/HBO probably wants an epic fantasy property they could adapt and DKOS already has built-in name recognition for characters. Not to mention they already own the characters too (whereas Amazon reportedly paid $250 million just for the rights to make a Middle Earth series).

Yasmine Putri is just amazing.

Looks like we have Supergirl (she may be the blond Batman woke up in the preview art, not Black Canary), Lois, and Constantine. Along with Wonder Woman and Black Lightening who we've seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Since a fair amount of Tom Taylor’s stuff is getting adapted recently and Taylor said he hopes that DKOS will be bigger than DCeased, does anyone else think WB might be looking at DKOS as their replacement for Game of Thrones, especially since the latter basically sh*t the bed and a bunch of its spin-offs were cancelled? WB/HBO probably wants an epic fantasy property they could adapt and DKOS already has built-in name recognition for characters. Not to mention they already own the characters too (whereas Amazon reportedly paid $250 million just for the rights to make a Middle Earth series).
    And who will be the Lannister siblings? The Tornado Twins or the Lightning twins?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin