Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This is interesting..a fanasy with superman?i am in.But,the problem i am certainly no fan of white knights.the garb is gear towards a white knight or prince..So,i don't think i will be into this..
    Superman being a knight in shining armor/princely type is kinda a given.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The Bruce-El twist was something, not sure if it's good or bad.

But, at least for now it seems like Taylor isn't making Superman the douch prince I was afraid he would. Let's see how it goes, I'm optmistic for now.
    Was kind of surprised you thought Kal would be a douche, Taylor only writes Kal one way. Should be more worried that Kal ends up biting it so Bruce can end up on the throne
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So Bruce is just straight up Jon Snow huh? Gotta admit I kind of liked the reveal that Bruce is Kal’s half brother, guessing Jor-El screwed Martha. Interesting twist on the brotherhood relationship between Supes and Bats. Harley is so annoying however. No sign of John Henry Irons yet, I’ll give it a couple issues.
    If Bruce is Jon Snow and they fully commit to it, he should end up as an ineffectual dumbass by the end of this, just staring slack jawed at everything and muttering "Mah Queen" over and over.

That would actually make this amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If Bruce is Jon Snow and they fully commit to it, he should end up as an ineffectual dumbass by the end of this, just staring slack jawed at everything and muttering "Mah Queen" over and over.

That would actually make this amazing.
    Knowing Taylor though, his “queen” will be Diana who is very murder happy
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I have not read it and after seeing some comments I have doubts about whether to do it, I hope you can get me out of this doubt.
    Bruce = knight, hero, protagonist, half Kryptonian, heir to the house of EL.
    Clark = is like a useless and pathetic child who is not even allowed to leave the house, he is so pathetic that not even his father believes that he can be a good leader.
    I am right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I have not read it and after seeing some comments I have doubts about whether to do it, I hope you can get me out of this doubt.
    Bruce = knight, hero, protagonist, half Kryptonian, heir to the house of EL.
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, no. Bruce is a bastard child whom everyone looks down on. Theoretically as Martha’s son, with the Waynes ruling the kingdom before the Els, he technically should have inherited, but because he’s a bastard he didn’t. Jor and Lara are the rulers and Kal is their heir since he’s the firstborn and acknowledged son.
    Clark = is like a useless and pathetic child who is not even allowed to leave the house, he is so pathetic that not even his father believes that he can be a good leader.
    I am right or wrong.
    No. Kal isn’t supposed to leave because he’s the heir and isn’t supposed to risk himself like that. Bruce, as the bastard, is expendable. Kal is the one who ultimately subdues Dinah so he’s not incompetent and Jor doesn’t view him as useless. There’s conflict between Kal and his parents because Kal believes their imprisonments of Metahumans/“magic” users is unethical and wrong. Bruce goes along with it because he doesn’t have it in him to argue with Jor and Lara since he clearly wants them to approve of him.

Am I really defending a Tom Taylor book?

BANNED

Yes, yes, yes, yes, no. Bruce is a bastard child whom everyone looks down on. Theoretically as Martha’s son, with the Waynes ruling the kingdom before the Els, he technically should have inherited, but because he’s a bastard he didn’t. Jor and Lara are the rulers and Kal is their heir since he’s the firstborn and acknowledged son.

No. Kal isn’t supposed to leave because he’s the heir and isn’t supposed to risk himself like that. Bruce, as the bastard, is expendable. Kal is the one who ultimately subdues Dinah so he’s not incompetent and Jor doesn’t view him as useless. There’s conflict between Kal and his parents because Kal believes their imprisonments of Metahumans/“magic” users is unethical and wrong. Bruce goes along with it because he doesn’t have it in him to argue with Jor and Lara since he clearly wants them to approve of him.

Am I really defending a Tom Taylor book?
    Thank you, you have convinced me to give it a try.

"They say whenever an Amazon of Themyscira is born, the Gods flip a coin"

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Superman being a knight in shining armor/princely type is kinda a given.
    Not for me it ain't.My supes is a different breed.Regardless,this clark was good.He was at odds with jor el,what they were doing and i hope he is gonna be on that side of the spectrum.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I think away from the Injustice stuff, Taylor can write a serviceable Clark, so I'm not as worried about him in this as I am about certain others.

Spectacular Member

So a green shining arrow flying through the night,
    And Kryptonian can’t see it?
    Because it is coming from off panel?
    That’s not how super-speed works?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guanlishabi View Post
    well it's magic..and no plot armor..limited series..dead for parents for batman is a must...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by guanlishabi View Post
    Or even hear it. Jor-El or even Bruce considering the reveal should have at least heard the arrow unless magic canceled out its sound and also rendered it invisible.

She'll be betrothed to Clark or something but be in love with Bruce. Unless of course he got permission to write her as a lesbian, being an Elseworld it might be possible. In that case it might be Lois in Guinevere role, assuming Lois is in this.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-03-2021 at 11:36 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

I think Lois is in this. She was on one of the covers released some time last month.