Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The peak of Olympus Mons is outside of the atmosphere.
    ah...ok this explain it.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Is Onslaught calling Charles "Betrayer"? If so, I'm not sure I get the context. Because of the secrets he, Erik, and Moira are keeping?
    Hints to the issue of "Our leaders can't be trusted" message with Charles? Maybe he chooses the X-men or Humans over the Mutants, Betrays Moira and Erik, or maybe Krakoa itself? Or the souls that are in Onsalught see him as betraying them, saying that they're all there when they are not. Like parts of them keep going into him as they die and come back.

My guess is that Pixie is being used as a vassal for Onslaught and it's going to lead to Kurt maybe releasing Destiny or something. I have a bad feeling about this and that David probably is right on something.

I could imagine Onslaught using the resurrection process to spread his influence, maybe replacing a bit of someone's mind with a piece of himself every time they're brought back, with the stolen memories collected in the Patchwork Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I could imagine Onslaught using the resurrection process to spread his influence, maybe replacing a bit of someone's mind with a piece of himself every time they're brought back, with the stolen memories collected in the Patchwork Man.
    That would explain the kids and their desire to kill themselves and be resurrected. Onslaught influences their behavior a little more every time, and the influenced ones peer pressure the others into joining in the game, thus spreading Onslaught further and further.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

That would explain the kids and their desire to kill themselves and be resurrected. Onslaught influences their behavior a little more every time, and the influenced ones peer pressure the others into joining in the game, thus spreading Onslaught further and further.
    I suspect you are correct.
    I don’t know how self contained the conclusion is going to be, but if you were looking for the mutant who’s been resurrected a lot recently, Quentin Quire would be high up the list.

Astonishing Member

And there likely goes my much more complex speculation on what the Patchwork man could be and what his name implied about his nature (i was looking at the pieces of memory that get lost between the person who died and the "earlier" copies which are brought back).

This makes a lot of sense as Onslaught's master plan, though now i wonder what will happen if these "fragments" come back to these people, if that can happen at all and doesn't leave behind a sense of hollowness.

Also the implication is still there that even without Onslaught pushing them ahead, the kids and others would still eventualy become so casual about dying via desensibilisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I suspect you are correct.
    I don’t know how self contained the conclusion is going to be, but if you were looking for the mutant who’s been resurrected a lot recently, Quentin Quire would be high up the list.
    Perhaps his psychic powers and state of mind has protected him somewhat. Unless even Onslaught can't stand him either and wasn't willing to touch him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    They did a bad job based on what?
    Forgot the tides, dust storms dangerous and the volcanos are exploding non stop close to there embassy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Forgot the tides, dust storms dangerous and the volcanos are exploding non stop close to there embassy.
    Considering how popular Mars is as object of terraforming in science fiction, i wouldn't be suprised if there is a whole laundry list of potential overlooked aspects, problems, errors or common mistakes, which can be recognized in what was done here.

Especialy since it's an act of "flash terraforming" ala the Genesis Device in Star Trek, which offer themself well to examples of "hubris" in science fiction. Not to forget the parallels to various attempts in human history of trying to reshape an environment quickly with disasterous longterm effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Mars has once again a vital and active core, The olympus mons is erupting not exploding and dust storms are a feature on mars but they are going to be less common as vegetations spreads around and the new weather system allows moisture and precipitations to be ultimately prevalent
    Last edited by Daedra; 08-12-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Mars has once again a vital and active core, The olympus mons is erupting not exploding and dust storms are a feature on mars but they are going to be less common as vegetations spreads around and the new weather system allows moisture and precipitations to be ultimately prevalent
    Better hope the Arrakii don't introduce genetically engineered living terraforming devices which look like giant worms to maintain the oxygen on the world, who get harmed by water and produce a mind expanding substance as side effect of their actions or else everyone will quickly be very keen on keeping Arrakos a dune filled desert world.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Better hope the Arrakii don't introduce genetically engineered living terraforming devices which look like giant worms to maintain the oxygen on the world, who get harmed by water and produce a mind expanding substance as side effect of their actions or else everyone will quickly be very keen on keeping Arrakos a dune filled desert world.
    I see you

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Spectacular Member

Is Onslaught calling Charles "Betrayer"? If so, I'm not sure I get the context. Because of the secrets he, Erik, and Moira are keeping?
    I thought that was Cassandra Nova - with the owl theme and all.

Pixie seems the most likely candidate as the anchor with the glowing eyes and I think Si did say somewhere she'd have a big role to play. But Xavier sensed his presence before Pixie had ever been resurrected. I thought only those that had been resurrected were affected by him?

If resurrection is required, then it narrows down who the anchor will be: either someone who hasn't been in the book at all so far which would be a terrible writing choice, or someone in the book that we know had been resurrected before Way of X #1.

Xavier and Kurt come to mind, maybe Mercury?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Pixie seems the most likely candidate as the anchor with the glowing eyes and I think Si did say somewhere she'd have a big role to play. But Xavier sensed his presence before Pixie had ever been resurrected. I thought only those that had been resurrected were affected by him?

If resurrection is required, then it narrows down who the anchor will be: either someone who hasn't been in the book at all so far which would be a terrible writing choice, or someone in the book that we know had been resurrected before Way of X #1.

Xavier and Kurt come to mind, maybe Mercury?
    Hmm. That's an interesting point. Unless there's some backstory introduced out of nowhere, Mercury has never died and hasn't gone through the resurrection process. Unless being linked to Loa, who was dead when Krakoa was founded, allowed Onslaught to then influence Cessily as well? Or maybe the younger generation is just more susceptible in general? This is all very confusing.

It's still jarring how in every other book Arrako is lush and beautiful with no issues, even as of the latest Cota as well as Marauders and other books but here it looks almost hellish.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/