Page 8 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Extraordinary Member

Whahooo!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Looks
    Like a combination of both Stephanie and Cass runs

It be nice if Harper and Tiffany could also join the team

DC's worst kept secret is finally revealed.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

I hope Bette appears in the comic.

I'd honestly not be suprised if sooner or later we have a third batgirl join. But maybe awhile away need to give Cass and Steph some time to shine first!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Nice to see Babs in the background too.
    It'd be much nicer to see her in the foreground in her Batgirl costume with them.

Astonishing Member

I'm pretty sure Barbara will still have an important role and character arcs in Batgirls, but she doesn't seem to be the main selling point for this.

It seems DC wants to use Batgirl(s) name as a brand to attract younger audience, which isn't something new (that's why Burnside Batgirl existed).

I guess DC has concluded this isn't possible with Barbara in comics, so they will try with the younger Batgirls.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-15-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Let's fuckin' GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This was such a long time coming! As a fan of both of these characters, I couldn't be any happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It'd be much nicer to see her in the foreground in her Batgirl costume with them.
    Nah. I think she's right where she needs to be. I don't particularly mind her being both Batgirl and Oracle at the same time (though if I had to choose between the two, I'm always going with Oracle), but for this particular book, I think she's better off as just that mentor figure in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Nah. I think she's right where she needs to be. I don't particularly mind her being both Batgirl and Oracle at the same time (though if I had to choose between the two, I'm always going with Oracle), but for this particular book, I think she's better off as just that mentor figure in the background.
    What was the point of giving her a new costume, then? I feel like it should be all about them as Batgirls in the book. She's appearing as Oracle everywhere else anyways.

Is she only going to be Batgirl in Nightwing now? Or is it really just for event stories?

At the same time I'm happy for a Steph/Cass duo book.

FINALLY IT HAPPENED.

Our girls deserve the BEST.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What was the point of giving her a new costume, then?
    Hopefully for emergency use only. Or, like you said, in Nightwing and event stories.

I like Babs. I prefer her as Oracle, I don't have a problem with her being Batgirl every now and again. But this shared title is the closest we'll probably get to Steph and Cass having solo runs again, so I'd rather just have those two be the main focus. I think they're doing the right thing by keeping Babs where she is.

Hopefully for emergency use only. Or, like you said, in Nightwing and event stories.

I like Babs. I prefer her as Oracle, I don't have a problem with her being Batgirl every now and again. But this shared title is the closest we'll probably get to Steph and Cass having solo runs again, so I'd rather just have those two be the main focus. I think they're doing the right thing by keeping Babs where she is.
    I just don't see why we can't have all three of them active together. If she was going to have a costume for "emergencies" than she may as well have stuck with the old one since we might hardly see it as is.

Although maybe it's easier writing a duo book than a trio book, especially since Steph and Cass are in similar standing without having an adult Batgirl around.

Kind of giving me BoP vibes as well. Steph is Dinah and Cass is Huntress ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't see why we can't have all three of them active together.
    Having Babs be a part of this book as Batgirl kinda runs the risk of diminishing Steph and Cass. They're the "new" kids on the block and need to stand on their own. Babs' presence as a mentor figure is all we need from her here. We've had years of her getting solo Batgirl books. I'm cool with her passing the reins back to the her original successors now that they're allowed to exist and be relevant again. This series is about building those two up again. Babs can take a seat.

Besides, I like the BoP feel it's giving me. Been reading Simone's old run of that and it's honestly my favorite version of Babs lol

Astonishing Member

Having Babs be a part of this book as Batgirl kinda runs the risk of diminishing Steph and Cass. They're the "new" kids on the block and need to stand on their own. Babs' presence as a mentor figure is all we need from her here. We've had years of her getting solo Batgirl books. I'm cool with her passing the reins back to the her original successors now that they're allowed to exist and be relevant again. This series is about building those two up again. Babs can take a seat.

Besides, I like the BoP feel it's giving me. Been reading Simone's old run of that and it's honestly my favorite version of Babs lol
    I'm pretty sure Barbara will appear as Batgirl (at some point) in this book. However, I agree that she will likely have mainly a supporting role as Oracle.

The main selling point of Batgirls seem to be Cassandra and Stephanie.

Let's fuckin' GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This was such a long time coming! As a fan of both of these characters, I couldn't be any happier.

Nah, I disagree. I think for any book she's better as a Batgirl than a background supporting character. No reason she couldn't have been equal with the other two (and no, background supporting non-fighters aren't equal - she's been demoted to their sidekick).