Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Snyder gets credit in most people's telling, but the issue where Harper was created was driven largely by Tynion. Snyder is usually listed because she was retconned into being the girl in the first issue of Batman, but she was first named and "created" in Batman #12.
    Harper first showed up and named in Batman #7 defibrillating Bruce. Snyder said she created/use her because the original intention was to use Cass in that scene but not allowed. Source I don't remember. It's been too long.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fair, although execution wise it still kind of felt like it.

Seem a little stiff here, but nice to see them dressed to the nines and on a date.
    I liked all the fancy dress in this issue, including the daydreams, but I kinda wish they'd gone for Cass's little black dress from Batman and Robin Eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Harper first showed up and named in Batman #7 defibrillating Bruce. Snyder said she created/use her because the original intention was to use Cass in that scene but not allowed. Source I don't remember. It's been too long.
    Snyder and Tynion do tend to give contradictory interviews, sometimes. Which is why I don't totally buy what Tynion told me - but he did tell me point blank. So...I dunno?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Snyder was speaking about Harper's appearance in Batman #1. He wanted to use Cassandra in that panel, but it wasn't allowed. So, he put an early appearance of Harper there.

Snyder has never said that he planned to use Cassandra in Batman #7 defibrillating Bruce. In fact, it wouldn't fit Cassandra at all.

I don't think Steph is bi like some have been saying here. If she was, wouldn't she have reacted differently when Tim ditched her for a boy? Someone who's bi themselves would surely have seen the signs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I liked all the fancy dress in this issue, including the daydreams, but I kinda wish they'd gone for Cass's little black dress from Batman and Robin Eternal.
    I think there's a preference for Cass to wear more masculine clothings/styles.

Not my preference, for sure. In Batman and Robin Eternal, Harper wore the tux, Cass the dress, and it felt a lot more appropriate to me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Not my preference, for sure. In Batman and Robin Eternal, Harper wore the tux, Cass the dress, and it felt a lot more appropriate to me.
    Same, and she was inspired by the grace and beauty of ballerina's...

Same, and she was inspired by the grace and beauty of ballerina's...
    And Tynion did a great job continuing that thread in Tec!

Extraordinary Member

Thinking back to pre flashpoint, I don't think that Cass really cares about dressing up at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Thinking back to pre flashpoint, I don't think that Cass really cares about dressing up at all...
    True enough...especially knowing how she was raised.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Ballerina Cass always looks pretty.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

Just read issue 7 and what a huge improvement the art is on the inside pages. I could actually see what was happening and enjoyed myself.
    What did annoy me though is Batgirl (Gordon) was front and center on the cover but once again not in the actual book.
    I hate when that happens coz I get all excited to see Barbara in her Batgirl costume but it just ends up being false advertisement.
    Last edited by sorboares; 06-23-2022 at 03:35 PM.

Babs is pretty central to the issue. Not quite sure how much more central she could get.

I would really love to see Flamebird become part of this title.

And a story arc that includes Babs, Cass, Steph, Harper, Helena Bertinelli, Bette Kane and Kate Kane would extremely fun.