Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 200

Thread: Batgirls

  1. #166
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They casted the lead a month an half ago itís happening
    Still doesn't answer my question about how many years ago this project was originally first mentioned . . .


  2. #167
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, not too old, but I definitely think she should come off as older and mature as their inspiration and mentor.
    Meh, I don't see why - neither of them are rookies needing a mentor any more.

  3. #168
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Meh, I don't see why - neither of them are rookies needing a mentor any more.
    Well, in the context of the current universe I think it makes sense for them.

  4. #169
    Radioactive Blight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Okay, I can kind of see the influences...but Death Note!?
    Babs is Light eating those chips while planning wild schemes that pay off, Steph is Misa, and Cass is L.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

  5. #170
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Sorry, that reference went right over my head - I've never watched the Kamen Rider shows. Seen several of the Ultraman shows though.
    In the original Kamen Rider, the actor playing the title character got injured, so Kamen Rider Nigo was introduced. Nigo means #2. The original Kamen Rider came back later (now subtitled Ichigo, or #1), and they became a duo known as the Double Riders. Steph's the Nigo to Cass's Ichigo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #171
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, in the context of the current universe I think it makes sense for them.
    I'm okay with her being more experienced, but not so much older. I'm not a fan of aging in comics in general, and I liked Batgirl of Burnside.

  7. #172
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In the original Kamen Rider, the actor playing the title character got injured, so Kamen Rider Nigo was introduced. Nigo means #2. The original Kamen Rider came back later (now subtitled Ichigo, or #1), and they became a duo known as the Double Riders. Steph's the Nigo to Cass's Ichigo.
    Ah - my inspiration for the joke was that one scene with Thing One and Thing Two in the live action Cat in the Hat.

  8. #173
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm okay with her being more experienced, but not so much older. I'm not a fan of aging in comics in general, and I liked Batgirl of Burnside.
    I'm fine with a late 20's Babs myself. Of course I didn't love the Burnside take...

  9. #174
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with a late 20's Babs myself. Of course I didn't love the Burnside take...
    I'd say early 20s myself. Of course I loved the Burnside take.

  10. #175
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with a late 20's Babs myself. Of course I didn't love the Burnside take...
    I neither.. It was like if Barbara had 16 years again.. Despite I think that N52 said that she had 21 YEARS and Steph was Canon again and Babs is older making her behaviour here even more weird.

    I liked how Barbara next run look but after listen that Burnside Days would return again I avoided see it... Why love Barbara again in a serious batgirl run for then return to Burnside and be dissapointed with the character again?


    With Steph and Cass it would be easier accept something like Burnside because are younger than Barbara(despite it would ruin them in my eyes a little).. Anyway I think that this BATGIRLS comic will not be as bad as Burnside with them without matter what happens in the comic.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-17-2021 at 04:00 AM.

  11. #176
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I neither.. It was like if Barbara had 16 years again.. Despite I think that N52 said that she had 21 YEARS and Steph was Canon again and Babs is older making her behaviour here even more weird.

    I liked how Barbara next run look but after listen that Burnside Days would return again I avoided see it... Why love Barbara again in a serious batgirl run for then return to Burnside and be dissapointed with the character again?


    With Steph and Cass it would be easier accept something like Burnside because are younger than Barbara(despite it would ruin them in my eyes a little).. Anyway I think that this BATGIRLS comic will not be as bad as Burnside with them without matter what happens in the comic.
    I would kill to have a book half as "bad" as Burnside. It was a fun read and a great time.

  12. #177
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,076

    Default

    Well, the art was really nice at least...

  13. #178
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I would kill to have a book half as "bad" as Burnside. It was a fun read and a great time.
    I hated the "Burnside" move at first. Stopped buying it after one issue.

    But I kept looking through issues on the racks and eventually tried it again once I saw how it was making connections with Batgirl's past history. Ended up overall enjoying it, but those first couple of issues were definitely a bit cringe-worthy!

  14. #179
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,914

    Default

    Aside from Barbara, Cass, and Steph, what other past Batman-related / Gotham City-related characters would you maybe like to see show up in Batgirls?

    I wouldn't mind an appearance by Riko Sheridan (from We Are Robin), who did meet Batgirl in the past (Barbara during her Burnside days).


  15. #180
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Aside from Barbara, Cass, and Steph, what other past Batman-related / Gotham City-related characters would you maybe like to see show up in Batgirls?

    I wouldn't mind an appearance by Riko Sheridan (from We Are Robin), who did meet Batgirl in the past (Barbara during her Burnside days).

    I don't think I've ever actually seen this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •