Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They casted the lead a month an half ago it’s happening
    Still doesn't answer my question about how many years ago this project was originally first mentioned . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, not too old, but I definitely think she should come off as older and mature as their inspiration and mentor.
    Meh, I don't see why - neither of them are rookies needing a mentor any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Meh, I don't see why - neither of them are rookies needing a mentor any more.
    Well, in the context of the current universe I think it makes sense for them.

Okay, I can kind of see the influences...but Death Note!?
    Babs is Light eating those chips while planning wild schemes that pay off, Steph is Misa, and Cass is L.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Sorry, that reference went right over my head - I've never watched the Kamen Rider shows. Seen several of the Ultraman shows though.
    In the original Kamen Rider, the actor playing the title character got injured, so Kamen Rider Nigo was introduced. Nigo means #2. The original Kamen Rider came back later (now subtitled Ichigo, or #1), and they became a duo known as the Double Riders. Steph's the Nigo to Cass's Ichigo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, in the context of the current universe I think it makes sense for them.
    I'm okay with her being more experienced, but not so much older. I'm not a fan of aging in comics in general, and I liked Batgirl of Burnside.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In the original Kamen Rider, the actor playing the title character got injured, so Kamen Rider Nigo was introduced. Nigo means #2. The original Kamen Rider came back later (now subtitled Ichigo, or #1), and they became a duo known as the Double Riders. Steph's the Nigo to Cass's Ichigo.
    Ah - my inspiration for the joke was that one scene with Thing One and Thing Two in the live action Cat in the Hat.

I'm okay with her being more experienced, but not so much older. I'm not a fan of aging in comics in general, and I liked Batgirl of Burnside.
    I'm fine with a late 20's Babs myself. Of course I didn't love the Burnside take...

I'm fine with a late 20's Babs myself. Of course I didn't love the Burnside take...
    I'd say early 20s myself. Of course I loved the Burnside take.

I neither.. It was like if Barbara had 16 years again.. Despite I think that N52 said that she had 21 YEARS and Steph was Canon again and Babs is older making her behaviour here even more weird.

I liked how Barbara next run look but after listen that Burnside Days would return again I avoided see it... Why love Barbara again in a serious batgirl run for then return to Burnside and be dissapointed with the character again?

With Steph and Cass it would be easier accept something like Burnside because are younger than Barbara(despite it would ruin them in my eyes a little).. Anyway I think that this BATGIRLS comic will not be as bad as Burnside with them without matter what happens in the comic.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-17-2021 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I neither.. It was like if Barbara had 16 years again.. Despite I think that N52 said that she had 21 YEARS and Steph was Canon again and Babs is older making her behaviour here even more weird.

I liked how Barbara next run look but after listen that Burnside Days would return again I avoided see it... Why love Barbara again in a serious batgirl run for then return to Burnside and be dissapointed with the character again?

With Steph and Cass it would be easier accept something like Burnside because are younger than Barbara(despite it would ruin them in my eyes a little).. Anyway I think that this BATGIRLS comic will not be as bad as Burnside with them without matter what happens in the comic.
    I would kill to have a book half as "bad" as Burnside. It was a fun read and a great time.

Well, the art was really nice at least...

I would kill to have a book half as "bad" as Burnside. It was a fun read and a great time.
    I hated the "Burnside" move at first. Stopped buying it after one issue.

But I kept looking through issues on the racks and eventually tried it again once I saw how it was making connections with Batgirl's past history. Ended up overall enjoying it, but those first couple of issues were definitely a bit cringe-worthy!

Aside from Barbara, Cass, and Steph, what other past Batman-related / Gotham City-related characters would you maybe like to see show up in Batgirls?

I wouldn't mind an appearance by Riko Sheridan (from We Are Robin), who did meet Batgirl in the past (Barbara during her Burnside days).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Aside from Barbara, Cass, and Steph, what other past Batman-related / Gotham City-related characters would you maybe like to see show up in Batgirls?

I wouldn't mind an appearance by Riko Sheridan (from We Are Robin), who did meet Batgirl in the past (Barbara during her Burnside days).

I don't think I've ever actually seen this.