Page 1 of 91 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Extraordinary Member

Default Batgirls

Nothing officially announced but Michael W. Conrad, current co-writer on Wonder Woman and the Midnighter backups in Action Comics updated his twitter bio:

https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad

Yesterday he tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...74420802899970

EDIT:

Courtesy of DC Comics, we have your first look at Batgirls #1 and #2, the start of Becky Cloonan, Michael Conrad, and Jorge Corona’s new series.
    Last edited by Hypo; 09-15-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...42722181517315

So him and Cloonan presumably spinning the series out of the back ups.

I've seen positive reception to their Wonder Woman run so I wouldn't mind it .

Incredible Member

I certainly hope this ends up being "it" for them. It's taken long enough for the Batgirls to get a book now, and it's clearly one fans are interested in. Hopefully the back-ups will lead into a Batgirls series come December.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I certainly hope this ends up being "it" for them. It's taken long enough for the Batgirls to get a book now, and it's clearly one fans are interested in. Hopefully the back-ups will lead into a Batgirls series come December.
    Crossing my fingers .

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Well, besides the story in Batman: Urban Legends #5, when do they appear as a back-up feature in Batman?

Considering the November solicitations are just coming out, is it likely they'd already have their own title approved and solicited within about a month from now?
    Not saying it can't happen, just questioning how realistic that would be to happen that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, besides the story in Batman: Urban Legends #5, when do they appear as a back-up feature in Batman?

Considering the November solicitations are just coming out, is it likely they'd already have their own title approved and solicited within about a month from now?
    Not saying it can't happen, just questioning how realistic that would be to happen that quickly.
    They appear as back-up starting with the second Batman October Issue. The other two parts will be out in November.

December should be their title debut if DC uses the same release plan they use for Red Hood/Task Force Z. The last Task Force Z back-up is in September. Task Force Z the title releases in October.

I like how it sounds..

I hope that the BATGIRLS comics became in a thing

Extraordinary Member

Backup solicit text for those three issues:

Back-Up: Batgirls Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown have each other's backs no matter what—even if it means punching some Magistrate soldier butt, and putting an even bigger target on their backs. Meanwhile, a mysterious Anti-Oracle character finally makes contact directly with Babs and has a few things to say about the unethical nature of Oracle's powers, and what they think should be done about it.
    Backup: With the Bat comms unreliable, Oracle has instructed the Batgirls to stay in the Clock Tower while she and Nightwing investigate who’s behind the Oracle Network hacks. But with the Magistrate’s forces instructed to attack the Clock Tower, will the Batgirls make it out before it’s too late?
    Backup: After what happened in the Magistrate’s Skybase-01, nowhere is safe, and the Batgirls hide out in a hotel room until Babs arrives offering a plan for their future. Seer, the “Anti-Oracle,” is revealed here! And who they are will make you question everything you see moving forward in Gotham…

So I guess Babs needs a new base which leads into the Batgirls status quo.

Who is Seer? It sounds like someone we would know.

One thing that i notice is that Nightwing is being paired with the Batgirls a lot.
    Could be nothing, but i found interesting.

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #10
    Written by MEGHAN FITZMARTIN, TINI HOWARD,
    DAN WATTERS, and SAM JOHNS
    Art by ALBERTO JIMENEZ ALBUQUERQUE, CHRISTIAN DUCE,
    NIKOLA CIZMESIJA, and KARL MOSTERT
    Cover by BELEN ORTEGA
    Variant cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI and BECKY CLOONAN
    $7.99 | 64 PGS | Prestige Format
    ON SALE 12/14/21

Tim Drake goes to make peace with Batman before he leaves Gotham. Superstar writer Tini Howard makes her DC debut on a Nightwing, Oracle, and Batgirls holiday spectacular. Azrael faces down the new villain THE POOR FELLOW. And Tweedle Dum has to make a grave decision.

Last edited by Drako; 08-13-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I like Babs' suit more on that cover than on Redondo's art.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess Babs needs a new base which leads into the Batgirls status quo.

Who is Seer? It sounds like someone we would know.
    You know, if vigilantes are banned from Gotham, will they just move to Bludhaven? After all, Babs is already a regular in the Nightwing book, and the Batgirls will be appearing there as well as in their own story in Fear State.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I like how it sounds..

I hope that the BATGIRLS comics became in a thing
    Well if they do I wonder who's going to be in the party? Do we get huntress and Black Canary along with Babs, Steph and Cassandra? Is Harper coming back to join them?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know, if vigilantes are banned from Gotham, will they just move to Bludhaven? After all, Babs is already a regular in the Nightwing book, and the Batgirls will be appearing there as well as in their own story in Fear State.
    I can see them using that and working with Dick for a bit while they get things rolling. I wonder if we're going to see any of the old Bludhaven characters come back up now that they maybe placed over there if they are. I don't think the anti Vigilantes thing will last though too long in Gotham.