Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Okay, I can kind of see the influences...but Death Note!?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can we bring her Spoiler mask back? I've never been sold on the ninja mask.
    It's weird that they dont want to cover Stephanies face but are fine with Cassie covering hers.

I'm just not a fan of the Batgirls art from what little we've seen thus far.

How "all-ages" are they intending this title to be?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's weird that they dont want to cover Stephanies face but are fine with Cassie covering hers.

I'm just not a fan of the Batgirls art from what little we've seen thus far.
    Yeah. It's weird they cover all Cassandra fans, while Stephanie has half of her face uncovered. I guess they want to use Cassandra's suit due to nostalgia factors.

That said, I can't complaint so much, since I prefer the ninja mask to the complete black mask. Although I still hope Stephanie gets her previous Batgirl cowl at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    "don't be so dramatic"

I'm not talking about preschool shows. I'm talking about comics

There will be more Babs comics or appearances as Batgirl. You don't just debut a new costume next month and not fully use it. Not to mention when the chips are down, she'll don the costume to probably help them deal with Seer or threats that need her to put on the suit. Babs as Batgirl ain't going nowhere. Not to mention you're getting a live-action Batgirl movie in in a few years. You don't think DC will shill a ton of Babs as Batgirl content then?
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Extraordinary Member

How "all-ages" are they intending this title to be?
    https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...01745927577604

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I really can't get into this. I'm happy for Cass and Steph fans. But it sucks they're on the verge of erasing Babs as Batgirl.
    That's a bit of an overreaction, don'cha think? They're not erasing anything. Babs history as Batgirl is still intact. She's still the most well known and most marketable Batgirl. And they just gave her a new costume so she's clearly still operating as Batgirl in some capacity.

But even if this was closing the book on her time as Batgirl, everything that happened before still happened. Just like when she gave it up, Pre-Flashpoint. Dick becoming Nightwing didn't erase him as the first and most recognizable Robin. Not even with four more Robins coming in after him. Babs will be fine.

Kamen Rider Nigo feeling the heat right now .
    Sorry, that reference went right over my head - I've never watched the Kamen Rider shows. Seen several of the Ultraman shows though.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I guess it's because they want to put Stephanie and Cassandra in equal level, while Barbara is a superior level. Curiously, this wouldn't exactly be for Barbara's benefit.

Batgirls comic is clearly directed to a younger audience, that's why Stephanie and Cassandra are the main leads, while Barbara is the mentor (responsible adult).

DC always wanted to use the Batgirl name to appeal a younger audience, but Barbara couldn't really work for that (DC tried with Burnside Batgirl)
    1. They can make Steph and Cass equal to Babs while still letting Babs be a Batgirl and fight alongside them.
    2. Babs' can, has, and will be directed to a younger audience - her old Burnside books, Superhero Girls, etc. Trying to play her out as too old compared to the other two is silly.

Kamen Rider Nigo feeling the heat right now .

Interesting.. Batman the animated series is great..

Not happy to see one Supersons mention here but.. Maybe is saying that Steph and Cass friendship will be showed here.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay, I can kind of see the influences...but Death Note!?
    Oracle = L. Investigation speed chess. I know you know I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Happy to see a comic that looks funny..

Maybe is this FEAR State fault. In Burnside days I had 0 interest in thinking that they turned Barbara in a teen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    . . . Not to mention you're getting a live-action Batgirl movie in in a few years . . .
    How many years ago was a live-action Batgirl movie first talked about?

I think some guy named "Joss Whedon" was mentioned in connection with it back then?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How many years ago was a live-action Batgirl movie first talked about?

I think some guy named "Joss Whedon" was mentioned in connection with it back then?
    They casted the lead a month an half ago it’s happening

So it sounds like the all-ages vibe won't get in the way of the fact that this is a book set in Gotham and dealing with serious crime-fighters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Sorry, that reference went right over my head - I've never watched the Kamen Rider shows. Seen several of the Ultraman shows though.
    Ultraman's pretty great too.
    2. Babs' can, has, and will be directed to a younger audience - her old Burnside books, Superhero Girls, etc. Trying to play her out as too old compared to the other two is silly.
    Well, not too old, but I definitely think she should come off as older and mature as their inspiration and mentor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Appreciate it .
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oracle = L. Investigation speed chess. I know you know I know.
    So does that make Seer Kira?