Page 60 of 91 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Yeah.......I have no idea what that even is.
    https://aromantic.fandom.com/wiki/Aromantics_Wiki

Romantic orientations:

Lithromantic
    Cupiromantic
    Aroflux
    Quoiromantic
    Nebularomantic
    Aromantic
    Alloromantic
    Idemromantic

Oh wait, those are just the trending pages. It actually lists 24 xxxromantic variations.

https://aromantic.fandom.com/wiki/Ca...c_Orientations

I'm no expert. I found this wiki when I read that tweet originally, and wanted to know what Cloonan (if she said that) was talking about.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    2. Steph to "Shiva": Maybe you can't say it right now... but who knows what the future will hold?"
    Second interpretation: Maybe it's not Steph telling herself that she can't admit it for now. Maybe that's referring to the bind in which the writing team - Cloonan, Conrad and Chen - finds itself. They can't say "it" right now.

My guess is DC has the brakes on because the story was just written for both Jon Kent and Tim Drake.

But who knows what they might be able to say in the future?

Have I just missed where this big push for CassxSteph came from?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If there is a push for it, it's in the book itself. I'm just pointing out what I think they are putting on the page. I'd rather it not happen, and so I guess I'm attempting to raise awareness of this perspective.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    If there is a push for it, it's in the book itself. I'm just pointing out what I think they are putting on the page. I'd rather it not happen, and so I guess I'm attempting to raise awareness of this perspective.
    I guess it can look like I'm saying "Oh good, see, they are gay, because the book says so in all of these different ways." After all, that is what people who ship them, and want to find evidence in the text for the relationship no matter how far-fetched, would do.

I think I'm doing the opposite, though. I don't want them to be in a relationship. I hated everything from start to finish about the story Vita Ayala wrote for Future State, and I'm miserable that, it seems, from all the evidence, that the writers are furthering it.

Can't complain without grounds. So I'm presenting the grounds, every month. I don't want to feed the shippers - I want the shipping to stop!

Maybe I have to come to terms with it, that they aren't going to stop. Probably it will just stay at this level.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Why can't they just be friends? Why does the modern zeitgeist require everything to be sexual? Maybe we need a Bechdel-style test for characters having a relationship without it having to be sexual. Maybe the Schulz test for Charlie Brown/Linus Van Pelt relationships. Don't you dare start, people!

I'm late to the Batgirls party it seems lol.

spoilers:
    I enjoyed issue 13. A great moment for Steph in Cass's body to explain how good Cass is to Shiva. I enjoyed her singing the praises of her fellow Batgirl/BFF and Shiva almost seemed touched by it...kind of, sort of. Unfortunately the body swap didn't last too long and Cass did absolutely nothing in Steph's body, but at least she knows where Cluemaster is, still a little disappointed it ended too soon on Cass's end. But the special guest appearance of Zatanna was awesome. It's always amazing seeing the queen herself that is Zatanna! I wonder what will happen between Cluemaster and Steph? Will Cass get there in time? So many questions and I want them answered as soon as possible.
    end of spoilers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'm late to the Batgirls party it seems lol.

spoilers:
    I enjoyed issue 13. A great moment for Steph in Cass's body to explain how good Cass is to Shiva. I enjoyed her singing the praises of her fellow Batgirl/BFF and Shiva almost seemed touched by it...kind of, sort of. Unfortunately the body swap didn't last too long and Cass did absolutely nothing in Steph's body, but at least she knows where Cluemaster is, still a little disappointed it ended too soon on Cass's end. But the special guest appearance of Zatanna was awesome. It's always amazing seeing the queen herself that is Zatanna! I wonder what will happen between Cluemaster and Steph? Will Cass get there in time? So many questions and I want them answered as soon as possible.
    end of spoilers
    So many questions! But good questions, because they indicate engagement and investment in what happens!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    So many questions! But good questions, because they indicate engagement and investment in what happens!
    The best way for this arc to end is for Steph to denounce being a vegetarian and solidify it by eating beef to bulk her muscles or something. If she had the extra muscle she could break out of those ropes and teach her criminal father another lesson.

The best way for this arc to end is for Steph to denounce being a vegetarian and solidify it by eating beef to bulk her muscles or something. If she had the extra muscle she could break out of those ropes and teach her criminal father another lesson.
    Haha, and then Tim and Bernard break up and Tim apologizes to Steph and they start over...

Dreams!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Haha, and then Tim and Bernard break up and Tim apologizes to Steph and they start over...

Dreams!
    If only dreams could become reality. If only. I still have faith for issue 14 of Batgirls to be a thrilling conclusion!

If only dreams could become reality. If only. I still have faith for issue 14 of Batgirls to be a thrilling conclusion!
    Well, #15 is still part of this arc, so I don't actually know what the conclusion to this arc will be! It might be a four parter, or a six parter, or a 10 parter (probably not 10 parts)

Well, #15 is still part of this arc, so I don't actually know what the conclusion to this arc will be! It might be a four parter, or a six parter, or a 10 parter (probably not 10 parts)
    Oh? If it was this many parts then I had hoped Steph and Cass had switched for a little while longer just because the concept, while not original, was fun to see the Batgirls deal with the other's personal problems.

Oh? If it was this many parts then I had hoped Steph and Cass had switched for a little while longer just because the concept, while not original, was fun to see the Batgirls deal with the other's personal problems.
    We'll have to see! Honestly, given how wacked out the solicits have been for this series, I have no real trust in what we know or don't know about what's coming. But solicits for February say that #15 is about Steph fighting her dad.

We'll have to see! Honestly, given how wacked out the solicits have been for this series, I have no real trust in what we know or don't know about what's coming. But solicits for February say that #15 is about Steph fighting her dad.
    Hmm, then I wonder what 14 is about? Talking with her dad while Cass and the others go looking for her.