Page 22 of 91 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Fantastic Member

In any case can we agree that cover for Issue 4 is really inventive?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Babs gets asked out? Even though she's seeing someone? I think? Huh.
    Issue #3 solicit says Barbara is going to meet Tutor's ex in the art gallery so I believe that's the same "ex" who asks her out, I still highly think it's going to be Shawn, it would be nice to see Babs and Shawn finally interacting now Babs is back with Dick

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    Issue #3 solicit says Barbara is going to meet Tutor's ex in the art gallery so I believe that's the same "ex" who asks her out, I still highly think it's going to be Shawn, it would be nice to see Babs and Shawn finally interacting now Babs is back with Dick
    Shawn Defacer? Isn’t she with Nanue?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Shawn Defacer? Isn’t she with Nanue?
    She is, but that's in other dimensions, so she could totally be back.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    In any case can we agree that cover for Issue 4 is really inventive?
    Agreed! I love it...but I also really love that Michael Cho variant! I might be getting two...sigh. My wallet hates this series. My heart loves it.

At least the Rian Gonzales covers are too expensive for me to consider.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    She is, but that's in other dimensions, so she could totally be back.
    I’m glad she is being remembered outside of her creator

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I’m glad she is being remembered outside of her creator
    welllllll, King Shark is written by her creator...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    welllllll, King Shark is written by her creator...
    But not Batgirls

Like the series so far. The surrogate family dynamics have been nice.

Based on the summary, it sounded like it was going to be one of Barbara's exes, not someone else's. Also, while Barbara and Defacer going out could work (if nothing else for the amusement factor of two of his exes having a date and the stories they could tell), wouldn't be in the news or something if DC was going to depict Barbara as being on the LGBTQ spectrum (e.g. Tim Drake or the Jon Kent Superman)?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Like the series so far. The surrogate family dynamics have been nice.

Based on the summary, it sounded like it was going to be one of Barbara's exes, not someone else's. Also, while Barbara and Defacer going out could work (if nothing else for the amusement factor of two of his exes having a date and the stories they could tell), wouldn't be in the news or something if DC was going to depict Barbara as being on the LGBTQ spectrum (e.g. Tim Drake or the Jon Kent Superman)?
    I think it's just supposed to be a little "red herring" since in summary for #3 it mentions Barbara is going to meet Tutor's ex
    Hmm I don't get why Barbara would be on the LGBTQ spectrum for having a date with another girl ? I mean having a date with somebody doesn't necessarily implies it's going to be romantic date ​?
    Still I'd like if it ends up being Bard and we could learn why they broke up, I'd be surprised if it ends up being revealed Bard was the ony who dumped Barbara after finding out her secret identity
    Last edited by Spideyvinnegar; 12-21-2021 at 08:33 AM.

I think it's just supposed to be a little "red herring" since in summary for #3 it mentions Barbara is going to meet Tutor's ex
    Okay.

Hmm I don't get why Barbara would be on the LGBTQ spectrum for having a date with another girl ? I mean having a date with somebody doesn't necessarily implies it's going to be romantic date ​?
    That kinda seemed like the implication. Course, summaries like this can be misleading.

Still I'd like if it ends up being Bard and we could learn why they broke up, I'd be surprised if it ends up being revealed Bard was the ony who dumped Barbara after finding out her secret identity
    Don't really follow Batman comics, so I have no idea who he is. Hope that would be explained for newbies, if that was the case.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Jason Bard was a love interest for Babs that was first introduced Pre-Crisis and he's been kind of an on and off failed love of hers.

. . . Hmm I don't get why Barbara would be on the LGBTQ spectrum for having a date with another girl ? I mean having a date with somebody doesn't necessarily implies it's going to be romantic date ​?
    If the term is just "date" (as opposed to having a "lunch date"), then having a date with somebody usually implies "dating" and possibilities for a romantic relationship.
    (At least, that's what it use to mean when I was younger . . . these days, who knows?)

Astonishing Member

Getting that Bitewing cover.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If the term is just "date" (as opposed to having a "lunch date"), then having a date with somebody usually implies "dating" and possibilities for a romantic relationship.
    (At least, that's what it use to mean when I was younger . . . these days, who knows?)
    I don't really know but can't you go out with a friend to have some coffee and chat about the week and it still be called a date ?