Thread: Batgirls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batgirls

Nothing officially announced but Michael W. Conrad, current co-writer on Wonder Woman and the Midnighter backups in Action Comics updated his twitter bio:

https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad

Yesterday he tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...74420802899970

EDIT:

Courtesy of DC Comics, we have your first look at Batgirls #1 and #2, the start of Becky Cloonan, Michael Conrad, and Jorge Corona’s new series.
    Last edited by Hypo; 09-15-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...42722181517315

So him and Cloonan presumably spinning the series out of the back ups.

I've seen positive reception to their Wonder Woman run so I wouldn't mind it .

Incredible Member

I certainly hope this ends up being "it" for them. It's taken long enough for the Batgirls to get a book now, and it's clearly one fans are interested in. Hopefully the back-ups will lead into a Batgirls series come December.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I certainly hope this ends up being "it" for them. It's taken long enough for the Batgirls to get a book now, and it's clearly one fans are interested in. Hopefully the back-ups will lead into a Batgirls series come December.
    Crossing my fingers .

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Well, besides the story in Batman: Urban Legends #5, when do they appear as a back-up feature in Batman?

Considering the November solicitations are just coming out, is it likely they'd already have their own title approved and solicited within about a month from now?
    Not saying it can't happen, just questioning how realistic that would be to happen that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, besides the story in Batman: Urban Legends #5, when do they appear as a back-up feature in Batman?

Considering the November solicitations are just coming out, is it likely they'd already have their own title approved and solicited within about a month from now?
    Not saying it can't happen, just questioning how realistic that would be to happen that quickly.
    They appear as back-up starting with the second Batman October Issue. The other two parts will be out in November.

December should be their title debut if DC uses the same release plan they use for Red Hood/Task Force Z. The last Task Force Z back-up is in September. Task Force Z the title releases in October.