Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1356

Thread: Batgirls

OMG! Steph's letter was so touching. So emotional, so personal. It was a great issue. When Cassandra was fighting those ninjas and we started seeing body parts falling apart I was like "Wait! Cass doesn't kill" but then it showed it wasn't her and I breathed. But what has happened to Steph? What has Cluemaster done to her?!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    OMG! Steph's letter was so touching. So emotional, so personal. It was a great issue. When Cassandra was fighting those ninjas and we started seeing body parts falling apart I was like "Wait! Cass doesn't kill" but then it showed it wasn't her and I breathed. But what has happened to Steph? What has Cluemaster done to her?!
    I'm on pins and needles for the next issue, especially with that awesome cover by Corona with Steph looking so mad at Cluemaster! And given that Cass was the only one who really appeared in the issue, I was really pleased at how the writing managed to keep Steph really present - fantastic stuff.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm on pins and needles for the next issue, especially with that awesome cover by Corona with Steph looking so mad at Cluemaster! And given that Cass was the only one who really appeared in the issue, I was really pleased at how the writing managed to keep Steph really present - fantastic stuff.
    Edgy Steph is coming! What a cliffhanger issue 14 left. Next month is going to be so big for me! Though I have to admit I do wonder how Steph would have "haunted" Cass in a fun way. Would she just like pop in on her at the worst of times to try and scare her? It's got me curious lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Edgy Steph is coming! What a cliffhanger issue 14 left. Next month is going to be so big for me! Though I have to admit I do wonder how Steph would have "haunted" Cass in a fun way. Would she just like pop in on her at the worst of times to try and scare her? It's got me curious lol.
    Well, there was that ghost Steph stuff at the end of Cass's Batgirl run!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Well, there was that ghost Steph stuff at the end of Cass's Batgirl run!
    I remember that ghost Steph. It was at such a depressing time.

I wish Case could be the permanent artist of this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish Case could be the permanent artist of this book.
    Well, as you know, I love Corona and Googe too. I do hope Case comes back, though! And that we have enough issues for him to need to come back!

Well, as you know, I love Corona and Googe too. I do hope Case comes back, though! And that we have enough issues for him to need to come back!
    Googe I'm more okay with than Corona at this point, but your mileage may vary .

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, Stephanie's letter is my favorite part in Batgirls #14. Cass was pretty cool in the issue, but the letter really moved me.
    Yeah. Makes you feel sorry for Steph. She's putting on a brave face, going out to fight villains as a Batgirl... but she's expecting to be killed in action and has made preparations for if that happens. Luckily, she's only been captured, not slain. If it had been Joker instead of Cluemaster it could very easily have been a different story.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

That art art and doing a Larry Hama style Silent Issue makes this three for three in the last couple months.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

So did anyone else notice that that was not where The Hill district is on the Gotham map? Where Cass wrote The Hill on the map is actually where Upper West Side, West Harlow and Beacon Tower are. Cherry Hill (aka The Hill) is actually on the western shore of the northern-most island, north of Arkham Island. Burnside is also written to be a bit to far north of its actual location at the entrance of Vincefinkel "Burnside" Bridge (unless Burnside actually runs along the entire western coastline).

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    So did anyone else notice that that was not where The Hill district is on the Gotham map? Where Cass wrote The Hill on the map is actually where Upper West Side, West Harlow and Beacon Tower are. Cherry Hill (aka The Hill) is actually on the western shore of the northern-most island, north of Arkham Island. Burnside is also written to be a bit to far north of its actual location at the entrance of Vincefinkel "Burnside" Bridge (unless Burnside actually runs along the entire western coastline).
    Sharp eyes! I'm not sure if the maps are still being passed around editorial like they should be!

#14 was an art flex. Pretty stunning. I don't necessarily like silent issues more or less, but i do like when writers let their artist tell story.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    #14 was an art flex. Pretty stunning. I don't necessarily like silent issues more or less, but i do like when writers let their artist tell story.
    Plus there's only a few characters where a silent issue would actually work due to how talkative most heroes are and the ones that are not usually at least have internal monologues (eg Batman, Martian Manhunter, usually all of the detective characters). Cass, however, is one of those silent characters.

Extraordinary Member

Batgirls #16 International Women's Day Variant by Lynne Yoshii