Page 18 of 91 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

We got three dickbabs variant covers plus barbara going to crash with dick and coming back next morning wearing his clothes lol
    So I guess we can assume Dick is surely going to play a relevant role in this run right ? Got a slight feeling the author will ship dickbabs hard too lmao

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    We got three dickbabs variant covers plus barbara going to crash with dick and coming back next morning wearing his clothes lol
    So I guess we can assume Dick is surely going to play a relevant role in this run right ? Got a slight feeling the author will ship dickbabs hard too lmao
    I think Conrad answered on Twitter that Dick will only be a regular/prominent in this book if he becomes Batgirl lol

Their relationship's officially already started, the first kiss was in Nightwing's first arc finale, the second during Fear State in front of their little brother and sisters, so he will be referenced, but the impression I got he's not going to be a major presence.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I think Conrad answered on Twitter that Dick will only be a regular/prominent in this book if he becomes Batgirl lol

Their relationship's officially already started, the first kiss was in Nightwing's first arc finale, the second during Fear State in front of their little brother and sisters, so he will be referenced, but the impression I got he's not going to be a major presence.
    but he may reoccur like he did back in the days with birds of prey

I think he'll be as relevant to the book as he is relevant to Babs.

Some of these variants are amazing. Really tempted to pick a one or two myself at one point. Can't remember the last time I physically bought a comic book

Extraordinary Member

Batgirls #1 Preview (Second Preview)
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Jorge Corona

Last edited by Hypo; 12-10-2021 at 01:41 PM.

I guess it's good Cass has made speaking progress and she still sounds like Cass, relatively.

Three girls living together! I think? When Babs' not with Dick.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh, I did not expect them to move to The Hill. That's where Jason lived when he moved back to Gotham right before Infinite Frontier, and since the writer and creator of The Hill will be back writing him, I was expecting him to return there too
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-10-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Is there anything Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad wrote that I should check out? I have never heard of them and bad writers could make me ignore comics with my favorite characters and great writers can make me love characters I never cared for.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    Is there anything Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad wrote that I should check out? I have never heard of them and bad writers could make me ignore comics with my favorite characters and great writers can make me love characters I never cared for.
    They are currently co-writing Wonder Woman and have been since Infinite Frontier started. They also co-wrote Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman and Doom Patrol: Weight of the Worlds #5 together.

Cloonan is primarily known as an artist but in terms of writing she co-wrote Gotham Academy with Brendan Fletcher and also did a stint on Punisher, other notable works would be her indie book By Chance or Providence.

Conrad's bibliography is a bit more limited but I enjoyed Double Walker, a comixology original he did with Noah Bailey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    They are currently co-writing Wonder Woman and have been since Infinite Frontier started. They also co-wrote Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman and Doom Patrol: Weight of the Worlds #5 together.

Cloonan is primarily known as an artist but in terms of writing she co-wrote Gotham Academy with Brendan Fletcher and also did a stint on Punisher, other notable works would be her indie book By Chance or Providence.

Conrad's bibliography is a bit more limited but I enjoyed Double Walker, a comixology original he did with Noah Bailey.
    Thanks. I'll check it out to get a feel for their work.

Liking the art, I'll check out the first issue.

This out yet?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This out yet?
    Define "out".

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batg...021/batgirls-1

Also, they've had some backup features prior to their own comic book being released on Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This out yet?
    Next week.