Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Extraordinary Member

Nell. Her admiration for Steph was adorable and she's been teased as the next generation of Batgirl after Steph and Cass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wouldn't mind an appearance by Riko Sheridan (from We Are Robin), who did meet Batgirl in the past (Barbara during her Burnside days).
    As long as they ignore the Signal Secret Files issue...

Extraordinary Member

Aside from Barbara, Cass, and Steph, what other past Batman-related / Gotham City-related characters would you maybe like to see show up in Batgirls?

I wouldn't mind an appearance by Riko Sheridan (from We Are Robin), who did meet Batgirl in the past (Barbara during her Burnside days).

Tiffany Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think I've ever actually seen this.

It was a really interesting series (back in the days of "DCYou").

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    As long as they ignore the Signal Secret Files issue...
    Uh oh . . .

I haven't read that issue; I've been thinking of seeing if they still have a copy next time I go to the comic book shop.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm okay with her being more experienced, but not so much older. I'm not a fan of aging in comics in general, and I liked Batgirl of Burnside.
    The problem is with Cass and Steph's ages, they're referenced as teenagers. Should Cass and Steph use their Post Crisis age, they'd be 23 and 22 now. Even if they use New 52 age, they should be 21.

While Babs, at the final issue of Rebirth was revealed to be late twenties. This matches her Late Post Crisis age, which was aged down to match Dick, plus the 4 years Damian has aged since then. Should they kept the Burnside age, she should be 25.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-02-2021 at 01:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member

926DB894-03CA-4386-96F1-04E8CF949778.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Tiffany Fox.
    Yes please

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The problem is with Cass and Steph's ages, they're referenced as teenagers. Should Cass and Steph use their Post Crisis age, they'd be 23 and 22 now. Even if they use New 52 age, they should be 21.

While Babs, at the final issue of Rebirth was revealed to be late twenties. This matches her Late Post Crisis age, which was aged down to match Dick, plus the 4 years Damian has aged since then. Should they kept the Burnside age, she should be 25.
    By the end of Post-Crisis weren't they (or at least Steph) 18-19-ish?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Nell. Her admiration for Steph was adorable and she's been teased as the next generation of Batgirl after Steph and Cass.
    I think Nell is a bit redundant when you have Tiffany Fox around. Both are young black females with pretty cheerful and upbeat personalities. But Tiffany has more connecting her to Characters in Gotham (Lucius, Luke, Jace etc) and has more story potential. I would not be surprised at all if we see Tiffany suit up at some point in the next two years.

I was super excited for this book but now I'm a bit disappointed and lost my excitement. I was hoping Batgirls would also star Babs as Batgirl too but it looks like she will just be Oracle and a side character. Also the tone of the book seems to be more leaning to the younger readers side when I had hoped it would be a serious series.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I was super excited for this book but now I'm a bit disappointed and lost my excitement. I was hoping Batgirls would also star Babs as Batgirl too but it looks like she will just be Oracle and a side character. Also the tone of the book seems to be more leaning to the younger readers side when I had hoped it would be a serious series.
    I guess it'll be interesting to compare it to Burnside or Steph's run, tone-wise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Also the tone of the book seems to be more leaning to the younger readers side when I had hoped it would be a serious series.
    From business point of view it's more logical to appeal to younger audience. It seems like now it's gonna be their direction with some Bat-Family titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    From business point of view it's more logical to appeal to younger audience. It seems like now it's gonna be their direction with some Bat-Family titles.
    I think just the issue is to make sure it doesn't clash tonally with the setting or the other Bat-books too much.

Astonishing Member

I think just the issue is to make sure it doesn't clash tonally with the setting or the other Bat-books too much.
    The villain of the first arc seems to be a serial killer. I don't think it would be so tonally different to other Bat-books, since the writers have mentioned it will have its dark topics.

Batgirls is an all age comics, so there are things they wouldn't show, but there are still many dark things they could show.

By the end of Post-Crisis weren't they (or at least Steph) 18-19-ish?
    Steph was in college, so yeah, she was 19. One year older than Tim, who was still at school when Red Robin started (though he dropped out in the end).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Uh oh . . .

I haven't read that issue; I've been thinking of seeing if they still have a copy next time I go to the comic book shop.
    Yeah, she's called Rook now. And you won't like why.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman