Page 14 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The villain of the first arc seems to be a serial killer. I don't think it would be so tonally different to other Bat-books, since the writers have mentioned it will have its dark topics.

Batgirls is an all age comics, so there are things they wouldn't show, but there are still many dark things they could show.
    Feels weird to use a serial killer in a supposed all ages comic, but okay...

Extraordinary Member

Reminder that the first Conrad/Cloonan/Corona Batgirls backup is in next week's Batman #115.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Reminder that the first Conrad/Cloonan/Corona Batgirls backup is in next week's Batman #115.
    Looking forward to it .

Extraordinary Member

Interview with Conrad/Cloonan and a preview of the Batman #115 backup.

Seems like they don't intend to shortchange Barbara in terms of focus or importance as a Batgirl, and it seems like they have Cass and Steph's personalities down .

Extraordinary Member

So what have people thought of the two backups so far?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

So what have people thought of the two backups so far?
    I have really enjoyed them, though they feel less independent and more connecting other pieces of Fear State than I expected. I love the art, and the writing is solid character stuff. I hope there will be some solid history as well in the ongoing.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Batgirls #1 Preview + Interview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Jorge Corona

Batgirls #1 Preview + Interview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Jorge Corona

That font really reminds me of the kids/young adult graphic novels.

I take it we're not going to see Cass knocking Steph out again.

I guess in order of the girls closest to Batman it would go Cass, Babs, and then Steph.

I'm curious how long they'll continue with this issue of Babs' chip because it seems like it's getting more pronounced.

Sounds like Bette has a good chance of showing up and maybe other Batgirls? Charlie? Tiffany?

I was excited when this book was first announced. But I am becoming more and more unhappy with it. Especially now because they are saying Babs will be in a chair again for some of it and other times using a cane.
    So by the sounds of it, Babs becoming Batgirl again and getting a cool new costume will not last long.
    Why go through all that trouble to take it away so soon?
    I am feeling very disappointed.

Can’t wait to read about Oracle rearranging cables under a desk. Sounds like they got big stuff in store for her, lol. Really show people how important she is.

Seriously though, talk about missing the point. The entire purpose of Oracle is to demonstrate that what happen to her and her disability won’t stop her or force her to take days off.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-13-2021 at 02:38 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I was excited when this book was first announced. But I am becoming more and more unhappy with it. Especially now because they are saying Babs will be in a chair again for some of it and other times using a cane.
    So by the sounds of it, Babs becoming Batgirl again and getting a cool new costume will not last long.
    Why go through all that trouble to take it away so soon?
    I am feeling very disappointed.
    You probably won't be too happy, but what they're saying is she's not going to be Batgirl full time, instead balancing it out with Oracle. In other words, on some occasions she'll be heading straight into the fray, in other's she'll be working behind the scenes. She'll still be part of the action, just not constantly. Or at least that's how I interpret it.

And Godlike, from the sounds of it, she will be forced to take some days off as Batgirl, but instead of sitting them out, she'll be acting as Oracle, which is from your own definition, the entire point of Oracle.

Of course, none of that really means either of you have to like it. It's up to your personal opinion.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 11-13-2021 at 02:43 AM.

That’s not acting as Oracle. Oracle didn’t take days off, or have to spend her days fixing cables. They are pretty clear that it’s important to them to show that Babs is disabled, but in their virtue signaling they seem to misunderstand that her being disabled isn’t supposed to impede her. That’s what she represents. That she can still be a hero regardless, and that her disability won’t stop or sideline her.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-13-2021 at 04:17 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That’s not acting as Oracle. Oracle didn’t take days off, or have to spend her days fixing cables. They are pretty clear that it’s important to them to show that Babs is disabled, but in there virtue signaling they seem to misunderstand that her being disabled isn’t supposed to impede her. That’s what she represents. That she can still be a hero regardless, and that he disability won’t stop or sideline her.
    But she's not taking days off. I feel I have to point that out. Fixing cables is something that she probably did do as Oracle, in fact she almost certainly did do so because it's necessary to operate as Oracle sometimes (we may focus on the action, but stuff like that is always needed to make the action possible regardless). You seem to be fixated on the exact words when the message is basically that she's going to have some days where she'll act as Batgirl, but other days where she'll act as Oracle, dependent on the state of her body at the time, but nevertheless she'll still be doing her very best to act as a hero.

Thats not the message of the words they used. Fixing cables is something probably Bruce does, but its certainly not important to show him having to do that. Because thats not what it is to act as Batman. Oracle shouldn't be her can't be Batgirl today identity. Oracle exist because her disability and mobility challenges wouldn't stop her. Off days, bad days, any days
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-13-2021 at 04:07 AM.