Page 15 of 91 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Thats not the message of the words they used. Fixing cables is something probably Batman does, but its certainly not important to show him having to do that. Because thats not what it is to act as Batman. Oracle shouldn't be her can't be Batgirl today identity. Oracle exist because her disability and mobility challenges wouldn't stop her. Off days, bad days, any days
    I feel you're interpreting the message to be something you're upset by. By which I mean whether she acts as Batgirl or Oracle is as much about what's needed as what state she's in. Like if someone needs to be doing background research and hacking, she'll be Oracle, but if there's something serious going down and they either need as many people on the ground as possible, or if she's the only one available, she'll be Batgirl. Naturally it's even more complex than that and just as much a matter of her preference for the day as necessity, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    I feel you're interpreting the message to be something you're upset by. By which I mean whether she acts as Batgirl or Oracle is as much about what's needed as what state she's in. Like if someone needs to be doing background research and hacking, she'll be Oracle, but if there's something serious going down and they either need as many people on the ground as possible, or if she's the only one available, she'll be Batgirl. Naturally it's even more complex than that and just as much a matter of her preference for the day as necessity, but still.
    They didn't say any of that though. Thats just more color coating based on what your assuming will be the case, but thats not what was actually said or the message behind what was said. Its just like the people trying to tell others that Babs would be an equal lead in this because that’s how they ideally assumed it would be despite it being evident that that wasn't going to be the case.
    Their message was about how they want to be genuine to Babs being disabled because of her status as disability representation. They didn't say anything about how she will actually operate beyond having off days and bad days because she is still disabled.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-13-2021 at 04:43 AM.

Fantastic Member

They didn't say any of that though. Thats just more color coating based on what your assuming will be the case, but thats not what was actually said or the message behind what what was said. Its just like the people trying to tell others that Babs would be and equal lead in this despite it being evident that that wasn't going to be the case. Their message was about how they want to be genuine to Babs being disabled because of her status as disability representation. They didn't say anything about how she will actually operate beyond having off days and bad days because she is still disabled.
    I'd like to point out that it sounds very much like you're doing the same. And you'll make some explanation to how that's so not the case, but at the end of the day, you're complaining because the way you've interpreted the interview is something you don't like the sound of. It's as simple as that and that's fine, but let's be clear that you could just as easily end up being wrong as I could be when the series is over and done with.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 11-13-2021 at 04:44 AM.

Im directly referencing what was said in the interview. I’m not assuming she will have off days, bad days, and days when she is just spending time fixing cables. We are specifically being told this will be the case because she is still disabled and that representation is important to them. This is all stuff this interview just flat out told us.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-13-2021 at 04:59 AM.

Fantastic Member

Im directly referencing what said in the interview. I’m not assuming she will have off days, bad days, and days when she is just spending time fixing cables. We are specifically being told this will be the case because she is still disabled and that representation is important to them.
    Yes, but you are taking that rather literally. The fixing cables for instance is clearly just an example that's not actually going to be something shown. I'm doing the same of course, which I'm sorry for, but the point we're getting hung up on the details when the message is basically that they're not going to ignore Babs can walk, nor that she needs an aid (i.e. the chip) to do so.

The writers have knowledge of Batgirl from B:TAS and Simone's Batgirl run so I don't see them slighting Babs at all even if she's in more of a mentor and supporting role here, but I guess if that's not enough for you you probably won't enjoy the title.

I don't think she's only Oracle on bad/off days, it's only to indicate the chip's effect on her at times.

Extraordinary Member

Things From Another World Retailer Exclusive Variant by Babs Tarr

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Things From Another World Retailer Exclusive Variant by Babs Tarr

Considering the tone of this, no surprise we'd get a Babs Tarr variant .

Looks really cute .

I better start catching up
    What’s issues of Batman are the Batgirls back-up

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Batman #115-#117

Extraordinary Member

the last 3 has the back ups

first issue next month

Barbra wearing the nightwing sweatshirt was cute

Should probably check out the Nightwing Fear State issues too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Batman #115-#117
    Now the question may be if you should spend the money on Tynion-written issues of Batman if you weren't already buying it, or do you wait to see if a Batgirls tpb collection will include those three back-up stories when they collect the first few issues of Batgirls?

DC included a preview of this in the Nubia book. Seems decent enough I’ll check it out despite not really caring or Cass and Steph and them being Bat-characters.

Extraordinary Member

Should probably check out the Nightwing Fear State issues too.
    Yep, these are definitely relevant as the final issue ends with a "To be continued in Batgirls #1".