Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Well if they do I wonder who's going to be in the party? Do we get huntress and Black Canary along with Babs, Steph and Cassandra? Is Harper coming back to join them?
    Not sure about which one I prefer... Anyway if we talk about a BATGIRL it should be Huntress

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Not sure about which one I prefer... Anyway if we talk about a BATGIRL it should be Huntress
    If we're bringing in Huntress then we should at least have BC to join in and have a mix of BOP, though I wonder if the focus is going to only be on the girls with Nightwing, Robin (Tim), Robin (Damian), Signal or RH coming in to guest with other people like Jace or Bruce.

If we're bringing in Huntress then we should at least have BC to join in and have a mix of BOP, though I wonder if the focus is going to only be on the girls with Nightwing, Robin (Tim), Robin (Damian), Signal or RH coming in to guest with other people like Jace or Bruce.
    I want both but.. I do not trust in DC enough to think that both are possible..

I think that Damian current situation can be used as excuse to avoid him as guest... The rest have more chances to appear if there is a BATGIRL comic.

Extraordinary Member

BC is going to be in Deathstroke

Incredible Member

I assume that the Batgirls would work on a similar model to BOP, but with Steph and Cass instead of Black Canary and Huntress.
    Robin and Nightwing occasionally appeared there, but they weren't part of the regular cast.

The current backups are just backups, they are not the actual story, but preparations, so I wouldn't be too worried that they don't seem to go on crazy adventures just yet.

With Bruce leaving Gotham, and the entire "Shadows of the bat" event, it seems to me like Tec' book may be more centered on the different forces at Gotham, so maybe that would be one of the places the batgirl would interact with all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I assume that the Batgirls would work on a similar model to BOP, but with Steph and Cass instead of Black Canary and Huntress.
    Robin and Nightwing occasionally appeared there, but they weren't part of the regular cast.

The current backups are just backups, they are not the actual story, but preparations, so I wouldn't be too worried that they don't seem to go on crazy adventures just yet.

With Bruce leaving Gotham, and the entire "Shadows of the bat" event, it seems to me like Tec' book may be more centered on the different forces at Gotham, so maybe that would be one of the places the batgirl would interact with all the others.
    And probably like Rebirth BoP in the sense that Babs will probably be out in the field herself at points.

Well given the Future State story, and now these back ups, i think were getting a good enough sense on how Batgirls will play out with Babs.

I am very interested in this.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Well given the Future State story, and now these back ups, i think were getting a good enough sense on how Batgirls will play out with Babs.
    I think Fear State will be a better indicator once she's suited up as Batgirl again.

What, you think Batgirls is gonna be a big Batfamily event now? The writing is on the wall, the writing has been on the wall, how much more do we need to see to get what the idea with Batgirls is going to be like and what Babs role will be. You keep towing that line, yet everything they have produced with Batgirls and Oracle since Joker War just continues to reinforce the obvious.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-14-2021 at 08:34 PM.

What, you think Batgirls is gonna be a big Batfamily event now? The writing is on the wall, the writing has been on the wall, how much more do we need to see to get what the idea with Batgirls is going to be like and what Babs role will be. You keep towing that line, yet everything they have produced with Batgirls and Oracle since Joker War just continues to reinforce the obvious.
    I guess I have different expectations? I don't think the new Batgirl costume is going to be underutilized.

Which would be what? Babs just being Batgirl again and that she's giving up the Role of Oracle, or that she's going to only wind up as Oracle?

What she actually calls herself will be more or less irrelevant. She’ll be the Shepard, much like her function was in their respective series’ before, and not the BoP model. She be whatever help facilitate them best.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-15-2021 at 12:09 AM.

BANNED

Told you so.

The costume’s just there to sell covers. Tyrion’s had no interest in letting Babs be Batgirl, or anything more than a supportive function for other characters.

What she actually calls herself will be more or less irrelevant. She’ll be the Shepard, much like her function was in their respective series’ before, and not the BoP model. She be whatever help facilitate them best.
    Is there something wrong with that though? Part of the aspect that made Babs unique was that she was willing to let the other girls get to take on the Legacy of Batgirl. I can still see her going on the field from time to time if there's a big enough threat.