Page 20 of 91 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    But do Cass fans like how she was written? She comes across as a completely different character in terms of not being this emotionally stunted person from her old characterization. I don't really read much Cass, but this was very different to what I've read before. She just reads like a normal teenager I guess.
    Old Cass from before Flashpoint was incredibly well adjusted, considering her upbringing. She was quirky and kind of awkward, but was a normal teenage girl underneath it all (most prominently showcased in the Gabrych run). Rebirth Cass is definitely a lot more emotionally stunted in comparison, and was quite honestly a wreck most of the time. So I don't think it necessarily lines up with her Rebirth self, but it is Infinite Frontier now... so who knows?

So how old was Stephanie when she was dating Tim?

I wasn’t expecting any Babs as Batgirl, but there’s pretty much no Babs as even Oracle. Her role is just full on Batgirls babysitter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So how old was Stephanie when she was dating Tim?
    Michael Conrad has said that Becky Cloonan misspoke that part. Stephanie and Cassandra aren't so young like 13-14.

I guess the age for Stephanie and Cassandra would be 16-17. So, Tim should be in that age range too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I wasn’t expecting any Babs as Batgirl, but there’s pretty much no Babs as even Oracle. Her role is just full on Batgirls babysitter.
    True, as a Babs fan, it was disappointing. She wasn't Batgirl, she wasn't Oracle, she was a mom of two teenagers.
    It was so unlike how she's portrayed in Nightwing that I have no clue how they are going to make her work in the two books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Michael Conrad has said that Becky Cloonan misspoke that part. Stephanie and Cassandra aren't so young like 13-14.

I guess the age for Stephanie and Cassandra would be 16-17. So, Tim should be in that age range too.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jesswchen...56980647157764

Future solicits teased some Babs exclusive stuff.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So that's what? 28 and 18? What the heck is older young and younger old?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So that's what? 28 and 18? What the heck is older young and younger old?
    So, I took this to mean: "older young Millenial" - the bottom of the Millenial age bracket, putting Babs around 24-25 - and "younger old Gen Z" (aka Zoomer) - the top of the Zoomer age bracket, putting Steph and Cass around 16-20 (I'm going with 16-17, since those are the ages we've had for Steph and Cass since Batman Eternal and Batman and Robin Eternal, and it fits with Steph being a year older than forever 16 year old Tim. Cass SHOULD be older, but she lost a lot of years with Flashpoint).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

she destroyed her network, she has to rebuild, they are using walkie talkies for now

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Future solicits teased some Babs exclusive stuff.
    Any hint on what it might be about ?
    Gail Simone said a few days ago on tt she was writing some Barbara stuff
    Y'know it would be cool to see Barbara temporarily taking Dick's role as bludhaven's protector while Dick recovers from his showdown with blockbuster, I just feel like bludhaven needs oracle a lot more than gotham rn lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    Any hint on what it might be about ?
    Gail Simone said a few days ago on tt she was writing some Barbara stuff
    Y'know it would be cool to see Barbara temporarily taking Dick's role as bludhaven's protector while Dick recovers from his showdown with blockbuster, I just feel like bludhaven needs oracle a lot more than gotham rn lol
    I think she meets a villain at some kind of function.

Incredible Member

Yeah not a fan of this version of Cas. Much prefer her in her original Batgirl series. Too be honest I liked it better when she was mute. Due to her upbringing I thought it makes a lot more sense she would be dealing with communication issues and be a little emotionally troubled. It brings a interesting and unique dynamic to the Batfamily.

Honestly the Young Justice version was my favorite so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Yeah not a fan of this version of Cas. Much prefer her in her original Batgirl series. Too be honest I liked it better when she was mute. Due to her upbringing I thought it makes a lot more sense she would be dealing with communication issues and be a little emotionally troubled. It brings a interesting and unique dynamic to the Batfamily.

Honestly the Young Justice version was my favorite so far.
    I loved Cass OG series, just picked up the final issue to complete the run. But characters grow and she learned to talk, kind of hard to go back at this point.

I did like the book so far, despite a few nitpicks. Not a huge fan of the art. I did like a lot of the Steph/Cass moments, but Steph bordered on annoying and Cass almost seemed devoid of character.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I loved Cass OG series, just picked up the final issue to complete the run. But characters grow and she learned to talk, kind of hard to go back at this point.

I did like the book so far, despite a few nitpicks. Not a huge fan of the art. I did like a lot of the Steph/Cass moments, but Steph bordered on annoying and Cass almost seemed devoid of character.
    Yeah, I don't want Cass to be mute, but I think she should have a very distinct, kind of curt and to the point, speaking style.