Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    I don't really know but can't you go out with a friend to have some coffee and chat about the week and it still be called a date ?
    Like I said, having a "date" use to mean possibly leading up to a romantic relationship back in the day (back in the last century) when I was younger.

Incredible Member

Paulina Ganucheau posted this partial image to Twitter, hinting it may be a cover. She's scheduled to draw the International Women's Day cover for #4 so I would guess this is from that:

Paulina Ganucheau.jpg

https://twitter.com/PlinaGanucheau/s...20370819158018

Like the Rian Gonzales variants, this is cute. The question is, how old are the Batgirls? They are mature late teens on some covers, early teens (or younger) on others. This treatment doesn't happen to any other DC characters in the comics, does it? The Super Sons are drawn young - they ARE young. What other young adults are being drawn as children?

Then there's the work Ivan Rodriguez has done for the covers of Detective #1047 and #1050, where the Batgirls are clearly older than in their own book (covers or interiors), and look right to me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Paulina Ganucheau posted this partial image to Twitter, hinting it may be a cover. She's scheduled to draw the International Women's Day cover for #4 so I would guess this is from that:

Paulina Ganucheau.jpg

https://twitter.com/PlinaGanucheau/s...20370819158018

Like the Rian Gonzales variants, this is cute. The question is, how old are the Batgirls? They are mature late teens on some covers, early teens (or younger) on others. This treatment doesn't happen to any other DC characters in the comics, does it? The Super Sons are drawn young - they ARE young. What other young adults are being drawn as children?

Then there's the work Ivan Rodriguez has done for the covers of Detective #1047 and #1050, where the Batgirls are clearly older than in their own book (covers or interiors), and look right to me.
    Seems very much like how Tim is doing, sometimes appearing younger than Damian and sometimes looking like a grown-up.
    I think it was confirmed in one of UL solicitations that Steph and Cass are teenagers, but we didn't get a definite age, then the author said they were extremely young, then took it back, but I don't think that their age was acknowledged in the books.

I feel like we're going to keep debating these ages until the cows come home .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Seems very much like how Tim is doing, sometimes appearing younger than Damian and sometimes looking like a grown-up.
    I think it was confirmed in one of UL solicitations that Steph and Cass are teenagers, but we didn't get a definite age, then the author said they were extremely young, then took it back, but I don't think that their age was acknowledged in the books.
    If Roy haper had his baby retconed back into existence perhaps Stephanie should get her back too. They they can’t deafening her anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If Roy haper had his baby retconed back into existence perhaps Stephanie should get her back too. They they can’t deafening her anymore
    I guess they could just casually mention she was a teen mom and gave the baby away...although not sure that's something you just casually mention...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they could just casually mention she was a teen mom and gave the baby away...although not sure that's something you just casually mention...
    If she gonna be 16 forever why not.

If she gonna be 16 forever why not.
    If the comic runs long enough...

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

But not Batgirls
    Yes, but I don't think she's showing up in Batgirls.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I finally received my first issue, but I am sadly disappointed. I am not a fan of the art style. It looks too much like the art from Babs Tarr when she was on Batgirl of Burnside. I never liked it, its too childish and messy in my opinion.
    I wish we would have had a more serious comic with more realistic art.
    I also would have hoped Babs would have been Batgirl and would have been apart of the action.
    I'll continue to give it a chance but so far I feel let down.

Extraordinary Member

Batgirls #2 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Jorge Corona

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batgirls #2 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Jorge Corona

That link to the preview pages doesn't work for me.

Here's one that I think should work:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/07/dc...ew-batgirls-2/

The only thing about #2 that I like so far are the two variant covers.

The first panel on page 1 gives me a migraine to even look at. And good luck with the purple text on purple boxes on purple buildings under purple skies.

By the way, since the issue starts off with narration, a question I've had but forgot to ask about #1 is WHO IS SPEAKING? There's been first person narration, and where is it coming from?

This issue starts "Don't remember how we got into this situation? Let's get you caught up."

WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?

Since this talking head refers to the Batgirls as "our Batgirls" - then is the narrator Barbara?

Or is it Cloonan or Conrad?

Or, are Cloonan and Conrad talking in unison?

Maybe it's Harley Quinn, since she has been writing her own solicitations in first person since the reboot last March, and she narrates to nobody in particular for 8 of her 22 pages each month. (I guess she's telling her story to Stephanie Phillips, who transcribes it for us.)

Maybe it's Ambush Bug.

At least she acknowledged the codename situation .

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm not a huge fan of the art, but it does remind me (very slightly) of Scott McDaniel or Damon Scott, just not as clean. The story (at least in the first issue) was good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least she acknowledged the codename situation .
    Yeah, this is a cliffhanger!