Page 25 of 91 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Yeh I'm not a fan of the art or how Babs is being treated. I also hate that Babs isn't Batgirl in it, hopefully she will suit up soon. I just wish this was taken more seriously and it was more mature.

Extraordinary Member

Normally I complain about comics be to slow paced. But Batgirls has imo the opposite problem, with so many different new villains and a lot of them not connected with each other it feels to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    That kind of sucks, that you wait so long for a book with one of your favourite characters and it's not your cup of tea. Out of curiosity, do you plan on continuing with it?
    Im afraid not. Im still keeping my eye out though so if they decide to switch directions I might give it a go again.

Thanks for answering, I used to feel kind of obligated to buy runs with my favs in it, to "support" them but stopped a few years ago. It's expensive and life's to short to keep reading stuff you don't enjoy

Ah I used to do that too. But if you think about it never makes sense. If you keep buying your basically saying that you are fine with the way the things are so you are actually contradicting yourself because you are not fine with it.
    Now if not selling well is used as the reason for the higher ups to cancel something and put a character on the backburner well then so be it. I have gotten to the point where I rather read 1 good appearance from my faves rather than 2 or 3 mediocre or even bad ones.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I understand that, and I think that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do with your own money and to preserve your own piece of mind. I personally am still really enjoying Batgirls, and most of Steph's appearances, so I'm buying most of them (though not all).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I enjoy some of the humor on the book (the car/scooter thing, Cass wearing shades in the car, Cass' robe), and I think they do OK with Cass, but they are off on Steph and Babs. There is some very bad dialogue in the book as well.

I find the art awful, it's hard to even figure out what's going on sometimes in a panel awful.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Ah I used to do that too. But if you think about it never makes sense. If you keep buying your basically saying that you are fine with the way the things are so you are actually contradicting yourself because you are not fine with it.
    Now if not selling well is used as the reason for the higher ups to cancel something and put a character on the backburner well then so be it. I have gotten to the point where I rather read 1 good appearance from my faves rather than 2 or 3 mediocre or even bad ones.
    100%. This book is just not doing it for me. I think Barbara has been more enjoyable to read in Nightwing and this version of Cass is not working for me. I do not like he general tone and direction for Cass. Her and Steph feel 14.

Well scripts for first few issues were probably already written before they got the backlash for saying that Cass/Stepth are 13-14 years old. So maybe in next few months we'll see some adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    100%. This book is just not doing it for me. I think Barbara has been more enjoyable to read in Nightwing and this version of Cass is not working for me. I do not like he general tone and direction for Cass. Her and Steph feel 14.
    They do feel young, hopefully this changes in the next few issues

Extraordinary Member

I like this book. It's fun and the art is absolutely kinetic. With the exception of the initial Puckett run of Cass' book, I generally think going "grim 'n' gritty on either a Robin or Batgirl book is a bad idea.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Seems like I'm one of the only ones liking Barbara in the Batgirls series.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well scripts for first few issues were probably already written before they got the backlash for saying that Cass/Stepth are 13-14 years old. So maybe in next few months we'll see some adjustments.
    13-14!?!?! Is DC out of their minds??? Why do they keep doing this
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    13-14!?!?! Is DC out of their minds??? Why do they keep doing this
    To be clear, Becky Cloonan said they were 13 and 14 in the interview, but Michael Conrad said they were older. Also, Jorge Corona said they were around 16 and 17.

FGmjqEMX0AMBAA4.jpg

After that, Michael Conrad also clarified in twitter that Becky Clonan exagerated when she says 14, Stephanie and Cassandra weren't so young.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-17-2022 at 06:23 AM.

The Teen Bat-Trio's ages are constantly fluctuating depending on the story/writer.