Page 27 of 91 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I actually think this tone fits Steph pretty well, and Cass is making me laugh. Take Babs out of this and I’d probably say I was enjoying it.
    Yeah. This is exactly what I'd expect from a Steph book. I'm hoping we get more to reflect the fact that it's a Cass book too, but overall I'm still really enjoying it. Right now I'm just happy that these two are being given some love.

Extraordinary Member

Batgirls #3 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Jorge Corona

Batgirls vs Discount Arkham Scarecrow!

I thought Cass was going to punch Steph again...

Oh yeah, they do both have terrible dads. I kind of forget about that. Babs is like the only one with a good dad.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batgirls vs Discount Arkham Scarecrow!

I thought Cass was going to punch Steph again...

Oh yeah, they do both have terrible dads. I kind of forget about that. Babs is like the only one with a good dad.
    I like that Steph and Cass were able to break the conditioning together, and the reference to the bad dads is the kind of historical reference I'm hoping to see more of.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Batgirls #3 Variant by Kim Jacinto

Batgirls WIP by Jorge Jimenez:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CZpaRU7KnUy/
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Batgirls WIP by Jorge Jimenez:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CZpaRU7KnUy/
    There's been no better artist on Batman in recent years in my mind than Jorge, and just imagine if his stunning work and serious treatment was applied to Batgirls! We'd have formidable heroes, not an eccentric kind of vaudeville act. And we'd have his gorgeous take on Barbara too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    There's been no better artist on Batman in recent years in my mind than Jorge, and just imagine if his stunning work and serious treatment was applied to Batgirls! We'd have formidable heroes, not an eccentric kind of vaudeville act. And we'd have his gorgeous take on Barbara too.
    I suspect Jorge Jimenez is considered too big for Batgirls (or other Batfamily members).

Also, I suspect DC would use Barbara if they want to tell an "adult" story with a Batgirl comic. Batgirls comic exists because they want to appeal a younger audience, so they use Stephanie and Cassandra (who are tounger than Barbara).
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-07-2022 at 07:03 AM.

I would love Jorge on anything, but I really doubt that most titles that aren't directly in his interest (that is, Damian or Superman) could afford him longterm.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

New issue today!

Incredible Member

Several of the reviews of #3 state directly, or imply, that this is a limited series. As far as I know, this is an ongoing. Has there been any evidence that this is a mini?

I always look through solicits and DC Connect, and they are both pretty clear when something is a limited series, as are main covers.

Several of the reviews of #3 state directly, or imply, that this is a limited series. As far as I know, this is an ongoing. Has there been any evidence that this is a mini?

I always look through solicits and DC Connect, and they are both pretty clear when something is a limited series, as are main covers.
    I haven't seen anything indicating this is limited.

Incredible Member

I think Task force z was also stated somewhere to be a 12 issues maxi but it seems like an ongoing.
    Batgirls do seem to be an ongoing. Is it possible that sales could shorten an ongoing into a one arc mini?

He has really grown on me, I didn't care for him too much at first. I still like Daniels and March better, but Jorge is doing a great job.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

#3 was better. Cass' robe was pretty funny, and the coffee bit got me.