Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    BATGIRLS #9
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN and MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    Art by JONATHAN CASE
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    Variant cover by SWEENEY BOO
    1:25 variant cover by RIAN GONZALES
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/9/22
    After what happened with Seer, there's no time to waste for the Batgirls as they go
    Batgirling back into detective mode! And this new murder hits even closer to home— literally! As Steph, Cass, and Babs are racing to put the clues together about who might be the Hill Ripper, they get an unexpected visit. Who doesn't love a killer fight scene? Yet with all this murder going on, Steph still manages to get her flirt on!
    I'm on board. Can't wait to see Steph get her flirt on to win the day!

Well, I want Steph to be happy and it's probably better that she doesn't wallow in her recent breakup with Tim (and I'm also getting Bryan Q. Miller Batgirl vibes) but I'm curious who she's flirting with and if they're a legitimate love interest.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    BATGIRLS #9
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN and MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    Art by JONATHAN CASE
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    Variant cover by SWEENEY BOO
    1:25 variant cover by RIAN GONZALES
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/9/22
    After what happened with Seer, there's no time to waste for the Batgirls as they go
    Batgirling back into detective mode! And this new murder hits even closer to home— literally! As Steph, Cass, and Babs are racing to put the clues together about who might be the Hill Ripper, they get an unexpected visit. Who doesn't love a killer fight scene? Yet with all this murder going on, Steph still manages to get her flirt on!
    So after 2 fill-in issues drawn by Robbi Rodriguez, this will be drawn by Jonathan Case.

I hunted around a bit to see some of his work. Some of what I found: He drew (and colored, and lettered) a story in Catwoman 80th - "The Catwoman of Earth" written by Jeff Parker; and he drew a half-dozen or so issues for Batman '66.

Looking at his Instagram, he draws in a number of different styles, and can employ a cartoony style that may be the one we'll see in this issue.

Sarah Stern's coloring choices are (for better or worse, so YMMV) so influential in how this particular book looks that, if she colors the next few issues, it will be interesting to see how different the book can look and feel with different line art.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    So after 2 fill-in issues drawn by Robbi Rodriguez, this will be drawn by Jonathan Case.

I hunted around a bit to see some of his work. Some of what I found: He drew (and colored, and lettered) a story in Catwoman 80th - "The Catwoman of Earth" written by Jeff Parker; and he drew a half-dozen or so issues for Batman '66.

Looking at his Instagram, he draws in a number of different styles, and can employ a cartoony style that may be the one we'll see in this issue.

Sarah Stern's coloring choices are (for better or worse, so YMMV) so influential in how this particular book looks that, if she colors the next few issues, it will be interesting to see how different the book can look and feel with different line art.
    I loved Cases art on Batman '66 .

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I want Steph to be happy and it's probably better that she doesn't wallow in her recent breakup with Tim (and I'm also getting Bryan Q. Miller Batgirl vibes) but I'm curious who she's flirting with and if they're a legitimate love interest.
    If it is,im betting on Not Tim (looks like Tim, acts like Tim, but not named Tim), or they go with like Anarchy or something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    If it is,im betting on Not Tim (looks like Tim, acts like Tim, but not named Tim), or they go with like Anarchy or something.
    OMG, I would love it if it were Anarky!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    No. Please no. It was bad enough in Detective Comics.....

Extraordinary Member

Anarky was killed in "I am Batman"

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Anarky was killed in "I am Batman"
    Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about that...poor Lonnie .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post

While the August solicit does say Jonathan Case is drawing #9, I just happened to read the "DC vs. Vampires: Hunters" one-shot which came out this week, and looked up info about the artist Neil Googe. Turns out Googe just announced on Instagram and Twitter that he's drawing a 4-issue arc of Batgirls starting with #9.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd8di6lK0I-/

Maybe Googe meant starting with #10, or maybe the solicitation is wrong.

I didn't know this, but Jorge Corona won't be doing any more interiors. In his Instagram post of May 17, he noted "from issue 7 and forward I'll work only on covers for the series. Unfortunately some schedule commitments made me have to step back from interiors." He reiterates that this was his call to make.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdqgTFbLOrm/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    No. Please no. It was bad enough in Detective Comics.....
    While Anarky didn't appeal to me much in his initial appearances, I think him and Steph are just opposite enough that I think I could see a fun amount of sparks. I'll be honest, I never really saw much between her and Tim (and that's just not because he has a boyfriend now).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Mighty Member

While Anarky didn't appeal to me much in his initial appearances, I think him and Steph are just opposite enough that I think I could see a fun amount of sparks. I'll be honest, I never really saw much between her and Tim (and that's just not because he has a boyfriend now).
    Tim already provides that. How much have you read about her and Tim?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Tim already provides that. How much have you read about her and Tim?
    All of Dixon's run. I honestly just never saw the appeal of Steph. At least until she started teaming up with Cass.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 05-27-2022 at 01:52 PM.

That's kind of interesting because I feel like Tim and Lonnie are pretty similar, granted Lonnie's a little more extreme.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's kind of interesting because I feel like Tim and Lonnie are pretty similar, granted Lonnie's a little more extreme.
    I can see this. They're both super smart and tech savvy. And I don't think either are particularly content to merely uphold the status quo and would rather change things for the better.