Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I would really love to see Flamebird become part of this title.

And a story arc that includes Babs, Cass, Steph, Harper, Helena Bertinelli, Bette Kane and Kate Kane would extremely fun.
    It would be nice for someone to remember Bette exists.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be nice for someone to remember Bette exists.
    On one hand it would be nice to see Bette remembered. On the other hand I feel like team books in which the group size of main characters gets beyond three or four become clown cars and unsatisfying for fans of any specific character.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Somehow when I was listing my personal DC timeline even though I put Bette as first Batgirl, I put her in Nightwing and Flamebird instead of Batgirls for my launch titles. Batgirls would've been better. Thanks. (runs off to the other thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    On one hand it would be nice to see Bette remembered. On the other hand I feel like team books in which the group size of main characters gets beyond three or four become clown cars and unsatisfying for fans of any specific character.
    I don't disagree. I'd just like to see her finally out of West Point .

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    Yeah. I would like to see Bette and Charlie and a few others show up as clients or guest star team ups - the book needs to get a better handle on the main three firmly and consistently before I'd say I want to grow the team on an ongoing basis.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Batgirls #8 Preview
    Writer: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Robbi Rodriguez

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Let's see if part 2 is better than part 1. I hope so! But I really just wish we were on the next arc, with the next artist, and KyleSteph shipping.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

That's some peak Dick and Babs flirting .

Actually I don't even think this is their first iceberg lounge date.

Is it wrong that I want Lulu to turn out to be a bad guy to fight them with?

(I can believe Dick had his suit under his tux but how much did Babs need to change into her costume? I guess she could've at least been wearing the pants under her dress).

Incredible Member

(I can believe Dick had his suit under his tux but how much did Babs need to change into her costume? I guess she could've at least been wearing the pants under her dress).
    I always wonder what's weirder - to wear your boots inside your shoes, or put your boots on over your shoes! But thinking about this is on the same level as wondering why no one recognizes characters with only their domino masks on. Or recognizes Barbara just from her hair (red hair is very rare!). We are not supposed to think about it.

Maybe they should all be like Barry on the CW Flash - is there anyone in Central City who does NOT know who he is? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I always wonder what's weirder - to wear your boots inside your shoes, or put your boots on over your shoes! But thinking about this is on the same level as wondering why no one recognizes characters with only their domino masks on. Or recognizes Barbara just from her hair (red hair is very rare!). We are not supposed to think about it.

Maybe they should all be like Barry on the CW Flash - is there anyone in Central City who does NOT know who he is? I don't think so.
    Well, there's two redheaded vigilante's in Gotham. They can't all be Barbara Gordon .

Also...Vicki Vale is also a redhead. Could she be Batgirl !?

The cloak is detachable and the boots foldable, but usually Babs carry a backpack, not just a purse

Other than that, infiltrate earlier and place your gear on the elevator roof when doing recon so you can use it during the actual heist

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post

Kamala Khan is a very good example of that problem. She only wears a domino mask as Ms. Marvel. In the comics, her mother and her friends have found out long before she admits it. In the TV show, one of her friends catches her red handed using her powers without even having the mask on, she's very sloppy at keeping the secret identity.

The bat family seem to do a better job of it, though honestly, CCTV and facial recognition software should've long since caught them out (I wonder if Bendis realised this, and is why he had Superman outed - his glasses in his civilian identity are no better than a domino mask). Cass has the right idea wearing a face concealing mask instead of a domino or cowl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala Khan is a very good example of that problem. She only wears a domino mask as Ms. Marvel. In the comics, her mother and her friends have found out long before she admits it. In the TV show, one of her friends catches her red handed using her powers without even having the mask on, she's very sloppy at keeping the secret identity.

The bat family seem to do a better job of it, though honestly, CCTV and facial recognition software should've long since caught them out (I wonder if Bendis realised this, and is why he had Superman outed - his glasses in his civilian identity are no better than a domino mask). Cass has the right idea wearing a face concealing mask instead of a domino or cowl.
    Oracle's supposed to erase all recordings and these days should be able to scramble facial recognition so any superheroes became undetectable, not just Bat fam

I'm so happy to finally see Babs in her Batgirl suit again. It would be amazing if we had all 3 Batgirls fighting side by side more often in the BATGIRLS book.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I'm so happy to finally see Babs in her Batgirl suit again. It would be amazing if we had all 3 Batgirls fighting side by side more often in the BATGIRLS book.
    I just wish I liked the suit more...