Page 42 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

It's better than the Murphy suit and the Burnside suit at least. Her New 52 "armor" was my favorite.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I have to say, I really liked the Murphy suit. I like dominos, and I love the grey and yellow color scheme. I don't hate the Burnside suit, but the new suit feels like "the same but different in ways that are irrelevant and don't make it better". The n52 armor annoyed me because it felt like they stole the ribbed sides element from Steph's costume.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Will the OG Robin costume ever live down being used as effectively women's underwear?

(That counts as a boyfriend shirt, right?).
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    It's better than the Murphy suit and the Burnside suit at least. Her New 52 "armor" was my favorite.
    I too miss the New 52 suit.

I liked the Murphy suit but hated the domino mask, if that suit had a cowl I would have liked it much more.

The Burnside suit was ok, not a huge fan especially when Babs was drawn like a little kid and acted all immature. When artists drew her like an adult it improved the suit.

Her new suit is cool, I love the cowl, the white eyes and the beautiful long Cape.

But overall the new 52 armoured suit was perfect and is definitely my most favourite. I am still so upset they got rid of it.

I just really don't like how she's wearing pants and a jacket again. Especially when the younger girls are wearing legit costumes.

(Also not sure how I feel about the white eyes).

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I have to say, I really liked the Murphy suit. I like dominos, and I love the grey and yellow color scheme. I don't hate the Burnside suit, but the new suit feels like "the same but different in ways that are irrelevant and don't make it better". The n52 armor annoyed me because it felt like they stole the ribbed sides element from Steph's costume.
    I'd say I agree with that, I just thought the mask was dumb, and wouldn't hide who she was from people that know Bab's.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

I'd say I agree with that, I just thought the mask was dumb, and wouldn't hide who she was from people that know Bab's.
    I don't really understand the complaints that Barbara's mask in Murphy suit doesn't hide Barbara's identity. I mean, we accept that Robin and Nightwing could hide their identities with a domino mask.

Also, previous Bat cowls of Barbara (where you can see her eyes) don't really hide her identity so much either.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't really understand the complaints that Barbara's mask in Murphy suit doesn't hide Barbara's identity. I mean, we accept that Robin and Nightwing could hide their identities with a domino mask.

Also, previous Bat cowls of Barbara (where you can see her eyes) don't really hide her identity so much either.
    Well, it obscures everything but her skin color, eyes, and hair but those probably aren't enough to make an ID.

So, is there any chance that blade barfer could return as a recurring villain for Batgirls?

That's a good point! She has a great gimmick, though no real personality in this appearance.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Honestly she's just the weirdo kind of villain that would be perfect to return and fight the Batgirls. The gimmick could lend itself to some interesting situations, unique fights and funny banter. Not to mention she's got such a cool name.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Honestly she's just the weirdo kind of villain that would be perfect to return and fight the Batgirls. The gimmick could lend itself to some interesting situations, unique fights and funny banter. Not to mention she's got such a cool name.
    I had to look it up.

So for the official record in this thread, let's add that her full name, which is a cool name, is:

The Baroness of Blades: Lulu Laroux, Sword Swallower Extraordinaire!

(This thing she does is a real act, and it's quite dangerous (as well as obviously gross). Don't try it at home.)

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I had to look it up.

So for the official record in this thread, let's add that her full name, which is a cool name, is:

The Baroness of Blades: Lulu Laroux, Sword Swallower Extraordinaire!

(This thing she does is a real act, and it's quite dangerous (as well as obviously gross). Don't try it at home.)
    The Baroness of Blades! Sword Swallower! And of course Blade Barfer! I really hope Lulu returns as a enemy the Batgirls face again. I wanna see her and Steph form a grudge rivalry. I can see Lulu hate being called "Blade Barfer" lol. Please let it happen.

Mighty Member

BATGIRLS #11
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN and MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    Art by NEIL GOOGE
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    Variant cover by AUDREY MOK
    1:25 variant cover by RIAN GONZALES
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 10/11/22
    The Batgirls get help from none other than Gotham Academy’s very own Maps Mizoguchi and her brother Kyle to help decipher a clue they found that could help reveal who the killer behind all the Hill murders is, which leads them straight into…the city zoo…

Sounds pretty cool! Love that cover with Maps and Kyle! I wonder who that guy is. Firefly or Killer Moth?