Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Loved Cass and Map's adventure, they have a great comradery

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Loved Cass and Map's adventure, they have a great comradery
    I totally agree. I wouldn't mind Maps becoming a semi regular in this book.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I totally agree. I wouldn't mind Maps becoming a semi regular in this book.
    That would be pretty sweet!

Also, I picked up my copy of Batgirls vol 1: One Way Or Another last night, and it was super cool to have it on the shelf next to my Steph Batgirl trades!

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

So I noticed a Easter Egg photo in Gotham Knights last night. Its amongst the right-hand screens of the main computer in the Belfry; its a picture of two girls and Barbara in her wheel chair. Now one girl is blond and the other is raven-haired, however I'm not sure whether they are Dinah and Helena (Birds of Prey reference) or Stephanie and Cass (Batgirls reference). Any players of the game want to take a swing at who they are? I'll post a screenshot later.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    So I noticed a Easter Egg photo in Gotham Knights last night. Its amongst the right-hand screens of the main computer in the Belfry; its a picture of two girls and Barbara in her wheel chair. Now one girl is blond and the other is raven-haired, however I'm not sure whether they are Dinah and Helena (Birds of Prey reference) or Stephanie and Cass (Batgirls reference). Any players of the game want to take a swing at who they are? I'll post a screenshot later.

They are Dinah and Helena. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That would be pretty sweet!

Also, I picked up my copy of Batgirls vol 1: One Way Or Another last night, and it was super cool to have it on the shelf next to my Steph Batgirl trades!

That's a sweet Steph Batgirl collection. I certainly wanna get the Batgirls trades for sure.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Dark Crisis YJ with the same author isn't selling that well either being first 67, 72, and 92 in June, July, and August. Damian's series hasn't been selling well for a while either and he's currently more popular than Tim.
    Every issue of Damian's series is resolicited every month so it was selling well up till it's last issue Sue to the titles release date each issue's sales data ends up split between 2 months.

Also noticed that Steph seems to be moving on from Tim as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Attachment 124527

They need to do something to make this book pop more
    I don’t know what but something
    Batgirls just like Robin has it's sales split between 2 months on this site. It's important when citing this site as evidence to check for resolicited issues [the sites analysis doesn't take into account the fact that sales data is split even we can see that Batgirls and Robin always show up twice in the top 200 every month

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Also noticed that Steph seems to be moving on from Tim as well.

Too bad the series doesn't explore her perspective on the breakup or really give any weight to her relationship with Tim but then again the Tim series didn't as well...........Real talk both of them got over the breakup WAY too fast. I mean being dead and away in Africa didn't stop both of them from having lingering feeling for one another. During Batgirl 2009 and Red Robin even after Steph made it clear she didn't want to get back with Tim at the moment both the writers and series showed there was still something there between them. It all feels artificial. Like there doesn't need to be angst or Steph be pinning for Tim still but more weight was needed.
    Last edited by NOCTPHOENIX; 11-02-2022 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Too bad the series doesn't explore her perspective on the breakup or really give any weight to her relationship with Tim but then again the Tim series didn't as well...........Real talk both of them got over the breakup WAY too fast. I mean being dead and away in Africa didn't stop both of them from having lingering feeling for one another. During Batgirl 2009 and Red Robin even after Steph made it clear she didn't want to get back with Tim at the moment both the writers and series showed there was still something there between them. It all feels artificial. Like there doesn't need to be angst or Steph be pinning for Tim still but more weight was needed.
    Don't expect this series to explore that breakup. This is a team book. I think it's time we accept that it was handled poorly and move on. We don't need to bring it up in every thread that's associated with Tim or Steph.

Bad stories happen every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Here's the screenshot.
    313488685_495039759219775_4750433897901103003_n.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Batgirls #12 Preview
    Writers: Michael Conrad and Becky Cloonan
    Artist: Neil Googe

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batgirls #12 Preview
    Writers: Michael Conrad and Becky Cloonan
    Artist: Neil Googe

They changed the cover! How odd! And Neil Googe is back on full art - thank goodness. Though his lines seem oddly sketchy here. Ah, well. Looks great!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'm glad we've got normal Riddler instead of shirtless, contorted, or hipster Riddler. And of course he brings up Cluemaster.

Will Cass keep the jetpack?