Page 53 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Babs gets a moment! Cass gets a moment! Steph gets a moment! And all before the body-switching!

Cass looking chic!

Steph still isn't completely over Tim and Kyle isn't completely over Olive, but they seem to be making slow but steady progress.
    I like that moment between Steph and Kyle. Addressing their past, both long past and current!

Really wish I dug the art more.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Babs gets a moment! Cass gets a moment! Steph gets a moment! And all before the body-switching!

Cass looking chic!

Steph still isn't completely over Tim and Kyle isn't completely over Olive, but they seem to be making slow but steady progress.

So this makes Tim look like an extra tool for introducing Steph to Bernard without asking her first.

Wonder if the Tim/Steph shippers will be happy about that or not. (Somehow got the idea that Kyle was going to be a short-term thing, but looks like it's a longer arc than I thought.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wonder if the Tim/Steph shippers will be happy about that or not. (Somehow got the idea that Kyle was going to be a short-term thing, but looks like it's a longer arc than I thought.)
    Speaking as a TimSteph shipper, I'm very happy to see Steph and Kyle explore a potential romance together. I love both of them, and it'd be nice for Steph to be the more famous character in a relationship for once!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I'm so excited for this next Batgirls! This will be the one where Steph and Cass switch bodies right? That's gonna be fun to read.

I'm also glad to see Steph on a date but not just ignoring or erasing her previous relationship with Tim and acting as if she was just "settling" on him or some crappy wording like that. I'm ready to see her move on but I like this slow approach of her not being fully ready yet. It'll make it all the better when she is.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'm so excited for this next Batgirls! This will be the one where Steph and Cass switch bodies right? That's gonna be fun to read.

I'm also glad to see Steph on a date but not just ignoring or erasing her previous relationship with Tim and acting as if she was just "settling" on him or some crappy wording like that. I'm ready to see her move on but I like this slow approach of her not being fully ready yet. It'll make it all the better when she is.
    I'm excited about the arc, but man does this art make me wish it was by any of the other three artists on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm excited about the arc, but man does this art make me wish it was by any of the other three artists on the book.
    Yeah, this art isn't my favorite. But it likely won't bother me too much if the story is good. Though I am kind of missing the early artist from the first issues. Maybe because I just got the Batgirls trade paperback.

Yeah, this art isn't my favorite. But it likely won't bother me too much if the story is good. Though I am kind of missing the early artist from the first issues. Maybe because I just got the Batgirls trade paperback.
    I really, really miss Jorge Corona. I'm glad he's still on covers! Really looking forward to getting February's cover with an Angry Steph by him on it!

I really, really miss Jorge Corona. I'm glad he's still on covers! Really looking forward to getting February's cover with an Angry Steph by him on it!
    Oooh! An angry Steph cover is one I'm gonna want to have!

Oooh! An angry Steph cover is one I'm gonna want to have!
    Yes, gotta have it!

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think they're handling it as gracefully as they can, especially when Tim and Bernard is...Tim and Bernard.

Yes, gotta have it!

I freakin love it! Give me that cover all day everyday! I especially love what she's ripping apart with a child's drawing of Cluemaster. Can't wait for that story!

I think they're handling it as gracefully as they can, especially when Tim and Bernard is...Tim and Bernard.
    At least they aren't shoving Steph and Kyle down everyone's throats as the greatest love story to ever happen in the DC universe! I swear Tim/Bernard brings out the worst in me, it's why I try to avoid talking about it lol.

Incredible Member

The annual cover, by Rodriguez, is the first main cover Corona didn't draw. No variants for this annual, either, which is unexpected.

I'm hoping I like Jonathan Case's work, but regardless, I think he's only going to be drawing the December and January issues, and then it's back to Neil Googe for February.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    The annual cover, by Rodriguez, is the first main cover Corona didn't draw. No variants for this annual, either, which is unexpected.

I'm hoping I like Jonathan Case's work, but regardless, I think he's only going to be drawing the December and January issues, and then it's back to Neil Googe for February.
    Actually, Annuals don't usually have variants. They are odd beasts, not usually put in people's comic book subscription boxes without being explicitly asked for at the shop, which I think is a huge mistake.

It does look like Case is just on for two issues. I'm very curious how his stuff looks!

Mighty Member

I freakin love it! Give me that cover all day everyday! I especially love what she's ripping apart with a child's drawing of Cluemaster. Can't wait for that story!

At least they aren't shoving Steph and Kyle down everyone's throats as the greatest love story to ever happen in the DC universe! I swear Tim/Bernard brings out the worst in me, it's why I try to avoid talking about it lol.
    Oh yeah.... Like the constant acting of Tim and Bernard as better than Tim and Stephanie is annoying and hard to buy given how we barely see it and how much Tim loved Steph to the point it survived a timelime change. Like 6 months and Tim is already saying it's better than being with Stephanie even when he isn't sure if he and Bernard are "boyfriends"? Not to mention the only excuse for why Tim seems over Steph is due to being bi and it is implied Bernard s helps him fullfill that which the "settling" comment implying Stephanie couldn't which is problematic as it implies he could only truly be bi with a dude and wanted a dude this whole time especially as he claimed Stephanie was everything he always wanted and more so being bi shouldn't negate that for the first guy who shows somewhat of an interest (again given how in UL he seems to instantly fall for Bernard with little buildup which again gives of the impression it is due to him being a dude) which makes him come across as gay as it implies despite this Stephanie couldn't fulfill him being bi.

Sorry for the long post, but to the topic on hand I actually LIKE the art honestly and really think Cain should have been here and not Shiva.