Page 61 of 91 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Hmm, then I wonder what 14 is about? Talking with her dad while Cass and the others go looking for her.
    #14, next month, is the all silent issue of Cass searching for Steph.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    #14, next month, is the all silent issue of Cass searching for Steph.
    Ooooh! That sounds fun. Silent detective work for Cass. I'm sure they have a cover already but a variant should be of Cass hushing to the viewers to keep quiet lol.

Ooooh! That sounds fun. Silent detective work for Cass. I'm sure they have a cover already but a variant should be of Cass hushing to the viewers to keep quiet lol.
    The cover is Cass looking sad in the rain on a rooftop. But the variant is Artgerm doing Steph and Cass Batgirls, so...that's what I'm getting.

https://stephaniebrown.fandom.com/wi...girls_Vol_1_14
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

The cover is Cass looking sad in the rain on a rooftop. But the variant is Artgerm doing Steph and Cass Batgirls, so...that's what I'm getting.

https://stephaniebrown.fandom.com/wi...girls_Vol_1_14
    Noooo! That cover is to depressing for me. This is giving me War Games flashbacks, I know it won't be that but even the reminder of that arc depresses me.

Noooo! That cover is to depressing for me. This is giving me War Games flashbacks, I know it won't be that but even the reminder of that arc depresses me.
    Worry not! The next issue cover show Steph alive, well, and kicking!

https://stephaniebrown.fandom.com/wi...girls_Vol_1_15

Worry not! The next issue cover show Steph alive, well, and kicking!

https://stephaniebrown.fandom.com/wi...girls_Vol_1_15
    Thank goodness no more War Games vibes. And it's of angry Steph too. Perfect!

Incredible Member

So many questions! But good questions, because they indicate engagement and investment in what happens!
    Haha. I will try to engage more in that, and less in what I am afraid might happen.

Hmm, then I wonder what 14 is about? Talking with her dad while Cass and the others go looking for her.
    I could see that. Because they've already swapped back, it wouldn't be the same type of interaction, but it would at least "look" like the two pairs had equal page time, since there were so many more panels of "Cass" with Shiva.

It does feel like the swap back was too soon, and it resolved without requiring any ingenuity on anyone's part. I mean yes, Babs did do some sleuthing (in the Yellow Pages?!), so that was clever, and we got a nice sequence with Babs, Batman and Zatanna with Madame Zodiac, but they didn't actually accomplish anything - the wish resolved on its own.

I thought it was very funny that Bruce and Babs got suited up before entering the Wayne Manor séance room. Such a random thing to do.

Who were the faces that appeared to Zatanna? One was Steph, one was Madame Zodiac, but I don't know the other two. But Zatanna says they know 3 of the faces. Maybe the smoker is Constantine, but what would he have to do with it? And among the other images of faces should be Barbara and even Zatanna herself.

Usually all characters get listed at dc.fandom.com, even those in visions, but that site doesn't include that vision.

And then, was there a joke I missed? Two panels spent on Barbara asking if they can take Batman's car, and Batman insisting he'd be driving. What was the background to this? It reads like a punchline to something where the first half of the joke was missing. And why would there be any question about which car to take? Did they take separate vehicles from Wayne Manor to Madam Zodiac's? If so, why?

There was also wasted space talking about Constantine's smoking and Barbara's gloves. These things just don't add anything to the story. What is the point that Barbara would be wearing gloves when touching old manuscripts? Maybe it's an attempt to reference Barbara's time as a conscientious librarian?

Thank goodness no more War Games vibes. And it's of angry Steph too. Perfect!
    Indeed! I really, really love this cover. Very "Steph is back and she is MAD and gonna kick some Cluemaster butt!" Just how I like Steph!

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Haha. I will try to engage more in that, and less in what I am afraid might happen.

I could see that. Because they've already swapped back, it wouldn't be the same type of interaction, but it would at least "look" like the two pairs had equal page time, since there were so many more panels of "Cass" with Shiva.

It does feel like the swap back was too soon, and it resolved without requiring any ingenuity on anyone's part. I mean yes, Babs did do some sleuthing (in the Yellow Pages?!), so that was clever, and we got a nice sequence with Babs, Batman and Zatanna with Madame Zodiac, but they didn't actually accomplish anything - the wish resolved on its own.

I thought it was very funny that Bruce and Babs got suited up before entering the Wayne Manor séance room. Such a random thing to do.

Who were the faces that appeared to Zatanna? One was Steph, one was Madame Zodiac, but I don't know the other two. But Zatanna says they know 3 of the faces. Maybe the smoker is Constantine, but what would he have to do with it? And among the other images of faces should be Barbara and even Zatanna herself.

Usually all characters get listed at dc.fandom.com, even those in visions, but that site doesn't include that vision.

And then, was there a joke I missed? Two panels spent on Barbara asking if they can take Batman's car, and Batman insisting he'd be driving. What was the background to this? It reads like a punchline to something where the first half of the joke was missing. And why would there be any question about which car to take? Did they take separate vehicles from Wayne Manor to Madam Zodiac's? If so, why?

There was also wasted space talking about Constantine's smoking and Barbara's gloves. These things just don't add anything to the story. What is the point that Barbara would be wearing gloves when touching old manuscripts? Maybe it's an attempt to reference Barbara's time as a conscientious librarian?
    Hey, man, it's not that I DON'T have the same concerns you do, but I prefer to try to enjoy what we've got while we've got it. Everyone has to find their joy somewhere!

I do agree that the swap back being automatic is a bit disappointing - it means Babs and Bruce didn't actually accomplish that much - though hopefully we'll see more payoff to that later in the arc.

I recognized Constantine as one of the faces, and Etrigan the Demon maybe.

I think the joke about Bruce driving is he's a control freak. Maybe even a very obscure callback to when Steph wanted to drive the car when she was Robin.

I quite liked all the librarian touches for Babs - it made it feel like she really was Babs of the history I love, not just Rookie Burnside Wacky Hero Girl.

Incredible Member

Hey, man, it's not that I DON'T have the same concerns you do, but I prefer to try to enjoy what we've got while we've got it. Everyone has to find their joy somewhere!
    I did enjoy it, and the first post I made about this issue praised it.

They say daylight is good, but I realize most people who cite evidence the way I have, do it to support their own shipping. And since I'm sort of anti-shipping them (hoping my words cast a spell over Chen at al to stop them from fully Draking the situation), my posts have probably confused some people. Perhaps I won't continue, or perhaps each issue I won't be able to stop myself.

Eeh, I still don’t recognize this Cass/Shiva relationship. Felt more like it should be David giving Shiva’s speech here.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Eeh, I still don’t recognize this Cass/Shiva relationship. Felt more like it should be David giving Shiva’s speech here.
    With "everything happened" and all the various takes on Shiva and her relationship, it's like you can justify anything at this point .

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Perhaps to put it more simply, versions of Batman Eternal and to a much lesser extent B&R Eternal happened, but the first origins for Steph and Cass are what DC are going with from now on. Same as with Azrael.

It's basically been softly rebooted. Like what they did with Mr Freeze.
    Yeah - those stories happened, but are no longer their origins. Steph simply reverted to Spoiler and Cass changed her codename to Orphan because Babs was operating as Batgirl again.

It's like Cyborg, his New 52 origin involves him becoming Cyborg and immediately joining the Justice League. Now, that was probably just him getting his body upgraded, as he'd been a Titan for quite a few years already. The rest of the story can still happen, but certain things like character origins are no longer part of them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm sure everyone has seen this but I love this variant cover for the future issue 14. So casual and not only is Stephanie eating a burger, but I love the little keychains of her as Robin and the Barbara one with Cassandra. They are so cute and the Robin Steph one is so cheerful. I love how these covers shows the Batgirls with such fun personalities

74d4ea8754eb6ced991bca649c4a018a8d78.jpg

I'm sure everyone has seen this but I love this variant cover for the future issue 14. So casual and not only is Stephanie eating a burger, but I love the little keychains of her as Robin and the Barbara one with Cassandra. They are so cute and the Robin Steph one is so cheerful. I love how these covers shows the Batgirls with such fun personalities

74d4ea8754eb6ced991bca649c4a018a8d78.jpg
    I really, really love that Robin Steph keychain!

I just saw on Amazon, that Batgirls Vol 2 is going to be called "Bat Girl Summer!" and will be available in March next year. I'm going to put a reminder to get that in my 2023 calendar! More Batgirls equals more fun! Also Steph's kiddie pool