Page 64 of 91 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Just the one’s where that is the sole focus of her in the story. Not my fault if those are more common then not with Oracle. If that’s not the case here, support it with evidence that says otherwise.

That’s being said, again Batgirls is what it’s is. It’s fine if that’s her role in the book. I enjoy the book. But let’s not pretend Babs physical situation in it is there for her stories purposes, or that her characterization is particularly progressive.
    Pretty much every issue after the first one or two refutes your claim.

Like the current story? Except for the crossover with Nightwing Batgirls hasn’t had 1 story about Babs, her condition, or her role as Oracle. The closest it got was the ex boyfriend bad guy. Her role in the book from issue 1 to issue 13 has generally been the same. For example notice how they do a story about parents yet we haven’t seen the commish anywhere in sight. Whats her role in the current story. It’s been the same with every story here for the most part. We get some Dick and Babs pandering here and there, but that’s more or less it. It acknowledges Babs but its not here to develop her or say anything about her beyond her role as Cass and Steph’s guardian.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-06-2023 at 09:30 PM.

If continuity was sorted out properly, Steph and Cass wouldn't even need a guardian. They should be around 22 years old by now (Tim Drake should be 21 as he was originally seven years older than Damian who's now 14 - and Steph was a year older than Tim).
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The Batgirl solo movie always felt really disconnected from anything to do with the comics to me. I have no doubt the business people think that "everything can be lumped together under the name Batgirl", but since we know that movies really don't affect sales of comics...I don't really know what the comics arm is thinking. Plus, the movie was in development for so, so long, it doesn't really feel like any current decisions in the comics line have been made to have any movie synergy.
    Yeah, if they were aiming for movie synergy, Barry would be the lead in The Flash, not Wally, the last Suicide Squad book would've had Harley Quinn (it was the first one since 2011 that didn't) and Thinker, and the JSA wouldn't include it's traditional big hitters (Green Lantern, Flash, Wildcat, Power Girl) as the Black Adam movie's roster didn't include them (it was Doctor Fate, Atom Smasher, Cyclone and Hawkman). The comics are doing their own thing.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-10-2023 at 05:27 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Batgirls #14 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan & Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Jonathan Case

Cass is very effective at all silent issues .

(And the art has really improved on this book...)

Did Cluemaster pull a Riddler?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cass is very effective at all silent issues .

(And the art has really improved on this book...)

Did Cluemaster pull a Riddler?
    What did Riddler do?

I think Case's art is pretty great, but am sad this is the last issue he's schedulled for. I'm excited to get Googe back, though. But I've liked every artist on the book except Rodriguez.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

What did Riddler do?

I think Case's art is pretty great, but am sad this is the last issue he's schedulled for. I'm excited to get Googe back, though. But I've liked every artist on the book except Rodriguez.
    Lazarus Pit resurrection?

Lazarus Pit resurrection?
    When did he do that? I thought that was just Deathstroke.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

When did he do that? I thought that was just Deathstroke.
    I think it was in the animated adaption of Hush.

I think it was in the animated adaption of Hush.
    How weird. I didn't watch that. Was it also in the comic version?

How weird. I didn't watch that. Was it also in the comic version?
    I don't think so...although I feel like I read something about Riddler and Lazarus stuff before, but I could be wrong.

I don't think so...although I feel like I read something about Riddler and Lazarus stuff before, but I could be wrong.
    Well, checking the final issue of Hush, Riddler did use the Pit to cure brain cancer, apparently. Is that what he did in the movie?

Well, checking the final issue of Hush, Riddler did use the Pit to cure brain cancer, apparently. Is that what he did in the movie?
    Yeah, more or less.

BANNED

So I tried the first issue. Once I saw Babs up and walking around, that was it for me. I was done. Closed the book. It’s a shame because I love Steph and Cass, but walking Barbara is the reason I dumped DC when they did the New 52. It’s 11 years later and they still haven’t corrected their mistake and I’m not confident they ever will.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Babs characterization here is subservient to Cass and Steph, and her physical situation is little more then a convenient way to sideline here whenever they want. This book does very little in exploring Babs disability or Oracle. Books cute, but it is what it is. Babs is in it to help Steph and Cass. Pretty much everything they do with her in it is motivated by that purpose.
    Babs should ALWAYS be subservient to Cass and Steph, the superior Batgirls.